Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do you do for a living?

Comments

• Just hit my 20 year anniversary at Verizon.

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I am a chef. I work at an active retirement facility, we do about 500 meals a day. I got tired of the 15 hour days and longs stretches without days off. Now Im M-F. I also do private catering from the simple and basic to elegant multi course ultrafine dining dinners. And if that weren't enough I also own my own BBQ sauce company.
  • kthacher
    kthacher Posts: 155
    CEO and founder of a technology company.
    Winnipeg, Canada
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Implementation Manager for a large insurance company. I implement new clients (employer groups) who take our vision insurance. Very stressful especially this time of the year. But my Egg helps with that!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    I'm the Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla!!!!  And a CPA, but the Ayatollah work is more fun.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Service Provider Network Engineer - mostly work on FTTP access networks and Core routing (currently designing/building a "gigabit" city).....
  • Residential Real Estate Appraiser...Plenty of time to cook on the egg these days
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    edited October 2014
    Electronic Security / Low Voltage Contractor

We do residential and commercial security, access control, camera systems, structured cabling, whole house audio, home theater, intercoms and just about everything under the sun low volt.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @GeorgeS - I'd love to pick your brains about a new security system.  I want something I can monitor and control remotely.  Our system is dated.  About to upgrade the cameras to HD.
    Multiple hats. I'm the shop manager, safety manager, and do a little in human resources for a small trucking company (about 70 trucks). Been here 16 years. Been in trucking my whole life. Close to 3 million miles I guess.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    yogi84 said:

Service Provider Network Engineer - mostly work on FTTP access networks and Core routing (currently designing/building a "gigabit" city).....

My nick name growing up was yogi

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    @nolaegghead‌ I am very partial to alarm.com. Their platform is very user friendly, stable, secure and changes rapidly. I think everyone has been playing catch up when it comes to what they offer. They have some really cool stuff with Geo fencing options. There are several panel manufacturers using their platform including 2gig and Interlogix (formerly ITI). Shoot me a PM with your number if you like and we can talk more.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • nolaegghead
    @GeorgeS - sounds good!  I would like to do a DIY installation and regular monitoring with my existing company ($9/month) but get all the remote automation options I could want.  I'll send you my number, give me a call this evening or any time during the weekend.
    +1 on alarm.com!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• They pay me with something that is remotely like your "money", but it's an energy source called "bunny".

Nola's energy bunny:image
    Flint, Michigan
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Semi-retired Geek.   The real kind.  Biting the heads off chickens at the freak show

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Im a long legged mack daddy.
    Jacksonville FL
  • nolaegghead
    Farbuck said:
    Semi-retired Geek.   The real kind.  Biting the heads off chickens at the freak show
    ...someone saw American Horror Story...
    Sr. Military Analyst, Foreign Military Sales, International Programs, US Army.  Boy, what an impressive title for paper pusher.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• monte72
    monte72 Posts: 11
    edited October 2014

Sheet metal worker Stl. Mo. originally from pacifiic northwest....

• hugewineo
    hugewineo Posts: 49
    edited October 2014
    Well, well.  almost 13,000 views and 500 post later my thread is going strong.  I saw monte's Stl and had to comment since I was born and raised there.  Currently living in KC.  Heres to another I70 World Series.  If we can get past Baltimore, almost 30 years later I may be cheering for the other team this time :)
  • Registered Nurse, EMT(not working as one)
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • Air Traffic Controller. Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    As of March 2014 I retired from 44 years pimping Toyotas. Now each March I have the Salado EggFest because @henapple has no where to go March 13- 15th.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TylerA
    TylerA Posts: 85
    I'm an engineer in the oil and gas industry.
    LBGE
    Huffman, TX
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Back when I was a workin stiff I was a HD mechanic on purdy red trucks.image

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• jerryb78
    jerryb78 Posts: 215
    Systems Engineer for a large real estate company.  I work from home 95% of the time, which is pretty awesome for cooking.  I can get a long cook on in the morning before work or do some prep for an evening cook during my lunch break.
    LBGE
    Menasha, WI