Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza sauce in process

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    if i was so obsessed with hating someone  on an internet bbq forum, i think i would go kill myself =)
    Words to live by right there.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    if i was so obsessed with hating someone  on an internet bbq forum, i think i would go kill myself =)
    Words to live by right there.  
    What if you're obsessed with hating America? 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    @RRP , good recipe. Thanks for sharing the stoke.

I don't make my own pizza sauce (I just love the canned Don Pepino as a classic) but I do make a huge pot of marina a couple times a year and agree, if freezes great.  It's really nice for quick easy home cooked meals when you don't have time to make anything else.  The family always appreciates it.

LBGE/Maryland
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    KiterTodd said:
    @RRP , good recipe. Thanks for sharing the stoke.

I don't make my own pizza sauce (I just love the canned Don Pepino as a classic) but I do make a huge pot of marina a couple times a year and agree, if freezes great.  It's really nice for quick easy home cooked meals when you don't have time to make anything else.  The family always appreciates it.

I agree, Don Pepino is made right here in south Jersey from locally grown tomatoes and is what I use on pizza. 

We just canned 70 jars of tomatoes for sauce. This was a light year. We just  don't seem to have the time to cook as much any more. Plus the kids being gone we have less incentive. We buy those tomatoes. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Really good looking recipe.  Thank you.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Hans61 said:
    RRP said:
    What I said that has gotten so misquoted by people here who hate me was quite simple to understand. What I said in EASY to understand words was AFTER surgery or radiation which has cured their prostate cancer then they MAY not or will not have a normal sex life. Then ...HERE... I said either ACCEPT THAT or if you can't handle that change to your life then go shoot yourself! I NEVER SAID IF YOU HAVE PROSTATE CANCER GO KILL YOURSELF! Get it? 
    If I was you I would've just let it go man
    @EGGjlmh this comment wasnt meant to be mean and the way @RRP  responded I don't think he took it that way
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    This thread reminds me of the things I hated about high school.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey said:
    Cafeteria pizza?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    We had good pie at my school. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey said:
    Prostate advice?
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    RRP said:
    What I said that has gotten so misquoted by people here who hate me was quite simple to understand. What I said in EASY to understand words was AFTER surgery or radiation which has cured their prostate cancer then they MAY not or will not have a normal sex life. Then ...HERE... I said either ACCEPT THAT or if you can't handle that change to your life then go shoot yourself! I NEVER SAID IF YOU HAVE PROSTATE CANCER GO KILL YOURSELF! Get it? 
    Ron it's a real shame that some individuals misquote and manipulate other people's words to inflame and cause trouble. As a long time Egger but only occasional poster I commend your helpful posts not only in this forum but UMAI and other forums as well. Please don't let these for lack of a better word Trolls keep you from posting helpful hints, recipes or just general knowledge. You have always been extremely helpful and have always been there to lend a helping hand. As a side note the cast iron grate you made for me all those years ago for my small egg is still going strong. Thanks for the pizza sauce recipe. If any take offense to my siding with Ron so be it. I will now get off my soap box.
    Right on RR.
    Some struggle with reading comprehension too.

Methinks also, some are so immature and naive about life, that they don't have a Focking clue.
    It's all fun and games, until you're with your Dad, he's sobbing (which has only been witnessed one other time), and the doc is giving you 10 yrs with treatment.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Focker said:
    RRP said:
    Ron it's a real shame that some individuals misquote and manipulate other people's words to inflame and cause trouble. As a long time Egger but only occasional poster I commend your helpful posts not only in this forum but UMAI and other forums as well. Please don't let these for lack of a better word Trolls keep you from posting helpful hints, recipes or just general knowledge. You have always been extremely helpful and have always been there to lend a helping hand. As a side note the cast iron grate you made for me all those years ago for my small egg is still going strong. Thanks for the pizza sauce recipe. If any take offense to my siding with Ron so be it. I will now get off my soap box.
    Right on RR.

Methinks also, some are so immature and naive about life, that they don't have a Focking clue.
    It's all fun and games, until you're with your Dad, he's sobbing (which has only been witnessed one other time), and the doc is giving you 10 yrs with treatment.
    I posted a screenshot with Rons exact words. It's hard to misunderstand. Even several people supporting Ron said they couldn't believe he posted it. It's not a lack of reading comprehension it's a stupid post with complete lack of thought. Why did Ron feel the need to tell someone that just had surgery for cancer they will no longer be able to get an erection? What a dumbass move. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    I thought someone said this thread was dead!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit said:
    Focker said:
    RRP said:
    Right on RR.

I posted a screenshot with Rons exact words. It's hard to misunderstand. Even several people supporting Ron said they couldn't believe he posted it. It's not a lack of reading comprehension it's a stupid post with complete lack of thought. Why did Ron feel the need to tell someone that just had surgery for cancer they will no longer be able to get an erection? What a dumbass move. 
    Yes yes.....all of us here that have children are familiar with "he started it" so really no need to explain.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Lit
    Lit said:
    Focker said:
    RRP said:
    Right on RR.

Yes yes.....all of us here that have children are familiar with "he started it" so really no need to explain.
    I was responding to a post saying I had no reading comprehension. It's not ok to respond?
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    edited September 2017
    Lit said:
    Focker said:
    RRP said:
    Right on RR.

You still don't get it and at this point no amount of explaining will help you get it. It's not about what someone posted in another thread, it's about what YOU posted in this thread. I agree your comprehension is pretty low
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Great looking recipe, @RRP!  Will hafta try it out. 
  • Lit
    Woodchunk said:
    Lit said:
    Focker said:
    RRP said:
    Right on RR.

You still don't get it and at this point no amount of explaining will help you get it. It's not about what someone posted in another thread, it's about what YOU posted in this thread. I agree your comprehension is pretty low
    Why do you continue to post and flag nobody cares what you think.
  • Lit
    @woodchunk don't you realize I have stopped posting about it I am only responding to others. People saw what Ron posted I am over it.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357

BAM!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ron, it looks to be a solid recipe. Thanks!

Wow, not sure how you have managed to draw such ferocious criticism (and 13 responses in this thread alone) from a particular A**hole. Karma will surely suck for him!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Ron, it looks to be a solid recipe. Thanks!

Wow, not sure how you have managed to draw such ferocious criticism (and 13 responses in this thread alone) from a particular A**hole. Karma will surely suck for him!
    I think there was some carry over from a thread that got buffaloed 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Focker
    Ron, it looks to be a solid recipe. Thanks!

Faith, this is a different place.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited September 2017
    Thanks so much Ron.  The non LEDs are so much softer, and better.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Lit
    Focker said:
    Thanks so much Ron.  The non LEDs are so much softer, and better.  
    Rons the place to go for advice on keeping it soft.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,251
    edited September 2017
    The thing about bullying is that it reflects on the bully rather than on the intended victim.

To do harm is to do yourself harm. To do an injustice is to do yourself an injustice. It degrades you. 
  • Lit
    The thing about bullying is that it reflects on the bully rather than on the intended victim.

To do harm is to do yourself harm. To do an injustice is to do yourself an injustice. It degrades you. 
    Your so right I feel horrible.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    @RRP,  your many contributions to this forum have been really helpful to egg nation.  Many thanks Ron! You're great!