Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: March Madness Basketball Bracket Challenge

Options

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    ACC fans know not to choose Maryland.  Their traitorous souls come out to haunt them. 
    Plus Maryland fans are the absolute worst.
    Sad but true- very rare you get see opposing fans treated as poorly as they tend to. And I'm not speaking of a single occurance but games over many years. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Foghorn said:
    ACC fans know not to choose Maryland.  Their traitorous souls come out to haunt them. 
    Sad but true- very rare you get see opposing fans treated as poorly as they tend to. And I'm not speaking of a single occurance but games over many years. 
    I take it you've never been to Philly. No such thing as hyperbole describing the city of brotherly love.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    At least they don't need special sheets to tell them how to cheer.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Well... you have to know how to read first!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    But...But...Under Armor
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Or, don't be a chud going to a sportsball match because there is little else to do for a social life and you think camping in Krizilonski-ville looks cool.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Or, don't be a chud going to a sportsball match because there is little else to do for a social life and you think camping in Krizilonski-ville looks cool.
    They camp out for a team that tends to get past the first round of the tourney.   Tough for MD fans to relate after tonight, I'm sure.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    They camp out for a team that tends to get past the first round of the tourney.   Tough for MD fans to relate after tonight, I'm sure.
    Lehigh and Mercer say hi.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That hurt for about 54 seconds ;)
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    ISU! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Visual aid for those that won't understand the reference:

https://youtu.be/FeI82rqx2QU

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just read how unhappy Coach K is with the Gender Law in North Carolina which is  Forcing the NCAA to move all tournament games away from North Carolina to Greensboro. Seems he wants the easiest bracket, played on their home courts too. Just what size round is typically used by North Carolina coaches when targeting fish in a barrel?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Acn said:
    Foghorn said:

https://youtu.be/FeI82rqx2QU

I don't care anything about basketball but that was like watching the Falcons...
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Oklahoma State let me down.  I had them winning 2 games.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    GO BLUE!!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Well that was fun being in the lead picking 19 out of 20! It was also fun being in the stands to see my team play. Not so fun to see my SMU Mustangs lose and blow up my bracket, I had them going all the way to the final 4.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    ibanda said:
    Well that was fun being in the lead picking 19 out of 20! It was also fun being in the stands to see my team play. Not so fun to see my SMU Mustangs lose and blow up my bracket, I had them going all the way to the final 4.
    At least is was a fun game to watch.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    ibanda said:
    At least you made it- the only good thing about not having the Wolfpack in this year is I didn't have to pick with my heart and put them in the elite 8 :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I picked my hogs to win today then get stomped by NC 2nd round. My heart only can push so hard. 

Little Rock, AR

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just read how unhappy Coach K is with the Gender Law in North Carolina which is  Forcing the NCAA to move all tournament games away from North Carolina to Greensboro. Seems he wants the easiest bracket, played on their home courts too. Just what size round is typically used by North Carolina coaches when targeting fish in a barrel?
    I think they look for can't-miss opportunities, for situations like when you're down one with less than three seconds left in overtime and have to inbound from the opponent's baseline.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I think they look for can't-miss opportunities, for situations like when you're down one with less than three seconds left in overtime and have to inbound from the opponent's baseline.
    Bite me

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dayton looks awesome.
    Wichita looks awesome.
    Dayton looks awesome.
    Wichita looks awesome.
    Etc.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Acn said:
    I don't have an interest in either team, but thanks for the reminder of how much Gary Williams looks like Dennis Hopper going through withdrawal.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Foghorn
    Options
    @ibanda, in case I forget to write something later, thanks for putting this together. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    It's time for Wisconsin to kick it into gear and take this game from Villanova since they are so weak.  I trusted @bgebrent and @YukonRon and picked accordingly.  

Of course, it was easy for me to have some deja vu and have Wisconsin knock of Duke's top contender and get beat up doing it so Duke can take them when the time comes... a la 2015.

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @Foghorn - your thanks for that hose job belongs squarely with Calipari.  He felt obligated (or so he said) to play the Harrisons with Booker and Ulis on the pine.  You can't know how a change would have played out but it couldn't have been any worse than it was.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Love how I went from lone first to sucking. Only lost 2 sweet 16 so far though. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @saluki2007, as long as your eventual champion is still in, you have a shot.

Am I the only one who picked Texas Southern?  =)

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    I never doubted the Badgers.  Strong work.  :)

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    More like the Big Least I guess.