Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How we move forward and make America Great Again!

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
I get all of the butt hurt.  8 years ago I, as a Republican I cheered on our democratic, first black president.  Not happy with the results but sure as hell supported him.  The table has turned and times have changed.  If you don't give Trump a chance, you're just a miscreant.  A great day for America!
Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    "You have to support this guy" was dumb eight years ago and it's dumb now.  Nobody should support policies they think will harm the country. The patriotic thing to do is to disagree with policies you find abhorrent.

HOLY MOTHER OF SH*T..... I have agreed with JohnInCarolina.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    "You have to support this guy" was dumb eight years ago and it's dumb now.  Nobody should support policies they think will harm the country. The patriotic thing to do is to disagree with policies you find abhorrent.

He really isn't all that unreasonable.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    The policies you find abhorrent, are specific to you.  You are not the US.  Dumb 8 years ago as history will attest was electing President Obama.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:

He really isn't all that unreasonable.
    His maintaince of his MM is entirely unreasonable!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    The policies you find abhorrent, are specific to you.  You are not the US.  Dumb 8 years ago as history will attest was electing President Obama.
    Shouldn't we wait to give history a chance?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Shouldn't we wait to give history a chance?
    Of course.  And you know I'm no zealot.  I have concerns, but not as many as you my friend.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options

"The patriotic thing to do is to disagree with, and actively oppose, policies you find abhorrent."

FTFY
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bgebrent
    Options
    HeavyG said:

"The patriotic thing to do is to disagree with, and actively oppose, policies you find abhorrent."

FTFY
    Which is exactly what got Trump elected.  Good call.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    HeavyG said:

FTFY
    So you're saying we shouldn't actually give him a chance to pursue policies we believe will hurt the country, but instead work to get someone else elected next time?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    HeavyG said:

FTFY
    And he ran against Hillary which polarized the Democratic party, and moderates.....
    Don't forget "The lesser of two evils, is still evil."
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I cheered on our democratic, first black president.  

Im disappointed to hear this brother Brent. You had to know that it was a disaster in the making.

Not happy with the results

My brother, it could not have ended any other way.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    HeavyG said:

FTFY
    So you're saying we shouldn't actually give him a chance to pursue policies we believe will hurt the country, but instead work to get someone else elected next time?
    Don't belittle and simplify.  Yes, you need a new candidate.  And in four years it will be the incumbent.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    I hope Hillary runs again.  Pretty sure she is the only person who Trump could have beaten.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I hope Hillary runs again.  Pretty sure she is the only person who Trump could have beaten.
    If you really do hope she runs again, there is something seriously wrong with you.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Trump beat all of them.  Hilliary was a Democratic Party patsy.  Hilliary only needs to size a blue dress.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    If you really do hope she runs again, there is something seriously wrong with you.
    After 4 years of Trump we will see what the country needs and go from there.  Maybe he will be great and we will get 4 more golden years.  Nobody knows.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

Two sides of the same coin. We all saw (H)uge  flaws in the last three Presidents. 

I voted Libertarian this round...because I knew I wasn't in a swing state.  We need more than 2 options.  I supported a Republican President and ironically went to war in Afghanistan under a democratic President who promised I wouldn't be there. The world is way too complicated to be one side or the other now. The only way Americans win is by mitigating the forces that keep shoveling BS down our throats (govt and media) and accept that we don't have to demonize one way of thinking to validate our own. 

Having said that, I am looking forward to the potential of having someone in office who has not been in politics. I digress. 'Merica

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    New inaugural thread here 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I think if we have a Chili cook off and drink bourbon everything will be alright!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    After 4 years of Trump we will see what the country needs and go from there.  Maybe he will be great and we will get 4 more golden years.  Nobody knows.
    You think Trumplethinskin will actually last 4 years? 

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bgebrent
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    You think Trumplethinskin will actually last 4 years? 

No, that would be the thinking of a simpleton.  8 years is much more likely.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I think we should hope for better candidates from both parties, no matter what.  
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Of course!  But in the mean time, Making America Great Again!  Give him a chance,
  • bgebrent
    Options
    God Bless America!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    God Bless America!
    He will. We finally put a good, God fearing man in office. God does not bless those who turn their backs on him. Hence the miserable last 8 years. 
    I really liked that President Trump mentioned God several times. I don't know who wrote his speech, but there where a couple of Masonic catchphrases in it. I liked that as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Of course!  But in the mean time, Making America Great Again!  Give him a chance,
    FFS Brent, I'm not going to give bad policies a chance, and I'm definitely not going to put a cape on for a serial assaulter of women.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    As compared to Slick Willie and his cigar?