Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Egg, First Post, First (Few) Cook Highlights with Pics

Options
Hey everyone, finally got approved to post on the forum so here goes. First off, just want to thank everyone for all their posts and hard work. Felt like I already knew what to do with getting everything set up and how to do my first few cooks just by reading the forum the past couple of months. The amount of knowledge on this site is amazing. 

I wasn't sure if the fork in the plated pic was a good thing or a bad...so I only put in one. However, I did know to get the mandatory "bottom crust shot" on the pizza. 

Setup: LBGE in Cypress Table with plate setter. 

1st Cook: 3-1-1 St. Louis Style Ribs @ 225F raised indirect. Turned out fantastic.

4th Cook: (Leftover) Pork Tenderloin Stir Fry in Lodge Cast Iron Wok @ ~500 F. 

9th Cook: Thin Crust Pizza. Raised indirect @ ~450 F on Oneida pizza stone sitting directly on grill grates. Maybe our favorite so far (Okay, maybe a tie with the ribs). 

11th Cook: Grilled London Broil. Direct & lowered @ ~650 F. 

Thanks for looking! Can't wait for the next 1,000 cooks. 

Johnson & Wales University 2007
University of Tennessee 2009

Currently residing in: Canton, Ohio
Currently listening to: Metallica

My Other Car is a Big Green Egg

Comments