Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza sauce in process

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    RRP said:
    What I said that has gotten so misquoted by people here who hate me was quite simple to understand. What I said in EASY to understand words was AFTER surgery or radiation which has cured their prostate cancer then they MAY not or will not have a normal sex life. Then ...HERE... I said either ACCEPT THAT or if you can't handle that change to your life then go shoot yourself! I NEVER SAID IF YOU HAVE PROSTATE CANCER GO KILL YOURSELF! Get it? 
    If I was you I would've just let it go man
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Try cooking that on the egg for the best sauce you will ever have. This is a marinara sauce but you get the idea. 
    I like the looks of that
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    RRP said:
    What I said that has gotten so misquoted by people here who hate me was quite simple to understand. What I said in EASY to understand words was AFTER surgery or radiation which has cured their prostate cancer then they MAY not or will not have a normal sex life. Then ...HERE... I said either ACCEPT THAT or if you can't handle that change to your life then go shoot yourself! I NEVER SAID IF YOU HAVE PROSTATE CANCER GO KILL YOURSELF! Get it? 
    I really hope someone has a screenshot cause that's not near how you said it. 
  • Lit
    And why would you tell someone that just had surgery for cancer 2 weeks before bad news? You don't bring someone down at that point Ron that's wrong on so many levels how can you keep defending yourself? All you had to do was admit it was a stupid comment but all you do is argue. Ron is always right it's so annoying.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    It takes a pretty dense individual to think he meant for someone to kill themselves. Just saying. 
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Hans61 said:
    RRP said:

Did you seriously tell Ron to "let it go"?????????  What planet do you live on?  It is SOOOO obvious a group of D!ickheads on here for whatever reason is pissed at him and have been insulting him for a week.   Give me a break!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    Woodchunk said:
    Try cooking that on the egg for the best sauce you will ever have. This is a marinara sauce but you get the idea. 
    I like the looks of that Is a simple cook. I do a batch when the tomatoes from the garden pile up. 
    I half the plums and cover them on the egg to steam the skins then just pick them off. Then finish cooking uncovered after adding some garden basil, garlic. Some onion, EVO, a little oregano and red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. 
    This works really well with lump crab meat and shrimp. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    • 3 tea California style garlic salt
    My brain took a second to try and figure out exactly what goes into "3 Tea California style garlic salt".

I suspect kush may be on the list. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    Looks like a great recipe Ron!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    WTF?!  @pgprescott flags me "troll" for being out of garlic salt?  If that's your new standard, prepare for me using it too.
    WTF?!  @pgprescott flags me "troll" for being out of garlic salt?  If that's your new standard, prepare for me using it too.
    Lol! Right. 
  • Lit
    RRP said:
    Hmmm.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Ron, i have no beef with you.  Ive only left compliments. The way you bombed my wall. You're not a good person. Prove me wrong. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Lit
    johnnyp said:
    I haven't really spoken up and, frankly, I'd rather not be involved. So this is the first and only comment I'll make on the matter, but I'd regret not speaking up. 

The Ron jokes have gone on too long.  He opened up about an extremely personal story and it's been met with venom.  Granted, he was kind of a d!ck. But the constant barrage of "breadstick" jokes feel over the line. It's gone on for days. 
    Agreed.

I'll add that it's been disheartening to see some members for whom I held esteem join in on the debacle. The fact that Ron's comments were not well received does not legitimize the merciless and childish taunts against him.
    All Ron had to do was admit what he said was wrong but all he does is argue and would never admit any wrong doing when it was clearly a crappy thing to say. The fact that he's still arguing that he said nothing wrong shows the kind of person he is. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hans61 said:
    RRP said:
    I have tried and tried - trust me, but the whole reason I was as blunt as I was in my initial response was from personal experience - not only mine but 7 male friends. BTW I have helped them grasp and better understand the devestating news when they too were diagnosed with prostate cancer just like me.

For my detractors I say until you have been there and been CRUSHED with that prognosis then don't such a smart *ss posting pictures and making fun of prostate cancer survivors - it is not funny. 

And then here all I was trying to do was post a helpful thread about a delicious pizza sauce recipe.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lit
    RRP said:
    Hans61 said:
    RRP said:
    I have tried and tried - trust me, but the whole reason I was as blunt as I was in my initial response was from personal experience - not only mine but 7 male friends. BTW I have helped them grasp and better understand the devestating news when they too were diagnosed with prostate cancer just like me.

For my detractors I say until you have been there and been CRUSHED with that prognosis then don't such a smart *ss posting pictures and making fun of prostate cancer survivors - it is not funny. 

And then here all I was trying to do was post a helpful thread about a delicious pizza sauce recipe.
    So you told someone who was already crushed more bad news Ron and told them if it's important to them go Kill them self? That's support? 
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    He is a little passive aggressive when he posts. 

• bgebrent
    He is a little passive aggressive when he posts. 

A little?? JC. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Lol! Right. 
    What an ass.

^^^€this.
  • Woodchunk
    edited August 2017
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

You you just don't get it. We are talking sauces here not pictures of what your brain does when you post. Start your own thread if you want to post pics of your brain
  • Lit
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

You you just don't get it. We are talking sauces here not pictures of what your brain does when you post. Start your own thread if you want to post pics of your brain
    Your not gonna get any good cooking tips from Ron just do a forum search.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bgebrent
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Lit said:
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

Really??? ok everyone, just click on lits page and see how many of his discussions are about cooking.  Give me a break

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Woodchunk
    bgebrent said:
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

Lit said:
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

Lol, I asked for that
  • Lit
    EGGjlmh said:
    Lit said:
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

Really??? ok everyone, just click on lits page and see how many of his discussions are about cooking.  Give me a break
    Sorry I forgot to post my pizza sauce I made on the stove. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    bgebrent said:
    Ron, i have no beef with you.  Ive only left compliments. The way you bombed my wall. You're not a good person. Prove me wrong. 
    PROVE you wrong???

Here for all to read is what you say is how I "bombed" your wall!

On 8-16 I said:

Fine! Please send me your mailing address as I never save them. I will in return send you your payment LESS the postage cost. I don't make jack **** from my Rutland service to my fellow eggers and would HATE for you to think I screwed you over!

Then on 8-26 I said:

Brent, I keep getting getting misquoted. But I'm tired of explaining what I meant and the damage has continued to compound by those here who hate me.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.