Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT World Juniors

I'm surprised that this hasn't been covered here yet. Does that mean I'm the only one watching?

Comments

• I think all of us Canadians are holding our breath knowing we will be up against Russia in the finals. Wish us luck!
    LBGE,Mini Max,Stoker Meadow Lake Sask.
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Highlight of the year in our house!  We lose a little steam after USA loses.
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    hondabbq said:
    I'm surprised that this hasn't been covered here yet. Does that mean I'm the only one watching?
    Watching here.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Hat trick for Petan. Jets prospect. On our way to the gold medal game.
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 558
    We're watching.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• I have been watching at work but not at home.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Are we talking hockey (says a Floridian who is now a Texan)?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    yumdinger said:

Highlight of the year in our house!  We lose a little steam after USA loses.

Was watching until USA lost

Garnerville, NY
  • Wouldn't know where to follow it if I wanted to. I guess the fact that I wouldn't watch it even while at work is the same as saying I wouldn't watch it if you paid me?!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Great hockey, they still play with their hearts - love Junior. Petan is a local boy nice to see him get the hat trick. 

As noted above in a couple of places, hard to get good TV coverage in the USA and once the US is eliminated, they lose interest pretty quickly. World Juniors love it when the tourney is in Canada, we will watch any game, most are sold out at the pro arenas. 

Let's go Canada!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • yumdinger

All Games are on the NHL Network. 

USA needed to stay out of penalty trouble.  Cant play short handed for 1/3 of a game and expect to win.

Just hoping for good hockey tonight.

• robnybbq
    Great hockey, they still play with their hearts - love Junior. Petan is a local boy nice to see him get the hat trick. 

As noted above in a couple of places, hard to get good TV coverage in the USA and once the US is eliminated, they lose interest pretty quickly. World Juniors love it when the tourney is in Canada, we will watch any game, most are sold out at the pro arenas. 

Let's go Canada!
    Only thing good on team Canada is Anthony Duclair.  Lets Go Rangers!!!  :)

Garnerville, NY
  • should be a great game tonight the Russians are a force to but dealt with
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• Sammi
    robnybbq said:

Let's go Canada!
    Only thing good on team Canada is Anthony Duclair.  Lets Go Rangers!!!  :)

:-@ :-robnybbq  Why the hate?
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Time to double up on the heart meds. Another Canada/Russia nail biting final!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Sammi
    Golden!!!
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Yes Canada!!!!!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited January 2015
    If any of you have some spare change burning a hole in your pocket. McDavid jersey $18,200 so far. http://www.ebay.ca/sch/hockey_canada_auctions/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Jesus!! Sometimes I envy people who don't watch sports. #heartfailure
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Yeah Haw !!! Canada is once again Golden in Hockey! Congrats everyone...
    LBGE,Mini Max,Stoker Meadow Lake Sask.
  • yumdinger
    Too bad most of the world will never understand the passion we hockey fans have for our sport.  Simply put this is the most amazing sporting event every year.  Amateur athletes competing at the highest of levels for the love of a game.  
    No professionals mucking it up for the camera and attention.  Just kids playing a game with their heart.  Awesome,
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567

I have been watching at work but not at home.

@bigalsworth‌, I need one of those jobs that pays me to watch TV.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • @stemc33‌ its a pretty good gig, even got a couple hours of sleep in too. There have to be some perks for workin' nightshift.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567

@stemc33‌ its a pretty good gig, even got a couple hours of sleep in too. There have to be some perks for workin' nightshift.

I'm also a night-shifter. I agree it has to have perks. The biggest perk is not having to pretend to be busy. Actually get to focus on the job without running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Sorry about the sidebar @hondabbq‌. I had no clue what World Juniors was, so I had to read the thread and couldn't resist commenting on @bigalsworth‌ post.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • robnybbq
    yumdinger said:
    Too bad most of the world will never understand the passion we hockey fans have for our sport.  Simply put this is the most amazing sporting event every year.  Amateur athletes competing at the highest of levels for the love of a game.  
    No professionals mucking it up for the camera and attention.  Just kids playing a game with their heart.  Awesome,
    +1

Our 7 year old plays travel ice hockey.  Takes up most of our free time (one of the reasons we don't egg much anymore) but would not trade it for anything.  It's a great sport and love watching him play, grow and make great friends.  We watch games together and go to Rangers games when we can.  The 7 year old is obsessed with it.  He will watch any team - NHL, AHL, College, KHL and the Juniors.  Maybe one day he will get to play in college.

Garnerville, NY