Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kelly's Epic Chili

2»

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    buzd504 said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    SPRIGS said:
    lkapigian said:
    Awesome Looking Chili !!

Chili is just one of those things I struggle with, my achilles heel--seems I can follow a recipe to a T and still miss---then I can nail other things that some struggle with :s
    I'm with you.  Chili is not strong point.  I finally came up with something last year after about 8-10 attempts that was not only serviceable but pretty darned good.  Can't find the recipe now!  Go figure.  I may have to try this one as it looks really good.  For those of you that have made it, any thoughts on including some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce?  I used that in my last few batches last year and they really added to the depth of flavor.  
    Honestly, if you make this recipe, I would leave it as is without putting in the chipotle. That might complicate the flavor. 
    Nonsense.  I've made variants of this recipe a bunch of times, and chipotles in adobo make it even better.  Go easy though, depending on your audience, they get spicy quick.
    Well I've been known to be wrong a coupla times. ;)
  • I would at least try the recipe like it's written. It's won awards the way it is. I'm just saying.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I would at least try the recipe like it's written. It's won awards the way it is. I'm just saying.
    Absolutely. I make every recipe as is the first time and then go from there. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I have used this recipe a few times.  Awesome.  I will try the @DoubleEgger approach.  I am doing a brisket for tomorrow night.  Since it is sooo cold up here in MI lately (48 on my way in to work this morning), chili sounds great!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Love love love this recipe. To date, best chili I've ever had. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jeremiah said:
    Only cause I made it for you...
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah said:
    Only cause I made it for you...
    Agreed.  :|
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    It made for some killer nachos last night too. 

• Jeremiah
    Now you're just showing off. 
  • frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    Waiting for the temps to drop and will trying this one out. Just can't bring myself to make chili when it's hot.
    Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)