Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Too funny- Admit it, this is you...

Wolfpack
Wolfpack Posts: 3,551

I saw this on another site and had to post-

Sorry I am apparently too computer illiterate to embed the file

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/84ne

Greensboro, NC

Comments

• Wolfpack

try again...

<iframe src="http://www.funnyordie.com/embed/c6a3d4b850" width="640" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:640px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c6a3d4b850/backseat-barbecue" title="'from Get To The Chopper, brianhenderson, and Jordan Bates">BBQ Prick</a> - watch more <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/" title="on Funny or Die">funny videos</a>      <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?app_id=138711277798&amp;href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funnyordie.com%2Fvideos%2Fc6a3d4b850%2Fbackseat-barbecue&amp;send=false&amp;layout=button_count&amp;width=150&amp;show_faces=false&amp;action=like&amp;height=21" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:90px; height:21px; vertical-align:middle;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
    </div>

Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack

last try...

<object width="640" height="400" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_c6a3d4b850"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=c6a3d4b850" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed width="640" height="400" flashvars="key=c6a3d4b850" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_c6a3d4b850" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:640px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c6a3d4b850/backseat-barbecue" title="'from Get To The Chopper, brianhenderson, and Jordan Bates">BBQ Prick</a> - watch more <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/" title="on Funny or Die">funny videos</a>      <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?app_id=138711277798&amp;href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funnyordie.com%2Fvideos%2Fc6a3d4b850%2Fbackseat-barbecue&amp;send=false&amp;layout=button_count&amp;width=150&amp;show_faces=false&amp;action=like&amp;height=21" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:90px; height:21px; vertical-align:middle;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
    </div>

Greensboro, NC
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    The wife lady warns me to keep my mouth shut when someone else is grilling. It's hard to watch failure.

I usually take my thermapen with me so at a min, my food won't suck.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Travis we must be married to sisters....too funny.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Wolfpack

@eggcelsior- thanks

show off

=))
    Greensboro, NC
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    The wife lady warns me to keep my mouth shut when someone else is grilling. It's hard to watch failure. I usually take my thermapen with me so at a min, my food won't suck.
    I don't take the Thermapen, but I do offer to help if the host looks to be overwhelmed. Travis, I'm pretty sure you would never come across as anything other than helpful. I've found that women are much more likely to listen and share their views, techniques than most guys are. Must be a male marking your turf thing. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935

I usually don't offer to help with the cook anymore. A friend of mine held a house warming party and wanted me to man the black box that burns things. I did as a courtesy, but realized why I never really got into gas grilling.

Everyone thanked me for the hockey pucks they were eating. I wanted to throw up.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    I typically offer to help while observing in a nonjudgmental (sometimes requires great restraint) way. This leads to 1 of 3 outcomes: 1) I learn something. 2) I am helpful. 3) I stay quiet and eat some subpar food. Usually it's a combination.
    The twist on this that I've experienced is that the wife will ask me to "help" the husband on the grill - which is code for "keep him out of trouble and teach him how to cook better on the grill".

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    My wife will send me over to the grill to make sure they don't "hockey puck" her food though.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Serious flashbacks to my younger days - when my father in law couldn't stand to watch me grill :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    The real reason the lid is made of heavy ceramic!   >:)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• ReldtiCDN
    ReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    I would of accepted the help.  BUT don't finger my meat! LOL
    Brampton, Ontario

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'll watch what's going on at the grill and when something's done, I'll grab it for me or SWMBO.  I'd rather eat off the vegetable tray than try to choke down a medium well ribeye that tastes like it was dragged through a camp fire.
    Hilarious! Close friends will just show me the meat and grill and let me cook, which they know I am most happy to do. Sometimes I will volunteer to work the grill if I know the hosts well enough. Otherwise I keep my trap shut and try to be a gracious guest.
    me too.....but I had to learn. I have been "that guy" but it's been a very long time. I still cringe thinking about it. A well done hockey puck with a free cold beer to wash it down amongst the laughter of friends is a great meal in my book. I'll take it any day.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Hilarious
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I just sit back and let them do their own thing unless they ask. If I know they don't know what they are doing before hand, I'll pick up something to eat on the way there.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited July 2013

I don't get invited to a BBQ where I don't have to cook.

No one wants to cook me any sort of dinner. BBQ or not.

• BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    I always get roped into BBQing.  Truth is I'm really not that good at it.  I have never been able to master the frozen patty.  Just cuz I'm fat doesn't make me a good cook.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • JRWhitee
    I will get sometimes "I know its not an Egg but"

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Met a guy today bought a $1600 gas grill. And was building an 800 square foot outdoor thing for it.
    I asked him if he looked st the big green egg and I got this dumb look. I Told him it was charcoal and he said he didn't have time for th at. I got to 400 today with clear smoke In 30 minutes. Not much slower than any gasser I have used.

said charcoal was too slow.

Oh well. More lump for us
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• JRWhitee
    It is amazing how much money a lazy man will spend on an inferior product to make inferior food.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    The problem has been solved by the fact we seem to host most BBQ events. Family members now set up summer events for my house on the assumption that  is where it is going to be if it involves the BBQ.

Unless asked, the only time I say anything is if the grillmaster is taking the spatula and squeezing the life out of the burgers.  No matter what your cooking style or grill type, that's a universal no-no.  Other than that, I figure I can have an extra couple beers and then I won't care as much about what I'm eating.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    I thought the egg would be slower but once I learned there is no going back. I cringe at going to bbq's that have gassers and people that flip the food every 3 minutes.

Garnerville, NY
  • I have 2 other good buddies who can sling it so I just sous chef for them or drink their beer while they work their asses off for me. have another buddy who wants to learn so I help him out on his little offset rig from time to time. Next door neighbor just got an egg last weekend so I'm on speed dial. Brisket camp this weekend :)

Most events end up here though. 

About every other Thursday I get the "what's up this weekend"? text. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ragtop99 said:
    The problem has been solved by the fact we seem to host most BBQ events. Family members now set up summer events for my house on the assumption that  is where it is going to be if it involves the BBQ.

Unless asked, the only time I say anything is if the grillmaster is taking the spatula and squeezing the life out of the burgers.  No matter what your cooking style or grill type, that's a universal no-no.  Other than that, I figure I can have an extra couple beers and then I won't care as much about what I'm eating.
    According to the Burger Lab on Serious Eats, you can smash the burger without loosing moisture (and moisture is prolly mostly fat) as long as you do it in the first 30 seconds to minute of cooking.  Fascinating site, Griffin I think mentioned it and i did a little reading there earlier today.  Premise was, why are there so many "smashed" burger joints where the burgers taste good?  Good scientific methodology.
    I have followed that stuff for a while. Cooks illustrated has a video of the smashing with a le creuset
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    I'll watch what's going on at the grill and when something's done, I'll grab it for me or SWMBO.  I'd rather eat off the vegetable tray than try to choke down a medium well ribeye that tastes like it was dragged through a camp fire.
    In a similar but decidedly different vein, I won't cook any red meat (except for burgers) for my in-laws. They like everything medium-well to well done and I just can't make myself do it!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.