Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ALERT!! ALERT!!! 3RD ANNUAL NEW ORLEANS BRISKET CAMP OCT 22ND 2016!!!

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    There was a Po Boy festival in town today.  I know I should've stayed longer.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    I had to do the brakes on my F-250 when I got home. I hate how the Ford wheels always seem to fuse to the rotors, had to hit the inside of the tires with a sledge to get it to break free. The pad in my hand is from the outside of the rotor and had absolutely no pad left, pretty much just the backer plate. The inside pad was about half thickness so I'm hoping the caliper isn't frozen. 

Needless to say I had neglected the brakes and was way overdue:

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'd like to thank everyone who came, and some that didn't, that contributed .  We had a blast.  Took tomorrow off to recuperate.  I'll try to post some pictures at some point, although I don't have many, busy busy busy.

We're gonna do it next year.  This is usually the time I don't want to do it next year because all the work cleaning up SUCKS.  Fortunately @DMW and Zack helped and @FleurdeLirious did more than a normal mortal could with everything.

You both do. @DMW comes in handy to make sure you don't burn all that sh!t down. 

What say the BC lawyers? Everyone out on bail? Looks like you guys pulled off another epic brisky camp. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
  • CTMike
    Found this picture floating around the interwebs... It could have been posted here, but not sure.  

Now that right there is funny. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    hapster said:
    Home... looking forward to long nap
    Did you drive straight thru?  If so, you are the Ultimate Road Warrior.  Tale it from me, it's a nice nap!  Enjoy!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    thetrim said:
    hapster said:
    Did you drive straight thru?  If so, you are the Ultimate Road Warrior.  Tale it from me, it's a nice nap!  Enjoy!
    I stopped for about an hour nap and a few mins when getting gas... just happy to be home after a great weekend 
  • CTMike
    edited October 2016
    hapster said:
    thetrim said:
    hapster said:
    I stopped for about an hour nap and a few mins when getting gas... just happy to be home after a great weekend 
    2400 miles round trip to attend brisket camp is some serious dedication - the rest of y'all have no excuse to not make it next year. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Looks like it was a fantastic weekend. Thanks for documenting it so well for those of us that are forced to live vicariously through internet message boards!  
    Mamaroneck
  • Found this picture floating around the interwebs... It could have been posted here, but not sure.  

The troll shirt makes another fine appearance at brisket camp. Well done sir. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    CTMike said:
    I had to do the brakes on my F-250 when I got home. I hate how the Ford wheels always seem to fuse to the rotors, had to hit the inside of the tires with a sledge to get it to break free. 
    High temp anti-seize (between the hub and the rotor, and between the rotor and the wheel) is your friend.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    A shout out to the big, bad @BUFFALOMOOSE. Going to give them a try this afternoon. 

Thanks again my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    unreal . . organization & generosity needed to pull this off is impressive.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • CTMike
    20stone said:
    CTMike said:
    I had to do the brakes on my F-250 when I got home. I hate how the Ford wheels always seem to fuse to the rotors, had to hit the inside of the tires with a sledge to get it to break free. 
    High temp anti-seize (between the hub and the rotor, and between the rotor and the wheel) is your friend.
    Agreed, I slathered a bunch of it on last night when I reassembled everything. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SGH
    edited October 2016
    The worst part about Brisket Camp. 

The clean up.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @SGH - Figured that rig must have a drain valve on it...But the volume you pumped thru obviously exceeded capacity.  Or did the quantity of adult supervisory beverages contribute to a closed valve scenario??  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    @lousubcap
    Brother Cap, it does have a drain valve. That's what I'm doing right now. But there is some scrapping involved. Due to the volume, I didn't want to drain it at Brisket Camp. However I did open the valve coming through New Orleans and let the worst of it out. This is what won't drain. Pain in the arse my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• @SGH you are very welcome.  For the rest of the guys who attended and didn't get some @nolaegghead said he would mail them out. Enjoy. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    edited October 2016
    CTMike said:
    Found this picture floating around the interwebs... It could have been posted here, but not sure.  

Now that right there is funny. 
    Trump's last minute Campaign Prop?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    SGH said:
    A shout out to the big, bad @BUFFALOMOOSE. Going to give them a try this afternoon. 

Thanks again my friend. 
    As a long time fan of Witchy Red I found my favorite use is on pork and on chicken. First time you use it the beet powder turns your chicken an interesting red!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    SGH said:

Thanks again my friend. 
    As a long time fan of Witchy Red I found my favorite use is on pork and on chicken. First time you use it the beet powder turns your chicken an interesting red!
    A gave it a go on some chuck eyes. Pretty darn good I thought. 

Status- Standing by.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I am a big fan of the Commanders Palace. I have their cookbook and reference it quite often.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Commander's palace - waaay too much class for me.  I would still be trying to figure out how to tie a tie to get in   ;)
    But great looking groceries for sure.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @hapster and @jimmyhat1978 getting the keg cooler over to the venue. I have no idea who was driving.
    https://youtu.be/wI105XC-HJQ
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I was driving.  That was 6 x 5gal kegs. 
    That was much lighter on the way back. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95