Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
Everyone have their Salado cooks down and ready?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    henapple said:
    I think so. Going to do things that I normally can do in my sleep. Drago style chargrilled oysters and southern style hogs head with butter injected jowls. Should be a breeze. We shall see Uncle Apple. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    No because not everyone is going. duh. :tongue: 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Can't wait to see pics from this thing, especially the hog head @SGH
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • henapple
    Chubbs said:
    No because not everyone is going. duh. :tongue: 
    That's a "you" problem.  =)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Just got done figuring out logistics with @20stone.  It took a fair bit of whiskey, but we now have a plan. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited March 2015
    Test-driving the PNW smoked salmon mushrooms as I type.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • PNWFoodie
    What the heck is up with pic insert thing?
    Sandy
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    PNWFoodie said:
    What the heck is up with pic insert thing?
    It sucks.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• PNWFoodie
    It's gorgeous out in WA as I type this. My boys and my parents just gave me thumbs up on the mushrooms, so I think I'm good to go there. Getting ready to throw some hot dogs and Chinese bbq pork on for a quick dinner. SO nice to have a great weather afternoon...life is good. :)
    Sandy
  • We are good. Janell is cooking and I am drinking. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Still figuring out what will work given I'm flying in and picking stuff up there. If I can figure out how to do mashed potatoes I'm set. Any ideas?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW said:
    Still figuring out what will work given I'm flying in and picking stuff up there. If I can figure out how to do mashed potatoes I'm set. Any ideas?
    Are you flying in to austin? I'll take you shopping if you are. I have a canister propane side burner and any gear you need for the taters. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    DMW said:
    Are you flying in to austin? I'll take you shopping if you are. I have a canister propane side burner and any gear you need for the taters. 
    Flying into Killeen. Propane burner and a pot would be great. I'll be at the pre-party if you will I could even make those the night before.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited March 2015
    :lol: Killeen airport. That's funny. I'll bring whatever you need. If you need to shop, Travis has access to good cheap meat, HEB grocery in Killeen is your best bet for basics, we can bring any special ingredients you need. There is a nice big HEB grocery store like 30 min south of Salado in Georgetown. RD is 15 min north of that. Central market (super fancy hipster store) is 15 min from that. I'll be glad to pick up anything you need. Confirmed on the burner and the pot for the taters. 
  • and we are there Friday as well. 
  • henapple
    DMW said:
    I'll have the PBR's. ..
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to this, but something pretty big came up and I won't be able to make it.  

My dream job opened up, and I have an interview.  As you knock back those PBRs, and don those kilts...please send good vibes my way.  Have fun guys!  See you next year.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    henapple said:
    DMW said:
    I'll have the PBR's. ..
    Not for long... 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    To hell with the cooks... I'm going to EAT!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • henapple
    Ok....@caliking is going. I'm staying home. 
  • I will say, sadly, that we are down one Canadian raccoon cooler diver/extremely bossy Indian cook this year. PBR might last longer than an hour this time. 
  • henapple
    Aw **** is coming. ..
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    @SaltySam Best of luck with the interview and process that goes with it. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:
    If they don't come out, I will be disappointed. 
  • PNWFoodie
    I'm going to Salado, I'm going to Salado (read that in a sing song voice). I am SO looking  forward to this! I can't wait to meet you all and put faces to my egging family. :)
    Sandy
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255

Enthusiasm seems to be picking up.  That's all it takes to have a really good Eggfest.   Well, along with some Egg'd food and drink, of course.  Throw in a few 'always happy people' and good weather, and it becomes a really great Eggfest.  We're going to have a good time for sure....

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    SGH said:
    henapple said:
    I think so. Going to do things that I normally can do in my sleep. Drago style chargrilled oysters and southern style hogs head with butter injected jowls. Should be a breeze. We shall see Uncle Apple. 
    Sounds amazing…Are so going to cook the oysters at the Eggfest or at the after party?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas