Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FREE FireWires!!!

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    =)) =)) Looks like I was 8 mins too late!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Sticks & stones...

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    If it comes with a T-Shirt I'm in!

Has to come with ManGrates!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Well crap. No social media for me. I'm a loser already!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    What's the baud rate?
    Done
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • I guess I missed something.  T-shirt??
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Yup - a free t-shirt for every like, but only if you act fast.  But wait, also a set of Ginzu knives, normally selling for $29.99, but if you are one of the first 7356 likers, the knives are yours free (shipping and handling $31.08) - offer not available in this universe, see god for details.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121

I thought you are talking about free 1394 adapters. (really)

shows the kind of nerd I am.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Better get in quick....Already 8 likes on Face Book..T shirts are going fast.. :D
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Eggcelsior
    tksmoke said:

Yup - a free t-shirt for every like, but only if you act fast.  But wait, also a set of Ginzu knives, normally selling for $29.99, but if you are one of the first 7356 likers, the knives are yours free (shipping and handling $31.08) - offer not available in this universe, see god for details.

This is excellent.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    What's the baud rate?
    IEEE 1394 specifies 400–3200 Mbit/s  :-B

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Hell, I got a set of them fire wires I'd give away free!! First, I'd have to find them. Haven't seen them in a coupla years. Pretty sure there with all the other crap I don't use in my shed somewheres. I'd look for them, but its July here in Texas and temperatures will be approaching the 100's today. Meaning my shed will likely be 110 easy. And in all honesty, I don't think they're worth the postage required to send anywhere and I wouldn't unload them on an unsuspecting fellow Egger. Just wouldn't do that to a friend. The idea behind them is good, but I prefer flat skewers so that my food doesn't spin when trying to flip them over. But if anybody is interested, you are more than welcome to come look for them. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I don't have firewires (well I do have the IEEE 1394 kind), but have a no name brand I got at Lowe's. I find the same issue @Griffin mentioned with food spinning when you want to flip it. The ONLY time I use them is when I want to use skewers on my Small. Otherwise I use flat ones as well.

And the "Double Prong" skewer, not sure what advantage that has over just using 2 normal skewers. Aside from it takes up more drawer space, wait, that's not an advantage.

And they are "patented"?!?! Seriously, what is wrong with the USPTO, how is this an idea that deserves a patent?

Sorry, daily rant over, for now. :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    :-q
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Griffin

Not to mention the pointed end that you skewer the veggies/meat with is wider than the wire so you have a bigger hole in your food which also facilitates said spinning of food.

Bless Mrs. G's heart for buying them for me for some occassion or other. It was the thought that counts. :x

Rowlett, Texas

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Yea, I have had the same issues with my fire wire and went back to wet wood skewers most of the time.  Hell, I use my goofy GRILL COMB more than my fire wires!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    NDG said:
    Yea, I have had the same issues with my fire wire and went back to wet wood skewers most of the time.  Hell, I use my goofy GRILL COMB more than my fire wires!
    I had never heard of the Grill Comb til now. Just googled it, and that looks interesting... Easy to flip, and no spinning.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Anybody win anything yet? The suspense is killing me...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    You guys are brutal. Craig is a great cook from what I have seen of his pics. So is it the "self promotion" that gets some of you riled up?

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Sorry Craig - didnt mean to rain on your promotion, kinda got lost reading responses and gave my personal evaluation of the Fire Wires.  

I wouldnt pierce a dog turd with my fire wires - but that doesn't mean much - others may love them.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Walked by em dozens of times in stores, never thought twice to try.
    Good luck.
    Seattle, WA
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Fire the ad-man, he's obviously not wired for this group. :-SS

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Griffin said:
    Hell, I got a set of them fire wires I'd give away free!! First, I'd have to find them. Haven't seen them in a coupla years. Pretty sure there with all the other crap I don't use in my shed somewheres. I'd look for them, but its July here in Texas and temperatures will be approaching the 100's today. Meaning my shed will likely be 110 easy. And in all honesty, I don't think they're worth the postage required to send anywhere and I wouldn't unload them on an unsuspecting fellow Egger. Just wouldn't do that to a friend. The idea behind them is good, but I prefer flat skewers so that my food doesn't spin when trying to flip them over. But if anybody is interested, you are more than welcome to come look for them. :D
    But, does your set come with a free Big Green Griffin t-shirt?   :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Griffin
    I have yet to go into production for my line of shirts to promote my blog that I have been too lazy to even update in forever and have quite honestly lost all interest in. But if I do make shirts, you can have the first one @cazzy. Free. $24.99 s/h. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

• Eggcelsior
    You guys are brutal. Craig is a great cook from what I have seen of his pics. So is it the "self promotion" that gets some of you riled up?
    I'm pretty sure he just gets razzed for fun. No harm seems to be intended.

As long as he doesn't send t-shirts with smallpox. Precedence, man!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited July 2014

No one is riled John. You know we all live for this sh!t =)) ...... Tell me you were not on the Mangrates super post.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.