Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BIG GREEN EGG INTRODUCES NEW MINI-MAX PORTABLE GRILL AT HPB EXPO IN SALT LAKE CITY

Options

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    WTF, I feel like BGE is becoming the iPhone, when you think you have seen it all the come out with an app that sizzles bacon as a alarm clock.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Hhhmmmmm, looks like a good camping grill for my trailer! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

I am guessing $499

• laserdoc85
    laserdoc85 Posts: 577
    Options
    Any idea how much these are going to run ?
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    Thanks for the head's-up, I'm hitting that show on Saturday.  
    Looks like an excellent wokking Egg!  
    :-bd

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    Lit said:

I am guessing $499

if it is about that, ill stick with the kjj and accessories for 425... what are your thoughts? 
    Beaufort, SC
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    What's a uses mini going form these days? B-)

$250

Accessories $50 (woo & stones)

?
    Seattle, WA
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options

About 5 years ago they had a prototype that was called the grilling egg that was a large diameter with a short base. Looks like the concept stayed in someones mind but went the way of the small. I wonder if more will come.

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I have been in the market for a small but this does have potential. I am going to wait and see the pricing, and some user reviews before I make up my mind. Thanks BGE for making it a little more difficult.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Ahh $hit!!  My small is probably my most used but it struggles getting up to temp due to the small lower vent and fire grate.  Gotta get me one of these little gems!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Options
    I know what I'm asking for on Fathers Day!

North Texas

XL and Small BGE

• BckPorchGriln
    Options
    I know what I'm asking for on my wedding anniversary! YES!
    Demorest, Ga.    1MBGE
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    BOWHUNR said:
    Ahh $hit!!  My small is probably my most used but it struggles getting up to temp due to the small lower vent and fire grate.  Gotta get me one of these little gems!!

Mike
    Exactly, especially when doing an indirect with disproportionately over-sized platesetter ... that's why I sold it!
    canuckland
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Mickey is kicking dirt saying dag nabbit! :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options

BOWHUNR said:

Mike

Exactly, especially when doing an indirect with disproportionately over-sized platesetter ... that's why I sold it!

Woo for the win! My small works great!
  • cazzy
    Options
    Hmmm, yall think I can do 3 racks of ribs on the mini max? Lol
  • Hungry Joe
    Options
    I wonder what the spec are compared to the Vision P that Costco sells for $199 from Vision Grills?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The vision p actually cooks less than the mini. The grate is the same but the fire ring on the vision has a smaller diameter. So I guess indirect the vision holds more but direct the mini holds more.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I wonder what the spec are compared to the Vision P that Costco sells for $199 from Vision Grills?
    better.

my BIL "saved" $300 and bought the big vision at Costco............the cap (what would be the daisy on BGE but this one is made of beer can aluminum and plastic) melted on his first hot cook. I told him he could take it back to Costco but he's been f-ing with it for a year. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I was afraid to find out how much $ to order a Woo in the GWN.
    canuckland
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I'm pumped! I want one! It'll go good with my XL.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Socalcajudo
    Socalcajudo Posts: 132
    Options
    Aww shoot. Thanks for the heads up.
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I know what I want to tell her. But I know her reply.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Hungry Joe
    Options
    better.

my BIL "saved" $300 and bought the big vision at Costco............the cap (what would be the daisy on BGE but this one is made of beer can aluminum and plastic) melted on his first hot cook. I told him he could take it back to Costco but he's been f-ing with it for a year. 

This helpful since I see the mini, or the Vision P I am considering as something I would use to sear steaks and cook burgers and what not. I know it can be used for a lot more looking at some of the posts here but that is the main reason I am looking something in the mini size.

I hope they did their homework and this thing works well but as of now I am not sure if I should wait and buy the new mini max or stick with my plan of buying a small this summer and picking up a cheap knock off mini.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options

better.

Yep!  Not trying to be a "homer" but the Visions are crap!  A good friend of mine bought one because it was "the same thing as a BGE only cheaper".  Well, he had part of it right.  Now he is spending most of his time with Permatex Ultra Copper trying to seal air leaks and figure out a new "daisy wheel" due to an unfortunate meltdown.

I'm not an old geezer at 52 but I have learned that the saying "you get what you pay for" is not bull$hit!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I think it will be priced between the small and mini. Positioning it between the mini and small would almost certainly kill the market for the small. The mothership is gonna make people pay for their addiction :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzy
    Options
    If the max dome has the same height as the small, the small is gone. The only thing that would be in the smalls favor will be the ability to run a longer cook. I'll do a butt on my small from time to time, so I do like that. I don't see a max in my future, but I'll buy one for my FIL.

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Options
    Shut up. Take my money.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    Perfect timing. Was holding out to see if that rumor on the forum was true. Looks to be so.... Ill hold out til june now to have a look
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    cazzy said:
    If the max dome has the same height as the small, the small is gone. The only thing that would be in the smalls favor will be the ability to run a longer cook. I'll do a butt on my small from time to time, so I do like that. I don't see a max in my future, but I'll buy one for my FIL.

pretty sure I read that the dome is 20" tall which is 7 inches shorter than the small I think.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos