Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 11 year old LBGE is for sale (& I'm not happy about it)

2»

Comments

• legomyeggo
    legomyeggo Posts: 113
    DAMMIT! I have a winter place in Sebastian and was going to make you and offer!
  • Well played Kristi !=D> April Fools was my first thought.

I wasn't that quick. Kristi nailed me
    ;)
    Flint, Michigan
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Hahaha! I love it. Well done!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    So it's not for sale?
    NOLA
  • buzd504 said:
    So it's not for sale?
    Depends on your offer.  ;)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    You won't do!! I thought why would she (of all people) do that? You got us good on that one! Happy April Fools.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Tsk, tsk, tsk............That was really, really lame Kristi!! I was ready to take you off my list for all of eternity! Now........back to luvin' you guys again!!  :)) :))
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Too late Kristi, I was on my way back from picking if up when I saw you today.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    I sent the link to this thread to our daughter in college.  
    She wrote back,  "OMG! What? When do we move?" And then, "you are SO MEAN!"   =))
    But now you have to buy the condo as a vacation home so she can go there with her friends!
    Milton, GA.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    So, so burned on this one. Well played!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    i knew when i read the title. ha ha ha
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Okay, may your next bag of lump charcoal  be only concrete lumps.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited April 2014
    Great play, had me as I read this a day late. 
    However, friend is in a condo/townhouse complex, he has a SBGE, which he is going to store, lend me, until he sells it. His strata council has just voted to prohibit all but electric grills due to insurance costs. The complex includes 30 condo's, 5 storey concrete construction and 15 townhouses, which are wood frame. The insurance cost to allow charcoal and/or gas BBQs (from the one or two companies who would insure) was over $150 per unit per year.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Great play, had me as I read this a day late. 
    However, friend is in a condo/townhouse complex, he has a SBGE, which he is going to store, lend me, until he sells it. His strata council has just voted to prohibit all but electric grills due to insurance costs. The complex includes 30 condo's, 5 storey concrete construction and 15 townhouses, which are wood frame. The insurance cost to allow charcoal and/or gas BBQs (from the one or two companies who would insure) was over $150 per unit per year.

I'd pay that.
    @nolaegghead - agreed, me too, $150 for my share would not be so bad, but would you pay the full $6800 for everyone? Trouble with strata sometimes, it is a majority rules kinda democracy, I guess.
    No idea what the actual numbers are, but can only assume the majority of home owners in the complex do not cook with or value using charcoal or gas. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Skiddymarker - yeah, I guess that makes sense...and the type of people who live in apartments versus houses are usually less DIY, I'm sure that extends to cooking.

Our house insurance just went up to $3800/year.  Maybe they saw all my grills.  It's nuts.
    edited April 2014
    @Skiddymarker - yeah, I guess that makes sense...and the type of people who live in apartments versus houses are usually less DIY, I'm sure that extends to cooking.

Our house insurance just went up to $3800/year.  Maybe they saw all my grills.  It's nuts.
    No Way! I pay $750 a year (and that's in 90 cent Canukistan bucks), albeit a management retiree's group plan from my former employer, TELUS. I do not have earthquake insurance, which could add another $500 here on the west coast fault line, I'm located on a ridge just 2Km from the 911 centre, seismically very stable. 
    I guess maybe you are in a high risk hurricane/flood zone from the underwriter's perspective. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    No way @nolaegghead is in a high risk flood zone. ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited April 2014
    We used to live on the top floor of a condo building. I would close the hurricane shutters to cook. :-\" Thankfully, we never got caught . . .  
    Big Green Egg
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Oh wow, killer view!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733

my flood insurance went from not required 3 years ago to 1500 this year and is supposed to rise 25 percent a year until it tops out around 5000.00. im 300 feet above sea level. grrrrrr
    :-?
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it