Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just sayin' eh.

Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited February 2014 in Off Topic
We are supposed to stop apologising for being competitive and have some swagger. Can't get used to that but.

There was supposed to be an attachment.

http://olympics.cbc.ca/medals/index.html
http://olympics.cbc.ca/medals/index.html

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I'm thinking of doing an after Olympics party and featuring food representative of the top 5 medal countries. Looks like Canada will be on the menu.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Whatever dude. No one in Canada cares yet.
    Curling is still in prelims and hockey isn't going in earnest yet.

I will say, the US women and Canadiennes have been quite impressive. I feel bad for the Suisse.
  • Eggcelsior
    I kid, I kid. Bilodeau and Co were quite impressive in the bumps.
  • Whatever dude. No one in Canada cares yet. Curling is still in prelims and hockey isn't going in earnest yet. I will say, the US women and Canadiennes have been quite impressive. I feel bad for the Suisse.
    Girls are playing. Bit of a nailbiter against the Fins today. That team has come a long way in four years. Incredible defense and goaltending.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Medals counts are for hosers.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Take off eh.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    I wonder if we will see a dual rematch of 2010 for the gold. Russians are the wildcard for the men's side, methinks. Home field advantage has been good to them so far in terms of athletes doing their best. That 15 year old figure skater was insane. She's winning way above her weight level.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Anyone who makes the movie Strange Brew deserves a medal or two
    Greensboro, NC
  • We're pretty deep in talent. You are too. Russians have two great lines if Datsyuk can play to his potential. They are in trouble on D and checking lines. I'd bet a repeat. I kinda hope Kessel gets the winner from van Riemsdyk.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Along these same lines, the NBC Olympics site friggin blows.
  • Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121

Well, we just lost our curling match with Switzerland and we were not that great last night with Germany either. So if anything, I am bummed out.

Canada, My second home.

• Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    Along these same lines, the NBC Olympics site friggin blows.
    Agreed, hard to find replays and live streams. It used to be a lot better for previous Olympics.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    edited February 2014
    There's even some good ole Newfie blood helping with the medal count in Figure skating.
    Go Kaetlyn Osmond from Marystown Newfoundland!!!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • My ol' cockerel, She forgot her "butt glue"......don't ask me how I know what that is. I didn't mind one little bit.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Gadfly said:
    Agreed, hard to find replays and live streams. It used to be a lot better for previous Olympics.

I just searched on Kotsenburg, trying to find the video of the kid's gold medal run. The search returns a bunch of videos, none of which are actually from Sochi. I found it eventually, but it's way more work than it should be.
  • Eggcelsior

Gadfly said:

I just searched on Kotsenburg, trying to find the video of the kid's gold medal run. The search returns a bunch of videos, none of which are actually from Sochi. I found it eventually, but it's way more work than it should be.

I'm surprised you're having so many issues. I've been using the live stream app on my phone and have been able to watch every event I want. I used the website today to watch the moguls and luge at work. Both have been flawless.
  • Eggcelsior
    LS, I am incredibly impressed by Adam Bilodeau. His words about his brother were quite beautiful. Says a lot about him as a person.
  • Eggcelsior said:I'm surprised you're having so many issues. I've been using the live stream app on my phone and have been able to watch every event I want. I used the website today to watch the moguls and luge at work. Both have been flawless.
    It may very well be decent for live streaming. It's just brain-dead when it comes to the search feature. For example, search on the name of just about any athlete who has won a gold medal (or any other) over the past couple of days. See what comes up and tell me I'm wrong.
  • App or PC?
    PC - the website.  
  • Eggcelsior
    I searched "Sage" and the Kostenberg Gold medal run and medal ceremony popped up, but overall it is a little wonky. I see what you mean by it pulling up old videos. I have only used it for live streaming. The app is much better. I can pull up "Full event replays" that show every event that has happened at the Olympics, based on date(there is no search feature). Once the event pops up, There are orange highlights along the timeline that show significant events during the video(runs in general, crashes, medal winning runs). If you long press the orange area, it tell you what the marker is highlighting.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    DMW said:
    I'm thinking of doing an after Olympics party and featuring food representative of the top 5 medal countries. Looks like Canada will be on the menu.
    Little Steven is coming to Texas (Salado Fest). I can see a problem  in that one can't buy moose in our stores. Just what do Canadian's eat?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I searched "Sage" and the Kostenberg Gold medal run and medal ceremony popped up, but overall it is a little wonky. 
    That's interesting because for me, neither of those items comes up when I search on "Sage".  At first you might think that based on the titles:

"Second Place Sage No More"

"Sage Kotsenburg throws down impressive run"

but in fact neither video is actually from Sochi.  

I'll have to check out the app, but the lack of global search is practically criminal negligence in this day and age.  

I honestly don't know what's wrong with NBC, because I've had similar issues using search with the app they put out for their regular TV shows.  It's not like the company lacks resources to put into decent IT development.  
  • John,

Try cbc.ca

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• At the son's place yesterday, Telus Optik TV has ten channels of feeds from Sochi - without commentary. First time I've ever seen that. We have commentator coverage from main CBC coverage, Rogers Sportnet coverage, TSN coverage, NBC coverage and now what I think is all the feeds from the media centre in Sochi. I need more TV's!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    edited February 2014
    CBC is supposed to be much much better than anyone else. something like 1500 hours vs 900 hours of coverage.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Canadians are such 'eh holes  :-*

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • John,

Try cbc.ca

I took a look.  Unfortunately, the entire website is in Canadian.  
  • I think there is a "Translate to murican" button in the lower left corner.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CBC is supposed to be much much better than anyone else. something like 1500 hours vs 900 hours of coverage.
    I will give our Canadian network credit, they do tend to cover all events, even one's where Canucks might not do so well. NBC of course covers American athletes, but sometimes you have no idea what else or who else is even at the Olympics, the viewer loses in the long run. 
    CBC is subsidized by the taxpayer, to the tune of about $1B per year. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!