Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FREE FireWires!!!

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Our posts crossed paths. I'm both thankful and relieved to hear that's not brother henapple. I was about to lose all respect for him. That man is subject to kill y'all for saying that's him in the pic. That pic is hideous. Made my skin crawl.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Just saw your screen shot. I can't believe brother henapple is not livid for folks saying he is the meat man.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:

Lit said:

I think he self promotes for sure but he has posted some interesting cooks and even one I really want to try with the bacon wrapped stuffed onion. I actually want one of his shirts to wear to a fest it would weed out forum members.

I'm getting a shirt. He can make me one for $20 or I can do it on cafe press but I'm gettin' a BGC shirt.
    You realize the irony though?
    Fully.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    Options
    @henapple‌
    Sir glad that's not you in the pic. I fell for one of Nola's gags. I apologize to you sir.

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @sgh Here's a random Google search. "guy covered in bacon" Results: image
    We're a bunch of nerds.  We've all seen the Henapple bacon pic, but this fine lady with the bacon bra draws no comments.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    @‌The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Sir if you are still there. Have you ever done clod on a rotisserie? If you have was you direct or side set? Never did one myself on a rotisserie but I'm fixing to. Would welcome your input.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    It's a whole clod. Left that out above.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌
    My wife reads this forum so no I haven't noticed any woman covered in bacon. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Of course not.  You wouldn't be on a forum with such denigrates.
    SGH said:

@‌The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Sir if you are still there. Have you ever done clod on a rotisserie? If you have was you direct or side set? Never did one myself on a rotisserie but I'm fixing to. Would welcome your input.

Nope. Would love to hear how it goes. That is totally henapple by the way. Don't let these clowns fools you. Brother Henapple is a freak.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    My friend, Cen-tex is obviously seriously impaired, slandering Henapple's good...uh...well, name.  Ignore him.  He's a hipster of the n-th degree.
    Options
    @‌The Cen-Tex Smoker
    If it turns out I will certainly post it. If it flops then it never happened. I never know when Nola is just fooling about or serious. He had me worried for a bit. Sorry to trouble you sir but thanks for your reply.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I really does look like henapple, I can see why john is convinced.

I don't see why a clod would fail on a rotisserie.  Seems like you could do the philly steak thing, carve off the outer portions over time.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I have cooked several clods but my rotisserie experience is 0. Never wanted to fool with it. A friend bought a rotisserie and asked for my help so I thought I would give it a try. Was just wondering should I side set it or not. Clod usually holds up well so I don't think it will matter which set up I use. Just thought I would ask brother Cen while he was about.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I do want to mention, I bought some little neck clams today (and scored some 10-20 dry scallops for $10.95/lb at RD).  I texted @eggcelsior, because he's East Cost n sit.  How do I cook these?  I say.  He texted me, wine, butter garlic?  So I called him. That ain't no answer.  First time i talked to him.  He stayed in the Beaker muppet persona the whole conversation.  I must say, a very intelligent guy.  He apparently runs at least half a dozen alter egos on this forum.  I lost track with my deranged mind after the first three.  Anyway, we're brothers of different mothers. 
    Options
    @SGH - I agree.  If it doesn't hold up, use butcher string. Side setup minimizes the burning fat. Let us know how it works out. 

I do want to mention, I bought some little neck clams today (and scored some 10-20 dry scallops for $10.95/lb at RD).  I texted @eggcelsior, because he's East Cost n sit.  How do I cook these?  I say.  He texted me, wine, butter garlic?  So I called him. That ain't no answer.  First time i talked to him.  He stayed in the Beaker muppet persona the whole conversation.  I must say, a very intelligent guy.  He apparently runs at least half a dozen alter egos on this forum.  I lost track with my deranged mind after the first three.  Anyway, we're brothers of different mothers. 

Dude loves Luda.
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Quick question. What does it mean when you flag someone's post? I see several folks flagged this guy and just curious?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - I guess it means you click on one of the flag options below a post.  Literally, it says "Flag". What guy?
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @SGH‌ 3 flags»»» spam, abuse & troll. @nolaegghead‌ can likely explain how to get a troll flag. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    If you go back to the start of this post and look under the guys post folks have clicked the flag icon. I'm presuming that means they don't like the subject. Would my assumption be correct?

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

@nolaegghead‌
    Quick question. What does it mean when you flag someone's post? I see several folks flagged this guy and just curious?

Nothing. You can flag someone as a troll (Nola is the king) or as spam etc but it really does nothing.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    SGH - I assure you that is not Henapple - that is his evil twin Skippy!!  Skippy currently has the inside track to win the Intergalactic, and totally misunderstood, Firewire FREE Giveaway.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • SGH
    Options
    @‌The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Thank you sir.

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    This thread is not Charlie Tuna approved.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options

Ah yes - multiple personas, he typed in the incredulous font.  Skippy's alter ego could truly be none other than an unnamed scurrilous blogger... 

Santa Paula, CA
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ Quick question. What does it mean when you flag someone's post? I see several folks flagged this guy and just curious?
    Nothing. You can flag someone as a troll (Nola is the king) or as spam etc but it really does nothing.
    It reduces your forum points; not a thing to be taken lightly!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @SGH‌...that is not me. I would never pose with packaged bacon. I'd have to open it first.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited July 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    @NPHuskerFL‌ If that's really him I just added him to my list of people to avoid. That is terrible. I will never look at bacon the same way again.

You tell us if that is not HIM. Him on the left with his elfin magic friend Steven image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    SGH said:
    @‌The Cen-Tex Smoker If it turns out I will certainly post it. If it flops then it never happened. I never know when Nola is just fooling about or serious. He had me worried for a bit. Sorry to trouble you sir but thanks for your reply.

My new friend. Come March 14 & 15th this whole crew will be at the Salado EggFest. There will be adult beverages, and men in dresses involved. You don't want to miss it. Then you make the call: is that really HIM.......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.