Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BIG GREEN EGG INTRODUCES NEW MINI-MAX PORTABLE GRILL AT HPB EXPO IN SALT LAKE CITY

Options

Comments

• shadowcaster
    Options
    Perfect for deer camp.....
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Lit said:
    When has an egg purchase had to make sense in the past? I'm in for one and I have a small and a mini. I have to hoard my toys before I have one or 2 of those little things running around and I have to buy toys for them.
    Lol... Just wait until you have 3 of those little things and next toy you have to buy for one is a car  :((...  
    Of course, the oldest little thing is a girl and about 2 inches taller than me.  I feel your pain Little Steven. 

I won't get a KJ because they lied to me. I'll be all over this thing to go with the mini as long as there is enough separation with the medium, price-wise.
    When did KJ lie to you?  What's the story there?  

FWIW- BGE lied to @grege345 when he asked if there was a new mini in the works. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Prodraft
    Prodraft Posts: 22
    Options
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Looks good. I wonder if I'll see one at the EggFest in Athens TX. I know they will have an XXL there.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Turboencabulator???
    Santa Paula, CA
  • nysportsfan
    nysportsfan Posts: 241
    Options
    My fiance asked if I wanted anything on the wedding registry. I couldn't think of anything specific...until now. Let's hope someone loves this thing as much as I do. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    big lump grate, nice, small lower vent, needs fixing. my biggest complaint with the small is slow startup times because of that small vent, im halfway thru the first six pack before its up to temp. i like the size overall.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @fishlessman - Is it draft door size or the limited number of holes in the fire grate that cause the slow starts? I would think the 10.5 in fire grate will allow for fast start-up. I haven't used a small but a little bit of heat inside should create plenty of draw to get it hot with all those holes in the fire grate.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    This is FREAKIN AWESOME!!! Been kicking around between the mini or small to go with my XL, but now I don't have to worry. :D It will be a Max for me! Next time I drive by my local BGE dealer I will be dropping in to get mine coming to them. I would think price should land somewhere between mini and small.
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • fishlessman
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    @fishlessman - Is it draft door size or the limited number of holes in the fire grate that cause the slow starts? I would think the 10.5 in fire grate will allow for fast start-up. I haven't used a small but a little bit of heat inside should create plenty of draw to get it hot with all those holes in the fire grate.
    ive fooled around with the lump grate and still always slow starts, 45 to 60 min startup for me, i dont have that problem with any other egg than the small. if theres the slightest amount of moisture in the small it just doesnt light as quick as my large and i do believe its the lower vent size. i light it with a 500,000 btu weed burner so its not a lighting method either. i only use the small in the summer now
    fukahwee maine

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    ive fooled around with the lump grate and still always slow starts, 45 to 60 min startup for me, i dont have that problem with any other egg than the small. if theres the slightest amount of moisture in the small it just doesnt light as quick as my large and i do believe its the lower vent size. i light it with a 500,000 btu weed burner so its not a lighting method either. i only use the small in the summer now
    This is strange. I use a weed burner and mine is ready to cook in 10 minutes max. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Having trouble appreciating how much lump it will hold compared to a small. Will it be able to do low and slow or is this a tailgater for quick cooks? Looks like improved airflow for sure. Would need to figure out where to store it/set it up.. does it have a nest or is it placed on a countertop?

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• fishlessman
    edited March 2014
    Options
    hi54putty
    i have severe moisture problems where my eggs sit, the small seems to handle it the worst with startups. in the spring ill post a pic of the damage on the small from moisture, its unbelievable that it still stands. others with experience have had the same problems in the past with it, can yours get over 700 dome temp, mine cant and my large will hit 1200 dome
    fukahwee maine

• bgebbqfanatic
    Options
    Wow, wonder how heavy it is? Maybe I could get it into a canoe.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Wonder if they'll eventually discontinue the small and mini.?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This looks like the perfect second grill to go with my XL, anyone know the price?
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Retail store said no price and no release date yet.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options

hi54putty
    i have severe moisture problems where my eggs sit, the small seems to
    handle it the worst with startups. in the spring ill post a pic of the
    damage on the small from moisture, its unbelievable that it still
    stands. others with experience have had the same problems in the past
    with it, can yours get over 700 dome temp, mine cant and my large will
    hit 1200 dome

Nope. My max temp is 700 exactly...if everything is just right. Its sweet spot is 275-550. Having said all that, I still really like it overall. Would like to see your pics sometime. Mine is covered so weather really isn't an issue.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Pinkfacemark
    Options
    I will be ordering one as soon as my dealer can.  It is a PERFECT size for my 2 person household. 
    Large BGE from Normal, IL 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    so if it is the same grid size as a small, it would seem that a swing rack would work with a mini gri up top. You could cook a lot more on here than a mini if it will allow for small aftermarket accessories. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    I'd be interested in one of those for week night cooks. Looks like I'll have to ask for one for xmas.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    They just announced the mini max on there site today with the XXL
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    edited March 2014
    Options

guess I am going to have to start squirrelling some cash away, so the wife thinks it only costs 150

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    They just announced the mini max on there site today with the XXL

what site?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    That is great. As many others have already said, this just could solve the dilemma between mini and small.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • laserdoc85
    laserdoc85 Posts: 577
    Options
    Anyone call the mother ship and ask them how much they are
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yes they don't know when or how much
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll hang on to this one and send my mini to the beach house with my parents. June isn't quick here enough. I have 400 bucks from Christmas, now I know were to spend it.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I have been trying to decide which size to complement my large with, had decided on another large but this is intriguing. How are low and slows on the mini and small?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!