Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza sauce in process

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Lit said:
    EGGjlmh said:
    Lit said:
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

You you just don't get it. We are talking sauces here not pictures of what your brain does when you post. Start your own thread if you want to post pics of your brain
    Your not gonna get any good cooking tips from Ron just do a forum search.

Really??? ok everyone, just click on lits page and see how many of his discussions are about cooking.  Give me a break
    Sorry I forgot to post my pizza sauce I made on the stove. 
    LOL. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Lit said:
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

You you just don't get it. We are talking sauces here not pictures of what your brain does when you post. Start your own thread if you want to post pics of your brain

Really??? ok everyone, just click on lits page and see how many of his discussions are about cooking.  Give me a break
    A review of his past comments reveals a very predominant streak of posts about Ron across a variety of threads.

I offer no interpretation. Just stating fact.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    EGGjlmh said:
    Lit said:
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

Sorry I forgot to post my pizza sauce I made on the stove. 

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    He is a little passive aggressive when he posts. 

A little?? JC. 

And doesn't know when to quit.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Lit said:
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:

Hmmm.

A review of his past comments reveals a very predominant streak of posts about Ron across a variety of threads.

I offer no interpretation. Just stating fact.
    Wow that's great detective work. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Whoever thought a post about pizza sauce could foster such vitriol
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I've got a recipe for a great delicate white sauce but I'm saving it for Friday. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Whoever thought a post about pizza sauce could foster such vitriol
    It was cooked on the stove.  Also, thread not posted in OT.  So... you know.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Aww...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    2 facts of life... haters gonna hate, lit is going to be a childish dïck behind his keyboard. These things likely won't change in our lifetime. 
    Snellville, GA

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    I remember RRP's response about prostate cancer. I was surprised about the go kill yourself comment. I did not take it to mean he was telling someone to truly off themselves, but rather said it in a way to make his point perfectly clear. Overboard in my opinion? Yes. But is there anyone in here that truly does not understand why he did it that way, even if you or I wouldn't? I seriously doubt it, because most people are not that stupid. The takeaway seems to have been "great, we can now make fun of Ron about E.D." If you don't believe that, look at the amount of E.D. jokes. He opened up about a private issue and people use it to ridicule him. A few months ago some guy on here who was going through a divorce and asked for opinions. Someone opened up about his own divorce and someone later made fun of that guy for being divorced. My guess is that many of Ron's tormentors were nerds in high school and bullied, now they are bullies. Or not. Maybe they were never bullied, but simply never grew up. Regardless, give it a rest.
    Nicely put.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Hey that looks familiar!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The pizza sauce seriously looks good. I like that it uses fresh tomatoes. So many sauce recipes I see are just combining cans. If I am going to open 4 cans and dump them together then I might as well just buy pizza sauce in a can. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    The pizza sauce seriously looks good. I like that it uses fresh tomatoes. So many sauce recipes I see are just combining cans. If I am going to open 4 cans and dump them together then I might as well just buy pizza sauce in a can. 
    Thank you! I never thought I would create such a fire storm when ALL I was tying to do today was to post a SIMPLE pizza sauce recipe that we have loved for years! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Another recipe for the list to try. Trying a Forkish style pizza on Friday.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Another recipe for the list to try. Trying a Forkish style pizza on Friday.
    He has sauce recipes in his book as well. Just sayin'...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This is dedicated to all the haters.  You are terrible people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Options
    This is dedicated to all the haters.  You are terrible people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

I had to mute the TV, up the PC volume, make it full-screen. That really spoke to me. Oh, and for another it really doesn't matter a crap-load of beans factoid, she's from the same county I live in.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @DMW - hey hater, did you ever fire up your XXL?   Seems like we never talk!
    Options
    No, it's still sitting in the garage. I have the contract to sign for the patio, just need to pull the permit before I sign. Been gone for a few weeks. Need to get the drawing finished and submit the permit application tomorrow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    DMW said:
    No, it's still sitting in the garage. I have the contract to sign for the patio, just need to pull the permit before I sign. Been gone for a few weeks. Need to get the drawing finished and submit the permit application tomorrow.
    When you finally get the permits, jump through flaming hoops and get a skid loader to put it in it's final resting place (probably right before you sell the house), I think you should christen it with "THE WORLD'S LARGEST SPAGHETTI-FILLED MEATBALL".  I figure you can probably stuff a 300 pound meatball in there, lots of spaghetti so it'll you'll save money.

Call Guinness up and tell them you are ready to go.  I did a little research and there doesn't seem to be any records on this.  Use Ron's sauce to top it.  See? On topic.
    Options

I wish those on both sides would take out their anger in traffic like normal people.  Y'all are harshing the vibe on the forum.  Rub each others bellies and be done with it already.

Phoenix 
  • zosobao5150
    Options
    Looks like a good sauce recipe.

I look at different social media platforms and always wonder if people would be willing to argue or be so critical, or hateful, if they actually had to say those things to the other persons face. Would I be willing to say these things in front of others and to the person's face? If the answer is no, it shouldn't be posted.
    XL BGE