Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did we uncover something brewing?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,911
Better read this quick as the thread may be heading to the dumpster! 

This morning I started the following link which was allowed to sink very early on. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1696191#Comment_1696191

Comments

• RRP
    Options
    LOL - looks like no one wants to chime in about the BGE buyout of Ozark Oak "conspiracy" theory! Oh well...that is unless this thread also sinks! BTW Looks like things in "Paxton Place" are quiet for now unless there is a street brawl keeping folks off the internet tonight - or whatever "else" plays in Yellville at night! 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    What the hell I guess I'll chime in. I've really been too busy to read the forum much lately and missed the whole OO deal. I figured id let it go but now that they're done...last fall I called them in an attempt to order direct. I was willing to buy a pallet and cover shipping. The guy that answered the phone was the rudest SOB I've ever dealt with. Then he hung up on me! To make sure it wasn't me I had another forum member call to inquire as well. Same result. Douche bags. Glad they're out of business. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Should I keep my 3 bags I just got from Firecraft? Never used the lump, collectors item?
    Seattle, WA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,175
    edited March 2015
    Options
    [deleted]
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    What the hell I guess I'll chime in. I've really been too busy to read the forum much lately and missed the whole OO deal. I figured id let it go but now that they're done...last fall I called them in an attempt to order direct. I was willing to buy a pallet and cover shipping. The guy that answered the phone was the rudest SOB I've ever dealt with. Then he hung up on me! To make sure it wasn't me I had another forum member call to inquire as well. Same result. Douche bags. Glad they're out of business. 
    You have been holding out on us. You should have told us that when it happened. There really is no excuse for a company treating a customer with cash in hand like that. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    RRP said:
    BTW Looks like things in "Paxton Place" are quiet for now unless there is a street brawl keeping folks off the internet tonight - or whatever "else" plays in Yellville at night! 
    The Paxton Santa comment ruined Christmas for me forever, but it sure does put a new meaning the phrase "Ho, Ho, Ho". 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That at is crazy @RRP

@henapple you know anything about this?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I think @henapple bought the company just to supply his habit.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Would seem to me that most of us feel the BGE brand of charcoal is not worth the premium price asked, how would you feel if OO was rebranded as BGE lump? It would appear from many of the posts here it has been highly under priced, which from my old purchase and acquisition days rates them as a great candidate for takeover and rebranding. Not sure this is a tinfoil hat event, might be a place setter hat event, if that's even possible.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Would seem to me that most of us feel the BGE brand of charcoal is not worth the premium price asked, how would you feel if OO was rebranded as BGE lump? It would appear from many of the posts here it has been highly under priced, which from my old purchase and acquisition days rates them as a great candidate for takeover and rebranding. Not sure this is a tinfoil hat event, might be a place setter hat event, if that's even possible.  
    See someone besides me has had this thought! 

• RRP
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    That's interesting as I have always been treated with the most congeal respect - and aways by a sweet sounding gal. Even when I too was trying to line up a pallet buy, as well as when I was trying to help my dealer become a source. Maybe the jerk you talked with was one of the boys after he got inked and dumped by T. Paxton! LOL
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    That Paxton clan is going to be an Internet sensation!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I've talked to the lady there a few times and she's always been nice. Talked to her monday. Our conversation went like this...

Ozark Oak. ..can I help you?
    Are you really going out of business? 
    Yes sir.
    I hate to hear that..OO is my favorite. 
    Tough, nut up dude.
    Wtf?
    I mean, does a charcoal lump mean that much to you?
    You bet your a$$ it does. ..I'm Mr OO on the bge forum. No one will like me anymore without giving out your product at such low prices.
    Grow up stupid.
    *sobbing*...I'm sorry. ..I'm just can't go on
    Well, I guess you'll have to.
    I guess I will you #!

They've always been nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,175
    Options
    @henapple not sure if your serious.  Are you from Yellsville?  You speak their language.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Jeezus Ron, there were four threads about it before yours. Sorry to the inbred one.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,032
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    How did you find that picture of me?!?!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,032
    Options
    DMW said:
    How did you find that picture of me?!?!
    I have friends in low places.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I concur. That forum member was me. The guy was a complete utter tool. I requested to order a pallet and prepay for product and shipping.  He told me "Hey! You're not hearing me! I said I'm not gonna fill anybody's order who isn't already a vendor!" Then promptly hung up on me. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    After that experience they could retool it, rebrand and seal it with a kiss. They can kiss my starfish I wouldn't buy "A" bag let alone a pallet from somebody that quite literally yelled at me for wanting to buy a pallet of their product. No thanks I'll stick with Rockwood &/or WGWW. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Come on Blake you know how it is. I hate it when people call me unsolicited and want to purchase the product that allows me take care of my family. 

Hillbilly Hooch will make you mean and crazy! 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm guessing they were having trouble keeping up with @henapple and decided to give it up

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • RRP
    Options
    I hear you! I would have called back and said worst to the *sshole so I understand - but I swear I never met the problem you did with any of my dealings with OO. Just the same their product rocked and I'm sorry to hear they are going out of business. It just might be that the owner said something about the Paxton family tree or burnt a Paxton family stump and that p*ssed him off that day! LOL
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    That guy on the phone may have been Santa's elf. No wonder he was pissed. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Ron. The guy actually answered "Ya!" And I was like "Um I'm sorry is this Ozark Oak?" Him "Ya this is Ozark Oak" and the rest I already wrote. I hung up laughing going what a jackass. Called Jeremiah and then I ordered 20 bags of RW. 
    @johnkitchens :lol: I know right. What kind of Ahole wants to prepay for a pallet. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL I wish you and @Jeremiah would have let me known. I would have been the third call requesting the same thing. I love messing with jerks like that. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Ron. The guy actually answered "Ya!" And I was like "Um I'm sorry is this Ozark Oak?" Him "Ya this is Ozark Oak" and the rest I already wrote. I hung up laughing going what a jackass. Called Jeremiah and then I ordered 20 bags of RW. 
    @johnkitchens :lol: I know right. What kind of Ahole wants to prepay for a pallet. 
    I think you should call back and try to order another pallet.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌. .. maybe it was a PRIVATE business.  =)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @henapple - just 'cause you can't get OO is not why we might learn to not like you anymore, I'm sure someone will come up with another reason besides the fact you take a bath in bacon and Pabst. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
     NPHuskerFL said:

Actually, that was me that you called.....thought I'd have a little fun with you. =)

Hahhahahah.....I really wanted to stay out of these threads, but couldn't resist on this one.  Man, wait until you call us and try to order something.  I can't wait.