Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What did you get for Christmas?

Options

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    A meat grinder KitchenAid attachment, and some grilling gloves.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The wifey got me the PS4 and Xbox One in November and my in-laws surprised me with this today:

:D   

On Monday, I got me the Kitchen Aid Meat Grinder and Ice Cream Maker for my stocking   :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    bud812 said:
    lakewade said:
    A CGS Large Adjustable Rig with several options. An A-MAZE-N-SMOKER and dust and pellets.  (Both thanks to my very understanding and wonderful wife.)  A smoker cap.  All kinds of great BBQ rubs and stuff.  Two mini pizza stones.  I am a lucky guy.

Oh...and a hangover.

Merry Christmas all!
    Ya mean that cheep ass @centex got you nothing ????? [-(
    Who do you think gave me the hangover man?   ;-)

He actually got me a bunch of good stuff.  I have to retain plausible deniability however, so I can't list it here.  

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I got a kitchenaid mixer
    Greensboro, NC
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    @lakewade I never thunk about that.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I got an AR Customer combo, Maverick ET-733, Hi Que grate, some leather BBQ gloves, Lots of wood chips, Peugeot Salt and Pepper Grinders, Dizzy Pig sampler pack, and some Tim Smith Climax Moonshine.

My wife has been to good to me.

Plus I got some money from family. Now its time to figure out what else I need for my Egg. LOL 
    Any suggestions???
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone
  • Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I got an AR Customer combo, Maverick ET-733, Hi Que grate, some leather BBQ gloves, Lots of wood chips, Peugeot Salt and Pepper Grinders, Dizzy Pig sampler pack, and some Tim Smith Climax Moonshine.

My wife has been to good to me.

Plus I got some money from family. Now its time to figure out what else I need for my Egg. LOL 
    Any suggestions???

Well I just ordered an Adjustable Rig Extender w Crossbar & 16" Sliding D Grid Combo
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone
  • Springram
    Options
    Ten bags of Rockwood charcoal, welding gloves from the Ceramic Grill Store and a Cuisinart electric knife. 

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I got a 14 day land/cruise tour to Alaska. We will also spend a few days in Skiddymarker neck of the woods. Can't wait!
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Just a few small gifts.

imageimage
  • cazzy
    Options
    Just a few small gifts. imageimage
    Hell yeah, got your full frame bro!  Niiiiiiiice!!    \:D/
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Pretty simple... My mom got me some flavored olive oils and different mustards. My wife and daughter gave me a gift certificate to Hand & Stone, saying I need a message to relax, but that I'd never get one for myself.
    My mother also gave me a snowball crossbow, now I just need some snow to try it out LOL...
  • shadowcaster
    shadowcaster Posts: 620
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I got a new daisy wheel for my medium, the AR R&B combo a dome cover and a nice ceramic pepper mill. Yesterday I ordered the rig extender for the combo. I can't wait for it to come in, I am so excited!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Nikon D800 and 20mm prime.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• fairchase
    Options
    Guess everyone's been good this year ; since nobody go a bag of lump !
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @cazzy, I haven't been this excited on Christmas since  I got a SNES when I was 10. I thoroughly embarrassed myself running around the house. It was thoroughly worth it.

@Village_Idiot, Seems like our respective families were on the ball with the full frame goodness this Christmas season.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    I got 2 Smokewear stainless steel caps 1 for each Egg ,A-Maze-N-Smoker and all the flavors of smoking wood pellets and some Dizzy pig rubs.in the smoking pellets their was a bag of Mulberry wood pellets has anybody ever used them I have seen all kinds of talk on here about almost every kind of smoking wood but never anything on Mulberry 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I got a Smokeware cap for my large. 

Books: APL Serious BBQ and Guy Fieri's Book (Good ideas in there)

No controller for me.

Got a bunch of Non-Egging stuff as well.

Garnerville, NY
  • cazzy
    Options

Nikon D800 and 20mm prime.

Awesome Gary! What are you going to do with your D600?
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Related to cooking, I got a cooking apron and some gloves for handling hot surfaces.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • cazzy
    Options

@cazzy, I haven't been this excited on Christmas since  I got a SNES when I was 10. I thoroughly embarrassed myself running around the house. It was thoroughly worth it.

@Village_Idiot, Seems like our respective families were on the ball with the full frame goodness this Christmas season.
    Awesome man! What lenses do you have? I'm going to do metalic print all my favorite pics pretty soon. Excited! :D

You made me think about Christmas of 85 when my late mother gave my brother and I a NES. Best Christmas ever!!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Modernist Cuisine at Home, plus couple of bbq related fridge magnets!
    canuckland
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You know what I got for Christmas? Oh, it was a banner year at the old Squarepants family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said, "Hey, smoke up Bobby!"
    Gittin' there...
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    You know what I got for Christmas? Oh, it was a banner year at the old Squarepants family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said, "Hey, smoke up Bobby!"
    The 80's are strong with you, young Jedi.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I have shown it already on a couple posts, but I am very happy to get it; been trying for a year now.  A Tedrow Standard, seems like he is not taking any orders anymore.  The one with the dark bellows.  The other is a Tedrow Baritone I have had for a few years.
    Are you bringing that to the eggfest in Melbourne? I was going to skip this year and go to Eggtoberfest, but if you're bringing that thing I'll think twice about it.
    Dunedin, FL
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    double said:
    I have built 1800 pieces of Lego so far. Next set is another 1300 pieces... I love Lego :-)

I am down.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lakewade said:
    A CGS Large Adjustable Rig with several options. An A-MAZE-N-SMOKER and dust and pellets.  (Both thanks to my very understanding and wonderful wife.)  A smoker cap.  All kinds of great BBQ rubs and stuff.  Two mini pizza stones.  I am a lucky guy.

Oh...and a hangover.

Merry Christmas all!

I'm still not right....
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I scored huge.Mr's Centex was very spendy this year. clean living I guess. We got Modernist Cuisine at home, a CyberQ Wifi, some rubber high heat gloves (which I can only assume are for the bedroom), a fancy brisket and a vicious 2 day hangover from Lakewade and various other knick-knacks/gadgets.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @cazzy, right not I have a 50mm f1.4, 75-300 F4-5.6, and a 24-105 f4 L. I also have a bunch of old FD lenses from my AE-1. I'm going to snag the 35mm and 85mm primes to use for now. Next will be the 16-35mm f2.8 L II or Zeiss 21/2.8 ZE
  • Eggcelsior
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I scored huge.Mr's Centex was very spendy this year. clean living I guess. We got Modernist Cuisine at home, a CyberQ Wifi, some rubber high heat gloves (which I can only assume are for the bedroom), a fancy brisket and a vicious 2 day hangover from Lakewade and various other knick-knacks/gadgets.
    TFJ has a Brad Pitt fantasy, I see.