Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just sayin' eh.

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    And we have the other Brian Williams. The one that makes a fraction of what the other one does.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    CBC is supposed to be much much better than anyone else. something like 1500 hours vs 900 hours of coverage.
    I will give our Canadian network credit, they do tend to cover all events, even one's where Canucks might not do so well. NBC of course covers American athletes, but sometimes you have no idea what else or who else is even at the Olympics, the viewer loses in the long run. 
    CBC is subsidized by the taxpayer, to the tune of about $1B per year. 
    NBC TV is USA-centric(for obvious reasons) but the live stream and replays they are showing the entire events from beginning to end. The moguls final from yesterday was very well done. The announcer for halfpipe has been the height of abysmal. He said the first guy down was a French competitor when in fact it was the forerunner testing the course. He started to exclaim that he run had no tricks until the lightbulb finally went off via the words falling out of his mouth. I can't call it speech, but it was compelling. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    LS, I am incredibly impressed by Adam Bilodeau. His words about his brother were quite beautiful. Says a lot about him as a person.
    I'm not well versed with all that is going on with the Olympics but  happened to be watching one of Bilodeau 's runs yesterday.  Camera panned to his brother whose reaction was one of the best things  ever seen on TV.  Pure unbridled joy and love.  Just beautiful. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Little Steven
    Options
    That worked well til the men's team got over there. It's jammed open with a stick now

Steve 

Caledon, ON