Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My trailer smoker has started being built!

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Wow.. Good luck..I will be following.. Have a great day..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ditto. 

You're off to a good start. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I'm having fun!  It's taking some time to come back up to temp. Lots of cold meat on a cold night. Going to start really feeding her soon. I'm cruising around 250. Need to be over 300.

Edit: just checked her, I'm over the hump and cruising around of 275-285
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    You'll probably be able to use pretty good sized chunks of wood on that beast at that temp - as compared to the small splits I try to use on my home offset - especially if I'm shooting for 250 or so. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    This is so much fun to watch!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    With that capacity I figure you can toss a brisket in there with every low&slow cook (regardless of the main protein) just to have something to munch on.  What a set-up.  Enjoy and have fun sounds like an understatement.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker I found the Brisket!!

16 butts rubbed and ready. Going on around 3am at 300 degrees.

4 racks of beef ribs, 2 racks of duroc ribs, 3 racks of st Louis ribs . And a prime brisket going down for the parade as well. And 80lbs of boneless chicken.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow!
    this is much better. Carry on.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Can someone tell me where all this food is going, I am sure it was mentioned earlier, but I am lazy to go and look.. Thanks..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Man that is a thing of beauty.  The trailer alone is a thing of beauty, but seeing 16 butts loaded up with plenty of room to spare brings a tear to my eye.

@johnmitchell: Grim mentioned that he is cooking for a charity event today (Fat Tuesday).   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    Where's the food?  I'm dying for a look!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    Thank you!!!  Looks amazing!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @ThatgrimguyDang-a friggin grand slam home-run.  Congrats on nailing it right out of the gate.  I am quite sure your target audience will be overwhelmed by the flavor and texture of your opening major cook on the new rig.  Enjoy many more.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It went great. I really appreciate the help from @SGH you are awesome brother. Thank you.  

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Nice work. Extra special going towards something that betters this world 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Congrats @Thatgrimguy for a great community service.  I recall schedule-wise you were pushing the envelope with the Shirley delivery and this event.  Even with the unplanned devastating event you (and Shirley) made it happen.  Well-done and best wishes for the cooks ahead and the circuit this season.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It went great. I really appreciate the help from @SGH you are awesome brother. Thank you.  

The pleasure was mine. Thanks for having me over brother Grim. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Glad to see that things got sorted out.

I hope you'll post a thread in a couple of months once you've had a chance to get some more time with your new baby with some thoughts on your rig and how everything is working out and if there are things you would do differently design and layout wise.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I hope you'll post a thread in a couple of months once you've had a chance to get some more time with your new baby with some thoughts on your rig and how everything is working out and if there are things you would do differently design and layout wise.
    It may take like a year for me to get over the honeymoon period. Then I may be able to better criticize. Right now it feels so perfect!
  • jarc
    jarc Posts: 241
    Options
    Great looking cook, job well done. All look very tasty but I must say the ribs made me take a second (and third) LOOK!!!!:)

LBGE

Misplaced Cajun-----Blytheville, AR

• Thatgrimguy
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It went pretty darn good for a first cook. What you say @SGH ?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    HeavyG said:

It may take like a year for me to get over the honeymoon period. Then I may be able to better criticize. Right now it feels so perfect!
    Good to hear. Hope the honeymoon continues for many moons.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It went pretty darn good for a first cook. What you say @SGH ?
    I thought it turned out spectacular considering the volume of food, short cook window, and the maiden voyage on the big rig. The brisket was money, the beef ribs were money, the pork ribs were money, the chicken was money, the pulled pork was money.  And did I mention that brisket was a big pile of money? The big rig ran smooth and was very easy to adjust on the fly. I was very impressed with it to say the least. It responded in minutes to every stick added. When you can lock a rig that size at 375 degrees and it doesn't blink, that speaks volumes to its quality. It was like driving a Cadillac my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Roadpuke0
    Options
    Must be assume living the dream. I'm defiantly jelly. I can imagine the memories your going to make with that fine smoker.  
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    For the first time out with it fully loaded, looks like you had great results. Again, congrats and enjoy getting to know it's nuances.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Looks like a great time!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I see you brought out the big guns. Smart move. Great looking cook and that rig is SWEET. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX