Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What did you get for Christmas?

Options
1235»

Comments

• jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    A bag of bourbon-soaked oak barrel wood bits. (~2x2inch) can't wait to use it.
    I used this to cook my Xmas ham.  Awesome...
    Columbus, Ohio
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Nice, forgot this thread was here. Kids got bikes, the wife got a fit bit, and I got mancessories.  And odds and ends all around as well.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

I got mancessories.  

Dude wipes?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

I got mancessories.  

Dude wipes?
    Those are for Valentine’s Day. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    @Dyal_SC let me know your thoughts on the Ridge please 
    Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    Related to the Ridge, paging @Ozzie_Isaac.  BTW- I had (key word) a Ridge but did not like it.  I was never really good with accessing the contents.  Went back to a leather (with money clip) front pocket wallet.  But just an opinion...
    Merry Christmas🎄
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Will let you know after a few days of use, @Dobie .  So far so good. Love the compact size, durability and minimalist feel. Haven’t used the money clip yet.  Feels a bit tight, so not sure how convenient that will be when trying to put cash away quickly.  I need to order the gps tracker for it. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    Dobie said:
    @Dyal_SC let me know your thoughts on the Ridge please 
    @lousubcap gifted me a Ridge Wallet.  I love it.  I have the money clip which I really like.

It took a few days to figure out best way to use it, get cards out, etc.  After 6 months+ I would get another one.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Thanks guys, I’ve been stuck between Lou and Ozzie’s world on this one. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Dyal_SC
    Options

Money strap feels very tight, but to be honest I rarely tote cash anyway. For reference, that’s a standard f-150 flip key fob next to it. Definitely smaller and lighter than I would have imagined. 
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Battery operated hand warmers for those cold days fishing on the lake.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,195
    Options
    I picked up a Rogue Hoe. 
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 689
    Options
    MotownVol said:
    Battery operated hand warmers for those cold days fishing on the lake.
    There must have been a excess of those. Pops liked them 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    I picked up a Rogue Hoe. 
    Rogue Hoes are much more fun than honest hoes. At least that’s what I’ve been told. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    FWIW, a lot of folks I know opt for keeping their cash and cards in a rubber band. Crude, but effective, I suppose. 
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options

Gift card to the meat market, which I used to buy a couple of filet’s for the wife and I.  A new egg table.  Dewalt 20v atomic powered ⅜” drive ratchet.  Bottle of Bookers small batch bourbon. New mahogany egg handle from Smokeware (running late). A few other do dads and some socks.   Great Christmas overall.  Loving the time off of work and spending time with the family and friends.  
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,195
    Options
    I picked up a Rogue Hoe. 
    Rogue Hoes are much more fun than honest hoes. At least that’s what I’ve been told. 
    When they are Rogue, it keeps it intersante. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    Too much skill-set for me.  @SamIAm2 you must have graduated at the top of your class.  Beautiful!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words @lousubcap. You ascribe more skill to me than I had at that time. The guitars we made were finished in cashew varnish by the instructor, who had studied in Japan under Masaki Sakurai of Kohno guitars. We all learned to use a lot of new to us tools and how to sharpen the ones we would use.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Thanks for your kind words @lousubcap. You ascribe more skill to me than I had at that time. The guitars we made were finished in cashew varnish by the instructor, who had studied in Japan under Masaki Sakurai of Kohno guitars. We all learned to use a lot of new to us tools and how to sharpen the ones we would use.

Just some context. Sakurai was a very well respected maker. Had a chance to buy one from a teacher years back, but was already suffering from GAS and ultimately referred it to a good friend, who still owns it to this day. 

A fine piece, @SamIAm2. You should be proud. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:

These picks from a woodworking friend who was in the guitar building class with me back in 2008. 
    The guitar I built back then.

Edit- hate that vanilla makes this full size dreadnaught look as small as a ukulele. Top photo was from an iPhone, bottom from a Nikon camera. Probably too much information for Vanilla.
     Cool!  The picks are a great solution to what to do with all these exotic wood drops one accumulates….nice work
    "What did you get for Christmas?" 

What are you twelve? I taught my kids a long time ago not to ask that question of anybody. It's uncouth

Don't let me be the smartest one among us.

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    I also got a drill. My old one had broken. And some candy.  And slim jims. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Among other things I filled my trunk with assorted tools. Dad and Mom are downsizing and moving to an above 55 subdivision. Later I will get their old sectional sofa that has been in several pictures that I have posted. The new house is smaller . Still plenty of tools, Dad is a bit of a hoarder, but my sisters families and descendants can take care of the rest. 

A niece brought me cookies from a Paris bakery, an odd name Oncle Hans. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @nolaegghead - my woodworking friend used to make all kinds of furniture for family and some oddball stuff but has downsized his shop and now is only interested in doing scroll saw wood working.  He is a very talented. What new projects are you planning now that your feet are on solid ground?
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.