Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 2nd Annual Briscket Camp Roll Call - WHOOP! WHOOP!

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    It wouldn't be brisket camp without a few slices of the digits:

@FleurdeLirious took care of me Saturday night after I caught an edge of the brisket knife trying to cut up some bread.  It is literally a flesh wound.
    OMG @JohnInCarolina that's probably the WORST bandaging job I've ever done! Musta been the margaritas.

Where's the duct tape?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It wouldn't be brisket camp without a few slices of the digits:

@FleurdeLirious took care of me Saturday night after I caught an edge of the brisket knife trying to cut up some bread.  It is literally a flesh wound.
    OMG @JohnInCarolina that's probably the WORST bandaging job I've ever done! Musta been the margaritas.

Where's the duct tape?  
    It's holding @nola's door on.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I'll say it again, the band was awsom 
    Did the chick with the pink outfit (in pre event video) attend the brisket camp? The one shaking her booty?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Just got home from Brisket Camp! It's been a great weekend. I'll see y'all next year.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    @piney glad y'all made it home safely and that your wife didn't tuck Jazz kitty into her purse. Look forward to seeing you again.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    What's your paypal.  I wanted to send you some money and the fire extinguisher thing is on me.  It was my UDS that started it and my dumbass that put the bag of coal to close to it.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Between now and the next brisket camp I already have 8 Competitions scheduled. The Winnebago will be even better stocked up by next year!  Apocolypse be damned.  My parking lot cooking skills should be well honed by then.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Between now and the next brisket camp I already have 8 Competitions scheduled. The Winnebago will be even better stocked up by next year!  Apocolypse be damned.  My parking lot cooking skills should be well honed by then.
    @Thatgrimguy, do you do any KCBS competitions and how far north do you travel?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited October 2015
    Options
    We are trying to focus mostly on KCBS and stay within a 5-6 hour drive time. So that puts me mostly searching the coastal Comps. Once we get comfortable with the new smoker and keep getting calls we will undoubtedly start driving further to do more KCBS instead of filling so many weekends with the local more backyard type stuff.  So far I have only done 2 KCBS but we are really really new to this.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    We are trying to focus mostly on KCBS and stay within a 5-6 hour drive time. So that puts me mostly searching the coastal Comps. Once we get comfortable with the new smoker and keep getting calls we will undoubtedly start driving further to do more KCBS instead of filling so many weekends with the local more backyard type stuff.  So far I have only done 2 KCBS but we are really really new to this.
    It is a lot of fun.  I have started helping out my brother in law in two comps and the last the American Royal which is a cool time.  I hope to help him even more next year.  The season is about done up here in KC.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    I just saw on Facebook that Yes Ma'am is going to be in tonight's episode of NCIS N.O. 
    CBS
    That's really cool. I used to be into NCIS and NCIS: LA, but haven't watched in years. I just set the TiVo to record tonight's NCIS: NO, thanks for the heads up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The NOLA version of NCIS is the only one I've ever watched.  They shoot in my neighborhood all the time.
    Options
    Now all you Brisket Campers can be all hipster like, "I saw Yes Ma'am at this small bbq club one night before they hit the prime time.  It was awesome!"
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    This is what was written on the Yes Ma'am Face book page. Not sure who wrote this or who Matt is.

TONIGHT!!!! The red carpet premiere of Yes Ma'am appearing in an episode of NCIS. It starts at 8, and I guess we're closer to the beginning so you don't have to sit through a buncha ****. Come watch Matt freak the fvck out about being on tv. Oh yeah and obviously at St. Roch
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Dvr  baby!  Imma be one of the cool kids!
  • TigerTony
    Options
    The unfinished bar at the beginning of the episode where he is showing the girl singer.
    That is Warren's Corner where we had last years brisket camp.
    New Orleans

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Hey, just they're at crazy Dave's mansion!  They guy across the street from brisket camp with the nice house owns that place.

Options
    Options
    Now I'm singing

i like my whiskey
    i like my gin
    but the way I like my sister...
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    ...is a gawd dam sin...
    Options
    Never saw the band yet but here's Warren's Corner
    New Orleans

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Wow brings back some good memories of BC #1!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • TigerTony
    Options
    Oh well. I didn't see the band. Maybe in another episode. 
    I actually enjoyed the show though.
    New Orleans

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @TigerTony Were they playing the music during the Warren's Corner scene?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That house....cant believe that price.
    Seattle, WA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    That house....cant believe that price.
    It was 199k.  Crappy neighborhood and it's falling apart.  Location location location.   But 5700 square feet and lots of land....if I had 400k I would buy it.
    Options
    Looks like they are on next week according to their FB page
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX