Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to forum

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
New to forum.Just wanted to hello. I have got alot of great recipes and advice from yall.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Where are you?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • SGH
    Options
    Biloxi Mississippi

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Welcome, the first step to recovery and really good BBQ is to take an active part in the discussion. How long have you been Eggin'?
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • SGH
    Options
    2 years on the egg. 30 on a stick burner

Status- Standing by.

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Awesome! There is a lot of really great advice on this forum toss out your questions and remember no photos = it didn't happen.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    Welcome to the addiction.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    SGH said:

2 years on the egg. 30 on a stick burner

Share your advice. ..seems like you've cooked for a while. Welcome
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    Options
    Yes sir I have cooked most of my life. Only had my egg about 2 years. It took some getting use to after only cooking on a off set with wood. I will post pics when i figure out how. Im not to computer savy. Thanks for all the the kind words.

Status- Standing by.

• smokesniffer
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing about the grilling you have done. Please post some pics once you get it figured out..
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome neighbor. Just hold on to a very crazy ride.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Welcome aboard - degree of Kool-Aid consumption a matter of personal choice.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    Options
    Glad to have you-this is the place for ALL egg cooking questions/ideas.........these members will even help with any issues!?!

Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Always room for one more on this highway to ????? We are never sure where exactly.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • wrx_02
    wrx_02 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am new to the forum. I had the confirmation email but can not figure out how to make a new thread? 

I have had my egg for a little over a year and wanted to get better at using it. 
    Besides the Egg I race motorcycles and try to train my German Shepherd. 
    I hope to learn a lot around here as soon as I can figure out how this forum works. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @wrx_02 - there's a big green button that says "New Discussion" on the top right under the search box.  Click on that, and welcome to the forum!
    Options
    @wrx_02‌
    Welcome aboard. Brother it just takes time and messing with it. I still get stumped and have to ask for help with some of the features. There is a icon at the very top right of the screen that you click to start a new thread. It kind of looks like a envelope with a pointer attached. Hit and see what happens. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Status- Standing by.

• wrx_02
    wrx_02 Posts: 19
    Options
    nolaegghead Thanks I have been combing the forum for Brisket help and needed some clarification. I was trying to look under the different sections to make a post. I'm just use to other forums, I'll figure it out. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I've found the best way to search this place is just go to google and type in what you're searching for followed by egghead forum. (I.e. "turbo brisket egghead forum").

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    That's a good idea. Didn't know you could do it that way. Thanks for sharing that.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    That's how I do it.  The google search engine is heuristic, and the forum function is a simple text based search.

That's how I do it.  The google search engine is heuristic, and the forum function is a simple text based search.

Yeah yeah, what you said. Whatever the hell heuristic means.

Little Rock, AR

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I make up long words all the time and use them in posts.  I have no idea what they mean.  No one ever calls me out on it.
    How do you direct a post to a certain member without quoting their entire post? Do you just have to type "@" and then their name or is there something to click?

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I wish you would stop using those long words. You run me to death trying to look them up in the dictionary!!

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I know some big long drug names, but unless somebody really screws up their cooking I dont have any way to show off my talents.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Yes. Just hit @ then their user name.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @SGH‌
    Thanks!

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    No problem my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Having perpetual insomnia, I read a lot of books and learn a lot of words.  Being dyslexic, I'm constantly confused by them.