Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Didn't see or hear anything about Algiers Point.  
    @thetrim - no, we're cool.  So busy working on a friends boat I didn't even know there was a problem.  Thought the weather was weird.  Got home, and B said flooding all over.

I texted @buzd504 who's in mid-city (where it was really bad), he said he's on high ground, everything cool.

Must say, I've never seen the French Quarter flood before. This is a first.
    Options
    Nice to see Ron sans knee brace and cane. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,230
    Options
    Chicken sandwiches for lunch. Nothing special but glad to be egging at the new place.  

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Having a Bloody with Ron and Suzy. 
    ....and having the time of my life.
    no shocker there.  B)
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @thetrim - no, we're cool.  So busy working on a friends boat I didn't even know there was a problem.  Thought the weather was weird.  Got home, and B said flooding all over.

I texted @buzd504 who's in mid-city (where it was really bad), he said he's on high ground, everything cool.

Thanks for the update; that's good to hear.  What about @nolabrew?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    no shocker there.  B)
    Archie?  Come on I'm not the only one thinking this.   =)  Just funning you, please don't take offence. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Ribs, sausages, bbq sauce and jalapeno mustard, with a zinfandel.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,505
    Options
    @pgprescott - definitely great looking groceries.  Nice pics as well.  Feeding an army or did my invite get lost again?  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Hanging in the garage watching mets-Dodgers listening to the rain. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @pgprescott - definitely great looking groceries.  Nice pics as well.  Feeding an army or did my invite get lost again?  ;)
    Thanks Frank! The tacos were dinner. Poblanos out of the garden and Asian marinated strip. Wanted short ribs but non in the sticks where I live this weekend. Wife had a hankering for shrimp so we marinated them in some chili lime sauce from Rothschild, I believe. I need to come up with a sauce for the Asian tacos next time. I played golf this AM instead of preparing. Oops! 

I taste tested the ribs, but I'm taking them to a guy at work who's having some real hard times at home. He and his boys will hopefully enjoy them. That will give me much more joy than eating them myself.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Frank?  I thought his name was Cap!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,505
    Options
    Depends on whether @pgprescott is using backchannel info.  He just can't sort out the arena he is playing in.  All good.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Making an omelet for the teen monster. Wouldn't do this for just anyone. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    no shocker there.  B)
    You are funny.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Just ordered a new prop for the boat. And you guys think egging is expensive.. lol. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Just ordered a new prop for the boat. And you guys think egging is expensive.. lol. 
    The prop was bad?  Was it stripped?  Bummer either way.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    The prop was bad?  Was it stripped?  Bummer either way.
    I spun the hub. I'll take it and get it rehubbed as it will be a spare moving forward. I wanted something with better performance. Ken at PropGods is the go to guy and he ran his calculations and came up with something with much less slip (8%). 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

Thanks for the update; that's good to hear.  What about @nolabrew?
    Nolabrew is in Kenner.  Haven't heard from him, but his hood isn't susceptible to flooding, so he should be fine.
    Options
    Sobering up (from visiting @YukonRon)...in Nashville. Having dinner with @Killit_and_Grillit tonight. Lovin life right now.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Priming the drywall in my bathroom for ceiling and the trim going with white paint and the walls will be sage green. We will see what happens. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Called the power company today to switch power to our names for the new house. (We close tomorrow), they refused until "the obstruction to the meter" was cleared. How's that for embarrassing!...oh the joys of buying a short sale. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Trolling my good friend and brother @Jeremiah.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Called the power company today to switch power to our names for the new house. (We close tomorrow), they refused until "the obstruction to the meter" was cleared. How's that for embarrassing!...oh the joys of buying a short sale. 
    What's the obstruction?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Jeremiah said:
    What's the obstruction?
    Bushes. Took me 2 laps around the house to find the meters myself...and 2 hours of trimming said bushes... that don't yet technically belong to me.  :o
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Bite me @bgebrent B)
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,045
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    We tried to buy our house on a short sale. We put in an offer and one of the two different banks that had loans on the house accepted. The other bank wanted to forclose. So they ended up forclosing on it. They put the house back on the market for almost $8,000 less than our first offer. So we waited two extra weeks and bought it the day it hit the market. How any of this makes sense is beyond me. Frustrating and annoying but I guess patience is a virtue when it comes to good things.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,518
    Options
    WeberWho said:  They put the house back on the market for almost $8,000 less than our first offer. So we waited two extra weeks and bought it the day it hit the market. 
    Not a bad return for two weeks of frustration!  :triumph:

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Always trim the bushes,  it makes items stand out better and look larger. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site