Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1-800-SAVE-NOLA

Options

Comments

• jimithing
    Options
    I've never understood the moderation of this forum.  There are apparently no set rules - it's a free for all unless one of the nameless moderators decides you've gone too far.  Every other forum I belong to has rules and some sort of progressive punishment system.  You screw up once you get timeout for a week.  You screw up twice you're out for a month.  You screw up a third time and you're done for a year.  Anything beyond that is discretionary.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options

the man / the myth/ the legend - all time favorite!!!  Now he got it done....women fainting in the aisles at the concerts!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @SGH
    Done
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

And if you disagreed with the progressive political know it all rants, he went straight to the Lib playbook a la Saul Alinski

No thanks 
    You realize the only people who've actually read that are right wingers, right?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options

And if you disagreed with the progressive political know it all rants, he went straight to the Lib playbook a la Saul Alinski

No thanks 
    Libs are born with inate knowledge.  We don't need a playbook.

Better than being born with original sin.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @SGH... 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • B727
    B727 Posts: 18
    Options
    May sound funny, but if one is a liberal, one tends to be offended by just about everything, and wants to to ban first amendment speech, including on college campuses and almost everywhere (ask our Attorney General). I strongly disagree and will defend Nola's rights to express his thoughts, to the end - However, Like the Dixie Chicks learned, this concept only applies to government sanctions and, expressing opinions in the public forum is NOT protected. Freedom of Speech can be expensive, including the rights of the moderators to not be offended. Anyhow, if I can live with my communist brother-in-law (I still love him), I can live with Nola because of what he does contribute............ BTW, I'm thick-skinned, so fire away.
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    @Dredger - don't know if you've seen Jazz in "person" but he's the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. I'm not a cat person but that is one beautiful an

No thanks 

You had to bring faith into it? Why? No one else brought it up.  Why do you feel the need to make posts intended to insult the beliefs of others?
    New Orleans LA
  • henapple
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    B727 said:
    May sound funny, but if one is a liberal, one tends to be offended by just about everything, and wants to to ban first amendment speech, including on college campuses and almost everywhere (ask our Attorney General). 
    This does sound like Nola.  That guy is super thin skinned for sure.  

Wait a minute....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    @Dredger - don't know if you've seen Jazz in "person" but he's the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. I'm not a cat person but that is one beautiful an

No thanks 

You had to bring faith into it? Why? No one else brought it up.  Why do you feel the need to make posts intended to insult the beliefs of others?
    Are you being sarcastic?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dondgc said:

No thanks 

Are you being sarcastic?
    rofl
    Forgive them Ozzie, for they know not . . .

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• henapple
    Options
    Let's face it..   Liberals get butt hurt over the least little thing. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    That's not true, I have lots of graphs to prove it.
  • henapple
    Options
    Aphobe..... Who invented that ****? Not afraid, just not stupid. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    My statistics on butt hurt will refute your graphs ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @SGH
    Done
    Also done!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    You know, it almost seems wrong that I'm trying hard to save a liberal atheist. Goes against everything that I believe in =)
    A compassionate conservative perhaps? 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:
    You know, it almost seems wrong that I'm trying hard to save a liberal atheist. Goes against everything that I believe in =)
    There is hope for everyone.  Your good people Scottie.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    He pulled a no show on me when we were in Nola a couple of years ago. Whatever fate befell him he deserves. I was gonna buy dinner and booze as well.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said:
    A compassionate conservative perhaps? 
    I guess I'm just getting old and senile brother D :s  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @SGH If I understand, you are like me already old dude, senility is not so bad, just blame it on a youth misspent. I do, sometimes, it works. Other times, they just feel sorry for me because I am so old.
    keep it rockin' Scottie!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @Legume, you win!  And SAVE @nolaegghead!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Forget Nola, bring back Tweev!

SGH said:
    Let's agree that we want him back for his BGE knowledge and forum companionship, but everything else about him sucks....... lol
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'd buffalo the crap out of this thread days ago if I were a mod.  It's not even in the correct category.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    4Runner said:
    I'd buffalo the crap out of this thread days ago if I were a mod.  
    They tatonkinned my thread about Nola as Hitler pretty much right away.   I have no idea how this one has been spared.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    They tatonkinned my thread about Nola as Hitler pretty much right away.   I have no idea how this one has been spared.
    No one knows why or when, but sometimes the buffalo shows mercy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.