Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- American Sniper

butert
butert Posts: 202
Hands down the best movie I have ever seen.  If you get a chance I suggest you go see it.
Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.

Comments

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    I plan to watch it this weekend. Heard it was great. Glad you liked it.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Saw it 3 weeks ago a thoroughly enjoyed it. Superb performance from Bradley Cooper too. I cant endorse it as the best film I've ever seen, but its definitely worth the price of admission...
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I really want to see this. Just might go see it in theater before DVD release.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Saving private Ryan. Is my all time favorite. And I think I have seen all the great ones. I will wait for the dvd
  • butert
    Its worth the expensive theater price to go see it before DVD.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Watched it last night - Eastwood really makes great films.
  • I have a hard time watching war movies. Once you have lived it, war seems quite unappealing in any form. The best I've seen is band of brothers. I watch it every Veterans Day. I mostly watch it to remind myself of how good I've had it and to honor the real sacrifice of those men. I think I'll watch American sniper. The reviews seem to demand it.

What branch? NAM ?
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Active duty army infantryman. 12 years and counting.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I'm only 34.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Active duty army infantryman. 12 years and counting.

Blue cord...Whoot whoot. Don't let them make an old man out of you. You only get one back and one set of knees(real ones). Thanks for serving in one of the most challenging (mentally and physically) jobs in the military.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    At first glance at the title, I thought it was about savvy American eBay purchasers.  After further research, it's about a guy that's a good shot and kills a lot of people.  Sad about how he died.  SWMBO wants to see it so I guess I will too.  I'll post a review.

Keep your head down my brother.. We do a lot of toasts on v.d day
  • Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    I saw it Friday night and I am considering going back with friends tomorrow.  I thought it was a GREAT movie.  The book, of course, is even better and goes into more detail about his life at home between tours.  There was at least one tour before going to the sandbox too but I cannot remember where that was.  I'm going back to read it again soon.  

I would encourage everyone to go see it in the theaters.  I think there was something moving about the deafening silence of the sold out audience at the end of the movie.  

Such an amazing story about an incredible hero.  Go see the movie and see the book, NOW!!!  

m
    Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Read it a year ago. Re reading it now. Will see it next week
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• I don't like too many of these, but plan on giving this one a shot, good guy, his wife can def use the support.  
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    Read the book and will check it out next weekend. Wanted to see it this weekend but the crowds on opening weekends I can do without. He was a bad a$$
    Jacksonville FL
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    I'm only 34.

From your Avatar I thought you were older. Thank you for your service to our Nation. Toughest job in the world and really appreciated.
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I want to see this, but not sure the wife will want to.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Just saw it, really well done. Thanks to all who serve/served.
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Tjcoley said:
    I'm only 34.

From your Avatar I thought you were older. Thank you for your service to our Nation. Toughest job in the world and really appreciated.
    "Active duty in any theatre ages you far beyond your years" or so my Dad always said, he retired after 30 years. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    @Skiddymarker‌ Agreed. My Dad was 20 plus years Navy, part of the Greatest Generation. On the Missouri when the Treaty was signed. One of my brothers was 20 years Air Force Another was 8 years Army and now 20 plus years Foreign Service. Due to physical issues I never served, something I always regret. I have the greatest respect for those who did
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    The movie wasn't anything like I expected. One of those where everyone sets quietly through the credits and no one talks much when leaving.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    henapple said:
    The movie wasn't anything like I expected. One of those where everyone sets quietly through the credits and no one talks much when leaving.
    Very similar experience with Lone Survivor.  These movies really speak to people as most don't understand the sacrifices these heroes make on a daily basis for our country.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    I wasn't planning on seeing it until I watched the interviews from his wife and his father. They said Clint Eastwood and Bradley cooper did a good job with the film. Must of been difficult for them to watch the film.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great movie. Same experience with people just sitting quietly at the end, watching the credits.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • butert
    After the move was over almost everybody stood up and clapped for a good 30 seconds before departing from the theater, very cool.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    I wanted to love this movie. I was soo pumped sitting in the theatre waiting for it to start ... all the trailers were awesome ... the interview with his wife on Megyn Kelly's show made me emotional.

IMO, the movie fell short, just so-so ... I judge a movie on one question - would I see it again. In a word, no.

There's no doubt Cris Kyle is an American hero, a legend if you will ... but the movie was over hyped.

I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    SoCalTim said:

There's no doubt Cris Kyle is an American hero, a legend if you will ... but the movie was over hyped.

The above comment is exactly why I refuse to watch any trailers, commercials, watch clips or read articles/reviews about any film I have an interest in until after I've seen it.  I prefer to go into a movie with an open mind and clean slate.  Otherwise you stand to be disappointed because of unrealistic expectations.   

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA