Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to forum

Options

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options

@nolaegghead

Theres a joke there about being from Louisiana, but being from Arkansas myself, I think I'll keep it to myself. 

Little Rock, AR

• Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Welcome and look forward to seeing some cooks! 
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @biggreenpharmacist - if you can think of one about being from Iowa, that would be more appropriate...  Been in NOLA 23 years, but I was born in Iowa.  @Focker probably knows a few. ;)
    Options
    Wait a minute... just wait a minute... @SGH has only been on the forum since Feb?!?! That blows my mind. Seems like he's been on here for a lot longer than that.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    @biggreenpharmacist - if you can think of one about being from Iowa, that would be more appropriate...  Been in NOLA 23 years, but I was born in Iowa.  @Focker probably knows a few. ;)
     I do.  But I too, was born in IA.  
    Being from IL is much, much worse. 
    >-)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My mom is from Chicago.  She raised this delinquent, maybe you're on to something there.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @nolaegghead,
    I wouldn't put that up on a public forum. :D
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Amazing. @SGH‌ averages more than 10 posts a day. That's a dedicated EGGhead.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    Wait a minute... just wait a minute... @SGH has only been on the forum since Feb?!?! That blows my mind. Seems like he's been on here for a lot longer than that.
    Agreed when I saw new to the forum, I thought the forum site was acting up... 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @SGH‌ lil over 4 months here. I'd say your holding your own quite nicely with some real good looking cooks under your belt. Good to see ya on here and contributing and sharing your cooks. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ @minniemoh‌ @stemc33‌
    Thank y'all for the kind and generous comments my friends.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• damnedhooligan
    Options
    He get's my vote for egghead forum rookie of the year!

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• SGH
    Options
    @damnedhooligan‌
    Brother I really appreciate that. Thank you very much my friend. But I have to be honest. There are others more deserving than me. But I do appreciate and thank you for the very kind words.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    @SGH:  Long Beach, here.
    Kemah, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    @jllbms‌
    Me and my wife knock around over there pretty regular. She helps a couple of dental offices out over there as well. July 4 you should attend our annual whole hog cook if you don't have other plans. It would be great to meet a fellow forum member!

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @SGH Can I just tell you - I admire the heck out of you! I've already talked about you to both my parents (they won a large egg and table at the fest I picked up my XL from) and my BF. Keep cooking, sir...and I'll keep learning from you!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    I truly thank you for the kind words my friend. I have always tried to give what I believe to be honest and simple directions. It does me good to hear that there are people here that benefit from and enjoy my postings. Again I thank you for the very kind words and compliment my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I, too, was shocked that SGH has only been here that long. I've been here about a year and a half and can't hold a candle to SGH's posts. He certainly came in strong.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    You give me more credit than I deserve. But I thank you as well as everyone else for the very kind and thoughtful words my friend. I'm honored to be here among such a fine group of people. Y'all all have been great associates and I have learned a lot and picked up some very useful tips from from y'all. I thank each and every one on this forum for their help, input and their kind and thoughtful words.

Status- Standing by.

• nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌ I use to sell Zocor and Cozaar/Hyzaar and launched Januvia right before I ran from Pharma sales.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    nealcr1 said:

@Biggreenpharmacist‌ I use to sell Zocor and Cozaar/Hyzaar and launched Januvia right before I ran from Pharma sales.

It's getting worse and worse. Cost is steadily rising and reimbursement rates are steadily falling. I'm hanging on for dear life.

Little Rock, AR

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @SGH‌
    This forum is wonderful like you said. I have learned SO much and because of all of you my family and friends think I'm some kinda miracle worker/trained chef after eating my food off the egg. I appreciate everyone of you here (except that jackass Nolaegghead). And I have some more canadian bacon cured and smoking on the egg right now. I'll post a thread when its finished. That stuff is addictive.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    I can't wait to see the bacon. I love it myself. Bacon is one of my all time favorites.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @SGH‌
    Did you see my last batch? I think I posted it here. Its been a few weeks ago, though.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    I'm not sure. I read so many posts that it's hard to remember. But I would be willing to bet that if you posted it I read and commented on it.

Status- Standing by.

• EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    Options
    @SGH You are a true peach of this fabulous forum. I truly appreciate your wit, intelligent posts, and most of all your passive aggressive style. You are one of a kind, my friend. Keep on, keepin on.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Here's a reminder. It was my first try at canadian bacon. I immediately started another batch curing (I liked it THAT much).

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @EggerinLA‌
    Thank you my friend. I hope everyone realizes that I both enjoy and learn from all y'all's post as well. It makes my day to get up and read all the humor and good advice offered here. It's a daily ritual for me know. Again thanks for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    I remember it now. That was impressive to say the least. Thanks for reposting it here to refresh my memory.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    I just picked up a 10 pound boston butt. It's been many years since I stuffed one. Fixing to bone it and roll cut it. If I don't mess up cutting it I'm going to stuff it with sausage, bacon, green and white onions and cheese. Then tie and jet net. If it turns out as good as I remember I will gladly PM you the steps and process. Your family will love it if you prepare one for them.

Status- Standing by.