Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Legume said:
    Has the baby been born already?  Or is this a mid-pregnancy thing with party games, like pin the genitals on the ultrasound?
    Mid pregnancy. No games or anything just eating and hanging. Neither of them know the sex either we all find out at the same time. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Fixing bike listening to rock n roll
    Options
    Meatloaves are ready.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    New cutting board my dad made me. Edge grain maple. Will go nicely with my end grain maple. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Watching a show about Shock Trauma on TLC. I love seeing all my friends kicking ass in the greatest hospital in the world. Plus, those Bawlmer accents!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ms. Kelley's chili with SRF Gold brisket. This is gonna be good. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Grinding beef for tonight's meatloaf and the freezer. 66/33 chuck tenderloin scrap 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Drove 400 miles to Chicago to buy a used car. Now the guy isn't picking up his phone. If I find out who he is I'm going to karate kick his face off!!! Just a little pissed. At least we can enjoy Chicago. At the Billy Goat tavern for lunch and will be grabbing some pizza this evening. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Roughly 8# of ground beef. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I am rejoicing.
    Options
    Chili Fritos Appetizer. Holy Moly. 

image.jpeg 1012.6K
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Leak checking a Yeti low-ball with Double Oaked bourbon.  So far, so good.  Only running one extended duration test otherwise I will get into LEO (Low Earth Orbit) much too early.  Doesn't mean no more adult beverages, just leaving the brown water ride after this round.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just checked some filet mignon i thawed after 3 yrs in the deep freeze (given to me by a friend) .... tossed them  They smelled bad and literally fell apart when I picked them up to inspect them.  I suspect they experienced a number of defrost cycles.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just got back home from Barcelona.  Enjoying some daddy-daughter time with the little ones.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - Barcelona, a great city.  Have a son studying there now-self-created boondoggle for a master's program at the University of Barcelona.  I visited 4 years ago when he spent an undergrad semester there and he promised he would go back.  And dang if he didn't pull it off.  Will likely be back late Spring.  
    Enjoy the family reunion.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    9F outside. 76F inside.  Time for some ice cream. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Experimenting with the PC. Trying to see how it does at making a base for a gumbo that I'm doing tomorrow.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Watching Forged in Fire.

Some of these guys know their stuff, most seem to be hacks who make pretty stuff, but cannot actually make a functional blade.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Took my wife out to lunch today and then went and walked the KOP mall. Man that place was a zoo, probably because it was so cold outside everyone decided to go to the mall.
    The Williams-Sonoma had the Shun Classic 8" marked $99.95. Decided I wanted it. It rang up as the normal $140, but they honored the price marked.

Got home and had to try it, so sliced up a roma

Man this is a nice knife for the price.
    Went over to friends place for dinner, just got home and catching up on what you miscreants have been up to.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Listening to the Republican Debate Rodeo-every debate raises the "ICFBI" bar.
    And since I doubt ICFBI made the acronym thread, here's the translation;
    I Can't F'ing Believe It.  The reviews will be interesting for sure. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Listening to the Republican Debate Rodeo-every debate raises the "ICFBI" bar.
    And since I doubt ICFBI made the acronym thread, here's the translation;
    I Can't F'ing Believe It.  The reviews will be interesting for sure. 
    Just when you think it can't sink any lower...
    Instead of having a bell to signify the end of someone's "debate time", I with the moderators simply had a "Mute" button.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
     just got home and catching up on what you miscreants have been up to.
    There's a mighty long word in there. If I knew what it meant I would probably be offended ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Just finished up a Malnati deep dish Chicago classic pizza at Lou Malnati's. The cheese was absolutely killer and the crust was nice and buttery. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Options
    DMW said:
    Took my wife out to lunch today and then went and walked the KOP mall. Man that place was a zoo, probably because it was so cold outside everyone decided to go to the mall.
    The Williams-Sonoma had the Shun Classic 8" marked $99.95. Decided I wanted it. It rang up as the normal $140, but they honored the price marked.

Got home and had to try it, so sliced up a roma

Man this is a nice knife for the price.
    Went over to friends place for dinner, just got home and catching up on what you miscreants have been up to.
    The shuns come really sharp. For the money not sure it can be best for look and performance. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Just arrived home from watching Deadpool. Time for some chimichangas.
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW
    Nice score on the knife.  

Status- Standing by.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Got the wife to say "you were right".  Winning 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @eggcelsior how was it?  i may have to sneak out and catch that one
    @dmw i bet you could cook that tongue along with the oxtail and it'd be great
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Lit
    Options
    Made 2 thin patties from the leftover meatloaf I had from earlier today. Toasted the middle piece of bread and then added mayo, ketchup, and blues hog original, cooked both partties and melted American cheese on them them toasted the outside pieces of bread. Ready for the rest of the night now.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Spending my valentines morning apparently dealing with an exorcism... Head hasn't spun around yet ... However I just levitated while painting the bathroom....

and inget get to wake up in 2 hrs to go deal with a bunch of grumpy single women at work... And as appealing as the single women says....

there are only 2 out of 20 worth looking at....and they are the ones happily single