Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My trailer smoker has started being built!

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 25,172
    edited February 2016
    Grim do you have a fork lift at your dealership? I'm picking up 2 tons of white oak Saturday. You can have a few pallets if you have a way to unload it and store it. Its off my property outside of Mobil so it's free. It needs to age about 6-8 more weeks before it's ready to burn. Let me know if you want a load. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,911
    SGH said:
    Grim do you have a fork lift at your dealership? I'm picking up 2 tons of white oak Saturday. You can have a few pallets if you have a way to unload it and store it. Its off my property outside of Mobil so it's free. It needs to age about 6-8 more weeks before it's ready to burn. Let me know if you want a load. 
    Man, I'd LOVE a load, but I don't have any fork lift. We don't deal in much crated goods.
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, 2 UDS, Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, BlueStar 60" Range, Bluestar Salamander
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 28,183
    Just borrow Party Monster to move it with elbow grease.  He LOVES picking up heavy stuff.

• calikingcaliking Posts: 11,768
    Those ribs look phenomenal!

Great pics of the event too. Say hi to the Bread Yogi for me. He inspired me to get some bread baking done. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,960
    @SGH and @Thatgrimguy - you guys are running in mighty fine circles if you have Anne Hathaway lookalikes  in the crowd.  Looks like a great time was had by all.  Congrats.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,518
    SGH said:
    Man, I'd LOVE a load, but I don't have any fork lift. We don't deal in much crated goods.
    You've got manpower and a truck don't you? It wouldn't take 15 minutes to offload a couple pallets. 
    I'm glad you said it and not me.  

SGH said:
    Grim we was so busy that I didn't take a single pic myself. Did anyone get any pics of all the pork once we got it all pulled? That would be great to see. 
    I haven't seen any. But my forearms are sore after pulling all that pork and chicken!
    you know you are pulling it right when it hurts your arms.
    In the future maybe I should pay someone to pull it for me?
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, 2 UDS, Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, BlueStar 60" Range, Bluestar Salamander
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,967
    If you are pulling that much maybe one of those drill be dohickamajiggies would be good. http://www.firecraft.com/product/ro-man-pork-puller/low-dollar-accessoies?s=FCWEB___GSHP&gclid=CJyl5ZvU8MoCFc8lgQodDVsG4w

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• volfan1volfan1 Posts: 136
    SGH said:
    Grim we was so busy that I didn't take a single pic myself. Did anyone get any pics of all the pork once we got it all pulled? That would be great to see. 
    I haven't seen any. But my forearms are sore after pulling all that pork and chicken!
    you know you are pulling it right when it hurts your arms.
    In the future maybe I should pay someone to pull it for me?
    I believe that is illegal in most states.  B)
    XL & Mini. Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
    If you are pulling that much maybe one of those drill be dohickamajiggies would be good. http://www.firecraft.com/product/ro-man-pork-puller/low-dollar-accessoies?s=FCWEB___GSHP&gclid=CJyl5ZvU8MoCFc8lgQodDVsG4w
    If I keep booking big cooks. I'm going to get this.. That really looks great in the video.
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,390
    If I keep booking big cooks. I'm going to get this.. That really looks great in the video.
    @Thatgrimguy ;I have one, it works great. I'll bring it to Butt Blast.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,518
    A buddy of mine cut off half of a mud mixer from Home Depot. He's got $12 in it and doesn't have to bend over. 

• Not having to bend over is always a plus. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,967
    Not having to bend over is always a plus. 
    Especially when there is a mud mixer involved. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

ooofff!

edited February 2016
    I got the plumbing done!! Managed to fit the pump inside the sink box, along with the 12v switch panel!!  Lighting is about 1/4 done.

I split my logs in half, and got more pecan delivered! I had to split a lot of pecan into half lengths to make them more smoker friendly! With the insulated firebox, I needed smaller splits!

Now I'm working on electrical!

Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    Awesome Scott, you're my hero.  That trailer is like a small city.

Awesome Scott, you're my hero.  That trailer is like a small city.
    All the "little" things are what really add up. Both in total coolness. and total cost!
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
  • That looks really cool, Scott
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • jarcjarc Posts: 241
    Very nice.

LBGE

Misplaced Cajun-----Blytheville, AR

Lights are going great... I have the sink working, but not the hot water. I can't seem to get the tankless heater to fire.
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,383
    @Thatgrimguy ;
    What is the ignition source for the water heater?  Is it tied to your 12v system?  I had one that took several D size batteries.  
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
    kl8ton said:
    @Thatgrimguy ;
    What is the ignition source for the water heater?  Is it tied to your 12v system?  I had one that took several D size batteries.  
    I bet they never got put in. I was just watching an install video and now I know where they are supposed to go.
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
  • Very impressive
    Yep, you can clean burn these too!  I've been cooking all week for a big sale and the grease build up was BAD!! 

Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,843
    That's impressive.  How did that affect customer flow onto your lot?  Or did you do it while you were closed?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

edited March 2016
    Cooked everything in this fridge plus more over the last 6 days. Starting last Wednesday I've smoked for 30 people a day in my Shirley every day! I didn't take pictures most days because I was at work and didn't have time. We had a HUGE sale! The Shirley helped me sell a few extra cars I'm sure!  Here are a few pics I did think to take!

Menu:
    Wednesday - 4 butts, 2 fatties, and some sausage.
    Thursday    - 21 chicken leg quarters, 12 racks baby backs, Stuffed Mushrooms
    Friday         - 48 Hot Dogs, 4lbs of your sausage loaf, 20lbs of conecah and ABTs
    Saturday     - 2 CAB Prime Briskets, 3 sausage fatties
    Sunday        - 100 wings, smoked Mac and cheese

Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart