Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday night pizza

Options
124»

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina‌, I would never share anything that led or will lead to my legacy with my children. Why on earth would anybody do that? That would be crazy.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Damn, it's been an hour and I can't delete my lucrative business thoughts.  F#$$$in A$$ho!!e mods!!!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @ChicagoEgghead20 I still use that recipe with some minor alterations. Now use eggs from a friends farm (they made a little bit of a difference) and have I have dabbled in some paleo recipes too. Last I checked Bruno Di Fabio's recipe won him world pizza championship and is relevant & shared his recipe and technique.  Then we have others that don't share their **** pie recipe (NO LOSS). 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @nphuskerfl I forgot about this thread and how entertaining it was, thanks for bumping it!  I've been working on my dough over the winter and have it down to where I can throw it together Thursday night in about 10 minutes, and have enough dough ready for 2 pizzas friday night and 2 leftover dough balls go in the freezer for later.  (happy to share it of course.) if i can figure out how to do it i'd love to put together a quick video too.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Backyard Mike
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs!  Classified super secret eyes-only pizza dough recipe. LMFAO
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    This was a great night!  Maybe my favorite pizza cook ever!
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I sooo remember this thread. This was the thread that kicked off the flagging mania and destroyed @theyolksonyou and my Likes/Agree/Troll record. Careful @Backyard Mike, laughing at this thread could kick off another flagging war. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    LOL.......I must have missed this thread since I didn't get my egg until April 2014. If I had known I would have purchased it 6 months earlier just for this post. LOL
    Dearborn MI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Bump. Glad it's not buried in OT land, real gem of a thread, worth a read from the beginning, you're welcome ;)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    This used to be a much more friendlier place?  :s
    canuckland
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I bet his pizza dough recipe sucked donkey balls 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Oh this is one all time greats!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    how did i miss this. my dough is better and my dog really likes the crust
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    I miss these days.  What a beautiful display of assholery by @Mikee .  Just amazing.  Something to aspire too.

I miss @grege345 , he was a good dude.  
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I bet his pizza dough recipe sucked donkey balls 
    It was actually made with filtered @SGH piss, he said so a few pages back, and I assume microplanned donkey scrotum.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    To me, this is reminiscent of a funny exchange that I looked for the other day.

OP’s thread title: “insert name of meal here - The FaceDance Way!”
    Poster: “What makes it the FaceDance way?”
    OP: “Mind your own business.”
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    Options

It was simpler times.  The exchange was so great because the argument stayed focused.on the pizza dough.  It was a civilized trolling.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

It was simpler times.  The exchange was so great because the argument stayed focused.on the pizza dough.  It was a civilized trolling.
    Yes, both cases make me laugh because at their simplest, they are:

OP: “I’ve got this great recipe.”
    Poster: “Tell me more.”
    OP: “You can fvck right off.”
  • Canugghead
    Options

Actually it was @Mikee, not OP @grege345
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

I love the distillation of the posts in that thread, to 3 lines. BOOM!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,296
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Quit being so literal, @Canugghead. 🙃

In the other example I cited, it was the OP on the thread he started about his meal. I just meant that in both cases, the person who initiates a conversation touting their great recipe then scolds those who ask about it. 😂

Reminds me of this…..

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @Great_EGGspectations I think you may have misunderstood facedance’s response. He was not trying to hide any secrets and was completely open. At least that’s how I interpreted it. Now,  Mikee was a whole different situation. 
    Snellville, GA

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Great_EGGspectations I think you may have misunderstood facedance’s response. He was not trying to hide any secrets and was completely open. At least that’s how I interpreted it. Now,  Mikee was a whole different situation. 
    You misunderstand my intent (and also my handle). Not saying the two are identical. Only that they both get asked about their recipe and tell the poster to go fly a kite, which I find comical. 

Don’t ruin my LOLs. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    But how did facedance tell someone to go fly a kite? I guess that’s what I’m missing. 
    Snellville, GA

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    But how did facedance tell someone to go fly a kite? I guess that’s what I’m missing. 
    Two possible meanings to “that’s my business”….

i) “that’s my commercial venture;” or
    ii) “that’s none of your business.” 

There is great humour in the latter, as was interpreted by our friend Pete, and I love to believe this was the true spirit of the comment. 

I’m simply rolling with the fantasy. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    All good bud. I just didn’t want you to get the impression that he was telling Pete to get out of his business. Facedance is the name of his business/company. I only know from his past posts here. Seems like a good dude. Sorry to derail! 
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Not sure I want to know what the FaceDance company actually sells.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I just assumed (😉 Cap!) that it was edible underwear. 
  • Jimmy99s
    Options
    This thread needs more pizza!
    So fun to do on the BGE, technique sensitive between getting a good grill temp and cooking exact amount of time so crust is perfect. We use a pre-made dough from a local bakery, and an Emile Henry pizza stone. Corn meal on the stone helps, as well as a crepe flipper to check crust doneness. This one was pretty simple... fresh mozza, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach.