Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just fixed house AC.  Woke up Sat morning - about 81F in the house.  AC blowing warm air.  Climbed on the roof (where I installed the condenser 10 years ago) with a screwdriver and Fluke VOM.  Diagnosed bad contactor (what HVAC guys call relays). 

Unfortunately, not something that is carried at Home Despot or Lowes so I had to wait until today to buy the part, which took 10 minutes to install.

After two days of sweating and drinking more water than I have in a long time, house is nice and cool.

(actually put a portable ac in bedroom but it was still about 80F - house 88F)
    Options
    Just fixed house AC.  Woke up Sat morning - about 81F in the house.  AC blowing warm air.  Climbed on the roof (where I installed the condenser 10 years ago) with a screwdriver and Fluke VOM.  Diagnosed bad contactor (what HVAC guys call relays). 

Unfortunately, not something that is carried at Home Despot or Lowes so I had to wait until today to buy the part, which took 10 minutes to install.

After two days of sweating and drinking more water than I have in a long time, house is nice and cool.

(actually put a portable ac in bedroom but it was still about 80F - house 88F).

.in New Orleans?, I know that was brutal. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I slept in my shop the first night.  72F.  Air mattress and morning light from the sky windows was brutal. 
    Options
    I slept in my shop the first night.  72F.  Air mattress and morning light from the sky windows was brutal. 
    You got an air mattress for the cot?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @DMW - it's a cot with an air mattress built in. 
    Options
    Hmm....I don't seem to recall this one having an air mattress...

cot.jpg 193.1K
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @DMW - well, that's because that's a hammock.
    Options
    My thermostat just sent me a notification that I'm no longer miserable, and I became miserable Sat morning at 6:43 AM…

The following Alert has occurred:
    The indoor temperature of thermostat THERMOSTAT is at 80 which is no longer higher than the set alert level of 80.  

Alert occurred at: 9/10/2016 6:43:19 AM

Location Name: Belleville
    Thermostat Name: THERMOSTAT

Options
    Last summer the HVAC was replaced in my office building, and sure enough just a couple weeks in they did a Geiger reading and the top floor was radioactive, and refurb was halted.  Turns out that floor was used to repaint aircraft dials with glow-in-the-dark paint during WWII, and a spill was enough to shut 'er down.  
    Of course the site was finally cleared, and construction finished, the exact week they turned on the heat for the winter.  Was a miserable summer, but at least we didn't have 'nawlins humidity.  

And I shudder to think where my glowing wristwatch was for so long, 'specially while I was single.  Good thing I never had kids.   :s   =)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Just had a bit of a scare. My wife went to pick Big Guy up from ball practice. About 10 minutes later than they should have been home, I tried calling, got no answer. 5 minutes later, tried again, no answer. 5 minutes later was getting ready to head out and follow their route, called again, and she answered, they just pulled in the drive. Poor cell coverage on the route and her chatting it up with other moms after practice had me imagining the worst. Gave them big hugs, I'm still a bit weirded out.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @DMW you're a good dude.  ;)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    With the Hilary thread going the way it is, what's this place like during debates and election night? Fun I bet :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    With the Hilary thread going the way it is, what's this place like during debates and election night? Fun I bet :-

I am looking forward to the debates.  Growing a little weary of the politics here though.

I'm going to catch up on some mindless tv instead.

Phoenix 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Gotta love the ATL. I should be at work around 9.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Lit said:
    Man, I don't envy you at all bud.  Bad enough working 12s, which often turn into 13, but to add 1 hr give or take each way.  No f'n way.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @focker it's an hour and a half each way and sometimes 2. Really sucks but the office is moving next month to less than half the distance and right by a restaurant depot.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Lit said:
    This is what's keeping me from moving to the lake. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
     I just want to say welcome back to California, Rams.  bwahahaha
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Came home to a water main leak. Plumber will be here shortly. Stretching now so I can grab my ankles afterwhile...
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Came home to a water main leak. Plumber will be here shortly. Stretching now so I can grab my ankles afterwhile...
    Where is the break.. Shite that sucks.. Yep you gonna need some "Preparation H" when thats all said and done.. Good luck Michael.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    A reverse butt-crack?
    Options
    August 2016 - hottest month since they started keeping records in the 1880s:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2016/0913/August-2016-officially-tagged-as-hottest-month-ever

Options
    Where is the break.. Shite that sucks.. Yep you gonna need some "Preparation H" when thats all said and done.. Good luck Michael.
    It's leaking through the basement wall where the main comes in. I might have to start burning Royal Oak after this one...
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    This forum is so educational... Learn something new every day.. Thanks..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Gotta respect a culture that doesn't let anything on an animal they kill go to waste.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    Was at a client site this morning and saw this bad boy sitting out back.  Looks like an XXL 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Was at a client site this morning and saw this bad boy sitting out back.  Looks like an XXL 
    Must be getting ready to clean out the ash or add lump. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    looks like water broke, check inside for a minimax.