Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Working on my son's car, polishing old headlight lenses.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL3gK1J_dxY

Ideal for beer fans, history buffs, and big beef BBQ lovers.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    gdenby said:
    Watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL3gK1J_dxY

Ideal for beer fans, history buffs, and big beef BBQ lovers.

How do you say that without sounding all...lithpy
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Having an afternoon food coma right now.  Stopped by the new Valentina's location - same trailer while they remodel the building they're going to use.  No pics, but one chicken and one brisket taco did me in.  They had pit braised lamb shank on special, regretting not trying it.  May have to go back tomorrow.  30 min line when we were there, closer to 45 when we left.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    Gonna have to reprogram the address-don't know about anything but brisket but I thought their brisket had the best bark in Austin.  Heavier on the pepper than others.  That said, all the brisket I have inhaled in Austin has been off the chart.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Been watching the 40th anniversary of Roots on the Sundance channel. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    SGH said:
    Whoa...has it been 40 years!? Time Flies.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    HeavyG said:
    SGH said:
    Whoa...has it been 40 years!? Time Flies.
    I thought the same thing brother. When they said 40th it really stunned me. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Piece of Sirloin for me. Rigged it up indirect over a CI pan with spacer while I coked chicken and asparagus direct, now finishing at 650F.

• SGH
    edited February 2017
    Fellows, venison and more importantly, venison anus is on the menu  =)

Status- Standing by.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Just right. All gone now.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Hoping the rain stays away so I can cook dinner outside tonight.  The kid got into a new school for next fall, so she got to pick dinner.  It'll be seared duck breast, with baked sweet potato, and a chopped salad.

I'd just rather splatter the weber's side burner and not the wife's stove.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Pork tenderloin.  Gotta love the 72-degree February weather!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Pork tenderloin.  Gotta love the 72-degree February weather!

That 70 is so last week for us schleps up north. Looks good though
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Pondering where Duke and Kentucky will be ranked next week...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    @bgebrent -  one in the plus up and one in the down column.  All that said, I spend a fair amount of time watching college b'ball this time of year (so I can always lose all the pools I enter).  Monk was "lights out" in the second half and Duke played w/o Allen and a road game-not a big hit.  I will watch the UCLA/Arizona game tonight as my knowledge of the the Pac -12 is weak right now.  Coming up on the second best month of the sports season-just behind baseball and October.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent -  one in the plus up and one in the down column.  All that said, I spend a fair amount of time watching college b'ball this time of year (so I can always lose all the pools I enter).  Monk was "lights out" in the second half and Duke played w/o Allen and a road game-not a big hit.  I will watch the UCLA/Arizona game tonight as my knowledge of the the Pac -12 is weak right now.  Coming up on the second best month of the sports season-just behind baseball and October.  

Cap, it's round ball by far for me.  I'll watch in October but that's just not as exciting for me.  Monk was amazing in the second.  We also were without Fox.  UCLA-Arizona should be good.  Enjoy your evening brother!  Go Cats.
  • lousubcap
    Always remember- in baseball everyone gets 27 outs (at a minimum) -no third party clock to mess with the game  =)
  • Acn

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• First time using Woo extender!!  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Another round of salted caramel pots de cremes for guests tomorrow.  Trying a slightly different recipe:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Botch said:
    LDR said:
    Considering how to best do French bread pizza on the egg
    Make a thread on it, that sounds interesting.  

It appears Griffin beat me to it
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1147905/french-bread-pizza

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1148115/griffin-inspired-french-bread-pizzas

• bgebrent
    DMW said:
    Forgot to post the follow on burgers and fries. First time spiral cutting the fries. Tried double fried and just frying until they were finished. On the thin cut spiral fries I didn't notice a difference.

Made for decent lunch before the storm rolled in.
    Edible!  Where's the cooked fries Dwayne?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @bgebrent - Missed uploading that one, here you go.

And the centers from spiral cutting. These I did double fry as they were thicker. Creamy inside. This pic is after the first fry, before the second. I didn't get a pic of the after when they were nice and crispy brown on the outside, creamy texture inside.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    DMW said:
    @bgebrent - Missed uploading that one, here you go.

And the centers from spiral cutting. These I did double fry as they were thicker. Creamy inside. This pic is after the first fry, before the second. I didn't get a pic of the after when they were nice and crispy brown on the outside, creamy texture inside.

I feel so much better, thank you B)
  • bgebrent
    lousubcap said:

Game on Cap!  This stuff is better than any sport.