Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Inject Brisket: Yes or No?

Options
2»

Comments

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    MaC122 said:
    @bgebrentok..there is no bark. You can look at meat and know its right. next time, just like most of my briskets. Looks like pork
    I will brother, thank you for the education!  Please tag me on your next brisket post.  I have a lot to learn and would appreciate your tutelage.  Don't ever stroke a newbie tho, elitism is better.  Please shower on us all your amazingness!
    dude....I had a rough day. I'm sorry
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    MaC122 said:
    @bgebrentok..there is no bark. You can look at meat and know its right. next time, just like most of my briskets. Looks like pork
    I will brother, thank you for the education!  Please tag me on your next brisket post.  I have a lot to learn and would appreciate your tutelage.  Don't ever stroke a newbie tho, elitism is better.  Please shower on us all your amazingness!
    Here's some amazingness for you @bgebrent
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1183832/brisket-fail-or-success#latest
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    bgebrent said:
    MaC122 said:
    dude....I had a rough day. I'm sorry
    I think it just got worse.
    Hoping things are getting better for you soon.
    Peace.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • MaC122
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    MaC122 said:
    Here's some amazingness for you @bgebrent
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1183832/brisket-fail-or-success#latest

that's fair. my brisket sucked. Look, we all spent hundrened of dollars to get a nice brisket. I even posted a pic. The fact is suck at making a brisket. I  gave some guy **** about his bark,  big deal, get over it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    that's fair. my brisket sucked. 
    Sorry to hear this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. If you would like to improve your brisket game, there are many here that are more than willing to help you out in anyway that they can. There is a old saying that certainly proves true here: Ask and so shall you receive. There are many here (myself included) that will go out of there way to help get you on the right track. Some will even gladly speak to you on the phone while you are cooking. Myself again included. If you need help, just ask my friend. That's what the forum is here for. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day and regrets letting a couple things slip. I wrote the book on things to regret.
    It is a big deal. Your rough day is also a big deal. Your words are typed on a two dimensional screen. Unfortunately, that is all most people know of you.
    Tomorrow is another day. Bring your best, then hit Post Comment.
    Glad to help anyway I can, if needed.
    Peace, and be cool.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishindoc
    fishindoc Posts: 212
    edited January 2016
    Options
    MaC122: I have rough days too often for me...this hobby helps me have some fun both in creating and enjoying fruits of the labor. But I'm also very interested in learning. I dont have a clue yet admittedly
  • fishindoc
    Options
    I guess I would put in a reminder: this is my second brisket so I dont get to say Im even close to knowing what Im doing yet...but it tasted pretty good nonetheless:)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It looks perfect to me. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @fishindoc - Great cook right there.  Banquet for sure.  Congrats, especially only your second one.
    And just to add a variable- you may want to slice and enjoy the great majority of the point.  Go easy with sacrificing the best part of the brisket to burnt ends.   But just an opinion...
    Have a great day.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    inject everytime

put mustard on your hot dog only.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You don't need an injection to enjoy moist meat. TWSS
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • MaC122
    Options
    Just want to say that I am sorry if I was rude. I love this forum and I appreciate all the advice you guys give me. And @NPHuskerFL is right, no brine or injection needed, just need to spend $1000's to finally get I right!:)  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    Just want to say that I am sorry if I was rude. 
    Hey, we all have bad days my friend. No apology necessary. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    Just want to say that I am sorry if I was rude. I love this forum and I appreciate all the advice you guys give me. And @NPHuskerFL is right, no brine or injection needed, just need to spend $1000's to finally get I right!:)  

Hope your day is going better my fiend. It is all cool. Good luck in your research. Anything I have the capability to do to assist, feel free to contact me at your convenience.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Nope. 
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • fishindoc
    Options
    It's all good MaC122...
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2016
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    @bgebrentok..there is no bark. You can look at meat and know its right. next time, just like most of my briskets.
    lol - brisket looks fine to me. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    MaC122 said:
    @bgebrentok..there is no bark. You can look at meat and know its right. next time, just like most of my briskets.
    lol - brisket looks fine to me. 
    Brother Gator, @MaC122 has admitted to having a bad day and probably misspeaking.  If only every day was so easy.  The brisket does look legit.  Everyone is different.  You my friend carry on, @MaC122, glad your here and look forward to your cooks brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga