Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    @da87, it looks great.  Did you do anything to the floor?  Mine needs improvement,  but I have not decided how much I should do.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Thanks @thetrim!  Now we'll see how long it stays this way!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • da87
    Options
    @buzzvol - the floor has a clear finish/seal from the prior owner but it's rough in the spots that get the most wear and winter salt, etc.  Part of the purpose of the cleanup was to prepare
    to epoxy it in the fall, but my travel schedule just got crazy. May price having someone come in as I don't want to go through another winter without a fresh top coat. I did it at my last house, with far more damage to the existing concrete and it turned out great and was in good shape 2
    years later when we moved. 
    Doug
    Wayne, PA

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    Just out of curiosity @focker , was that tracksuit a gift?
    Nola, you need help...this is getting seriously disturbing.  I think you're obsessed with me, down to the badges I put on my truck. 
    It was not a gift.
    Out of curiosity..........
    How much time did it take you to find those pics, find my sister?  First pic was 2006, took some digging, searching my ex's profile.  Was weirdly ironic, I was with my sis last night as you were searching her profile...she offered to take the boys to the rodeo.  

Will your creepiness wear off at some point?  I know this is a family forum with salt of the earth top notch peeps, but damn.....this is an extremely awkward internet first for me, for what was dubbed by a college professor as "entertaining".  

I thought there were no hard feelings? Lol

I saw them here on some recently deleted threads.  I don't know where they came from, thousands of people on the forum.  

Believe it or not, I actually feel sorry for you, and John. 
    Speaks volumes!  I can't speak for John, but you're the "star wars kid", at least to me on the forum.  Keep it up, buddy!

You can't make this sh!t up!

Insofar as me somehow stalking you, the opposite is true.  Look through the threads.  Everything that hasn't been buffaloed (sadly) is here for anyone to see. You pop up and try to mock or insult me, completely ad hominem and unprovoked.  I generally just run across you just incidentally reading threads in forum.  Look at how often I post on your threads, close to never.  Mostly I ignore you.  The few times I've pushed back you pull your schtick of arrogant internet bully mockery, which you pull all over the forum with all kinds of people you feel need to be sh!t on with the same sanctimonious attitude you reliable post towards brisket or anything other than hot dogs, corn dogs, steaks and the microcosm of bullsh!t stuff you post, you are hyper agressive, passive aggressive.  That's my take on it anyway. 

"hey, I lol'd, so it's just light hearted."  Whatever floats your s'more.

I didn't have anything to do with the family posts, but that didn't stop you from accusing me of culpability in your eyes.  Where ever the fck those pictures came from (myspace, facebook, internet, whatever), it's probably public domain.  I'm not even on facebook or any other social media site because It's just stupid drama, IMO.

Now, follow up with "woah!" or "Oh deer!" or some other canned, predictable response, or not, and get on with your self.  Cause I'm fresh, and always will be, outta fcks to give.

Options
    @nolaegghead, @Focker, @JohnInCarolina et al: I think this is spillover from another, maybe now buffalo''d thread?  I'm far from the thread police with only a year on board, but I think @lousubcap is right. At the risk of abuse, bullying, and unintentionally unifying you all against me..... This is one of my favorite threads to read each day and I'd really hate to see it disappear due to collateral damage to an uninvolved bystander thread....   Maybe start a new one for your current beef? 
    Doug
    Wayne, PA

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,041
    Options
    da87 said:
    @nolaegghead, @Focker, @JohnInCarolina et al: I think this is spillover from another, maybe now buffalo''d thread?  I'm far from the thread police with only a year on board, but I think @lousubcap is right. At the risk of abuse, bullying, and unintentionally unifying you all against me..... This is one of my favorite threads to read each day and I'd really hate to see it disappear due to collateral damage to an uninvolved bystander thread....   Maybe start a new one for your current beef? 
    I said my peace and have not responded to further provocation.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    There has been some selective buffaloing as of late so maybe this thread has a chance of survival. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    da87 said:
    Good point, I agree.  Cooking for a dinner party so nuffin' gonna happen with me until later tonight on any thread. 
    Options
    Just finished making my first meatloaf and mac and cheese. Meatloaf was @ 350 for 1.5 hours and mac and cheese was @ 350 for 45 minutes 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Trialed a new recipe for wings. 
  • da87
    Options
    @DMW - great game to go to as a PA guy (unless there's an amazing Giants come back), and a great park.   Hope you had a great day!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    da87 said:
    I agree but the funny thing is, this is the first time (that I'm aware of) that I have opened this thread. There were 785 pages and thousands of unread posts. I saw it blowing up so I thought maybe I should take a peek. I never thought to check it out daily
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    da87 said:
    I agree but the funny thing is, this is the first time (that I'm aware of) that I have opened this thread. There were 785 pages and thousands of unread posts. I saw it blowing up so I thought maybe I should take a peek. I never thought to check it out daily
    I always wondered why you never responded when people were trashing you in this thread.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Sorry, forgot.   =)=)=)=)
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    da87 said:
    I always wondered why you never responded when people were trashing you in this thread.
    I can't keep track of all of them :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Acn said:

Sausage, Jimmy Red grits from Geechie Boy, and two over easy eggs from the farmers market.
    Nice. Those Jimmy Red grits are awesome. 
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Having wine and enjoying Sunday fun day!!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,482
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker  I use this thread to post weak pics of my bottom-feeder cooks and other pearls of wisdom that don't merit a stand-alone thread.  Yes, I have ventured out and tossed up stand-alone cook threads but those are about as frequent as a solar eclipse.  Have a great week- and there are many ways to go blind-better by hand than a wayward sun sighting on Monday.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @ACN, doing my OG state proud!
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Thank you sir, we're planning on taking the kid down that way next March.  We should have enough grits to last until then, although we will need to contacts Anson Mills and get a bunch more Carolina Gold.  Best rice around.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Enjoying the Sunday with some beer and sh!tty football. Finished with one job yesterday, now waiting for the academy to start in a week and a half. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Acn said:
    Thank you sir, we're planning on taking the kid down that way next March.  We should have enough grits to last until then, although we will need to contacts Anson Mills and get a bunch more Carolina Gold.  Best rice around.
    Anson? Like Anson County, NC?

Those grits are very good too. I like the Guilford Mill brand, but the Geechie Boy grits are great too. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Wife's 90yr old grandmother baked me an apple pie. 

Pretty sure my phone is working.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Mine was working at dinner time...
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,363
    Options
    ....Like warm apple pie......
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Mine was working at dinner time...
    Good to know who your neighbors are.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,041
    Options

That is AWESOME!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Her pro tip for pies is to use a Pyrex pie plate. She pulls it out of the oven and checks the bottom crust. She doesn't care about the top, only the bottom. When the bottom is to her satisfaction, she pulls the pie.