Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,371
    Lemon bourbon honey schriacha sock eye. Lots of orange bu Kroger was out of sprouts. Go figure. 

Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 997
    kl8ton said:
    Had a little fire last night.  Approx 15 trees that were 30-40 feet tall.  I had the excavator push them down and into a pile during the construction on our house.  The pile is a good 50' in diameter.  Flames got about 30' tall.  Fire department paid a visit.

To the FD.....Want a beer?
    Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,371
    Cleaning up my brand new pizza stone after a drunken pizza cook a couple weeks ago. Finished my salmon, opened up the vents, put the stone on dirty side down. Went to check on it. Thermo wrapped to 200( dammit) burp, burp, burp.  Finally open with flames shooting thru dome and my gasket is on fire. Holy shît!  Never seen that!  Wanted a pic, but phone was inside. Seemed prudent to try and extinguish.  Cool. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,449
    For any Super Mario nerds out there:

• da87da87 Posts: 638
    On and stable

Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,016
    Just lit her up for tonight's brisket 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • LakeSeminoleEggerLakeSeminoleEgger Posts: 75
    edited August 2017
    Just lit the EGG, gonna read some posts for inspiration while its heating up...
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
  • EoinEoin Posts: 1,661
    It's morning here. Ribs on.

• "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
  • Butts on at 5:15
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 597
    Just saw Franklins caught on fire. Luckily no injuries. 
    Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,257
    Lemon bourbon honey schriacha sock eye. Lots of orange bu Kroger was out of sprouts. Go figure. 

Orange sucks.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • Eoin said:
    It's morning here. Ribs on.

Well that looks different. Not bad, just different. 

Little Rock, AR

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,206
    @Legume. Nice brisket. Please tell me that you are cooking in the hurricane without a Smokeware cap.  ;)
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,302
    Celebrating the first born's birthday.  She turns 11 today.  
    What kind of car did you get her?
    Austin, TX
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,854
    Legume said:
    Lol!  She received a (used) iPod touch for her birthday.  It is a little scary just how excited she is to be able to text with all of her friends. 

She's been tasked with looking up contracts for these and writing one with us before she has permission to use it.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

@DoubleEgger yes to the smokeware cap.  2" here overnight.  XL held 255 all night, brisket sitting at 150 right now.  
    Austin, TX
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,854
    Legume said:

@DoubleEgger yes to the smokeware cap.  2" here overnight.  XL held 255 all night, brisket sitting at 150 right now.  
    I see a nice smoke ring in your future!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• Zeiger88Zeiger88 Posts: 133
    Just got home from THE BBQ STORE in New Haven, Indiana what a great store 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,374
    Legume said:

Piece of junk. Should have just cooked a prime rib. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
    Thanks Matt, but we won't be eating this, it's for emergency boot repair #hurricane
    Austin, TX
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,206
    Legume said:
    Thanks Matt, but we won't be eating this, it's for emergency boot repair #hurricane

Legume said:
    Lol!  She received a (used) iPod touch for her birthday.  It is a little scary just how excited she is to be able to text with all of her friends. 

She's been tasked with looking up contracts for these and writing one with us before she has permission to use it.
    John - great way to learn about what new apps kids are using, set the security so she can't add them herself and she has to ask.  I am constantly amazed at the new apps out there that kids know about but parents haven't even heard of yet.  My kids educate me...now that they're adults and mostly out from under the thumb.
    Austin, TX