Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who's Down With PPP?

Pulled Pork Pillows!  Yeah you know me!

This was an idea I've had for awhile, ever since I saw something done with wontons and salmon at Eggtoberfest.  Sorry I don't remember exactly what the recipe was, but it was damn good.  I just figured I'd do a twist with pulled pork.

These are insanely easy, and insanely good my friends!  I used a muffin tray for the wontons, then put some leftover pulled pork in them:

Topped with BBQ sauce and a touch of maple syrup (a riff off that Eggtoberfest recipe - plus, why not?):

At first I tried half with BBQ sauce and half with maple syrup, but after trying the finished product - I thought, nah - better do both at the same time!

Cooked on the BGE indirect at 450 for about 5 minutes.  Apple wood for a bit of extra flavor:

Then topped with some of that green apple/ poppyseed coleslaw (easy!) recipe I posted long back:

These were ... ridiculous.  I devoured ten before I could say "Slap My Mamma!"  

I think I will be bringing these to Butt Blast my friends.  Oh yes I will!
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments