Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday.....yaaaawnnnnn

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,102
    Options
    Tuesday is the new Friday.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    When the US was kinda shell-shocked after the Nixon daze, it brought forth the rise of a silly, inconsequential comedian, Steve Martin, because some escape silliness was what Americans wanted at that time.  
    Predictions for the new American comfort?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    @SGH , you behaving yourself?  Clothes still on I hope. ;)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Botch said:
    When the US was kinda shell-shocked after the Nixon daze, it brought forth the rise of a silly, inconsequential comedian, Steve Martin, because some escape silliness was what Americans wanted at that time.  
    Predictions for the new American comfort?  
    Bourbon
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    So boring.  Someone needs to start playing post flag.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Cowboy lump is the best lump, the very best.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    Options
    DMW said:
    You had to do it...

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    DMW said:
    Its cheap too, if you are willing to steal it.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    DMW is clueless. CHARBROIL BIRCH LUMP is the finest there ever was, comrade.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    DMW said:
    Its cheap too, if you are willing to steal it.
    Who would steal that....... they can't give it away
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Trump uses cowboy, makes him feel like a man. Putin uses charbroil.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    DMW said:
    No sir, Matchlight is the best charcoal ever. ;)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    DMW said:
    Yes, you are correct there for sure. I was only speaking of lump.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    DMW said:
    Clearly you've nevered used Kroger briquettes 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    DMW said:
    I only use the fines from cowboy.  I take all the sticks and stems out.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    DMW said:
    I only use the fines from cowboy.  I take all the sticks and stems out.
    I knew you were a seed popper.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Yes sir. I just got home from the Scottish Rites. But with that said, I'm fixing to dive off in the Jack Daniels. You know all to well what that means ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Yes sir. I just got home from the Scottish Rites. But with that said, I'm fixing to dive off in the Jack Daniels. You know all to well what that means ;)
    For those about to dive, we salute you!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Flavor-Wayne-Briquette-Charcoal/dp/B00CXPMBI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481947844&sr=8-1&keywords=john+wayne+charcoal
    This is the only lump a real man uses. Ozark Oak, Rockwood, Charbroil Center Cut Lump, and all the rest are for wusses.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    what a snoozer.  Let's liven things up.  This is food related at any rate.

Trump Dishes Out Vanity Fair Tweet Tirade After Blistering Restaurant Review

The reviewer had wondered: If Trump can’t come up with a decent steak, how great can he make America?

12/15/2016 09:01 pm ET

Mary Papenfuss Trends reporter, The Huffington Post

President-elect Donald Trump has a lot on his plate right now, but he managed to carve out critical time to launch a food fight with Vanity Fair after the magazine published a scathing review of his Trump Tower restaurant.

“Trump Grill Could Be the Worst Restaurant in America” was the headline of the Wednesday piece, and it went downhill from there. The reviewer, political reporter Tina Nguyen, said the dumplings were filled with “flaccid gray innards” and the steak was “overcooked and mealy,” slumped against the potatoes like “a dead body inside a T-boned minivan.”

Trump’s “pledge to ‘make America great again’ suddenly appeared not very promising,” quipped Nguyen. Ouch.

But seriously, the food was “so bad” that Nguyen had to curl up in bed when she returned home “until the nausea passed,” she wrote.

The “allure of Trump’s restaurant, like the candidate, is that it seems like a cheap version of rich,” noted Nguyen. 

Trump lambasted the magazine Thursday, calling publisher Graydon Carter “no talent,” and insisting Vanity Fair circulation numbers were “way down, big trouble, dead!”

The throw-down was only the latest in a long-running feud between Trump and Carter, who famously slammed Trump in the 1980s as a “short-fingered vulgarian” in Spy magazine (he had earlier noted Trump’s “remarkably small hands” in an article in GQ).

Trump has tweeted over the years that Carter is “dopey,” a “sissy” and a “real loser,” one of the president-elect’s favorite insults.

Carter has tended to take the slams in stride, and he hasn’t yet issued a rejoinder to the latest Trump tweet. Carter talked about Trump’s “vulgarity” again last month in the magazine in a piece called “The Ugly American.” He recounted how Swedish model Vendela Kirsebom came to him “practically in tears” begging to be moved from her seat next to Trump at a 1993 Vanity Fair dinner because of Trump’s relentless ranking of women at the event and discussion of their legs and breasts. The publisher recalled that Kirsebom told him Trump is “the most vulgar man I have ever met.”

Vanity Fair currently seems to be taking advantage of the feud, touting on its website that it’s the “magazine Trump doesn’t want you to read,” adding: “Subscribe now!” 

The Vanity Fair review is the latest example of criticism that has distracted the thin-skinned president-elect, who is apparently more concerned about personal insults than a spike in hate crimes in the wake of the election. He has repeatedly taken out time from a busy schedule to blast “Saturday Night Live” parodies of himself, and insisted the cast of “Hamilton” apologize for addressing Vice President-elect Mike Pence from the stage. Although Trump knocked Hamilton, CNN Situation Room host Wolf Blitzer pointed out on air last month, he “doesn’t seem to go out of the way to express his outrage over people hailing him with Nazi salutes.”

Options
    YukonRon said:
    https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Flavor-Wayne-Briquette-Charcoal/dp/B00CXPMBI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481947844&sr=8-1&keywords=john+wayne+charcoal
    This is the only lump a real man uses. Ozark Oak, Rockwood, Charbroil Center Cut Lump, and all the rest are for wusses.
    His name was Marion, and he got beat up a lot on the play grounds at school.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    YukonRon said:

You're messing up my mellow, man!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    At least @nolaegghead has offered up some fiber with the turd in the punch bowl.  But with the latest climate change chill factor hammering a good part of the country I don't think there will be much traction.  Who knows...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I see you guys are Mixon it up tonight.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

You're messing up my mellow, man!!
    He was and is my favorite dude on the silver screen.
    In Harms Way, is one of my faves, ever.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    Your dog showed up at my house again. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.