Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    The Cen-Tex Smoker, the ingredients we like is as a mousse or whip topping on peach slices (either right out of the jar or sometimes dipped in coconut cream then dusted with cinnamon and browned in a skillet)  Call it Wham Bam Mousse. 
    for a 1/2 liter syphon: 
    1 cup heavy cream
    2 tsp powdered sugar
    1/2 tsp @Tjcoley vanilla or 1 tsp of the store bought crud
    1/2 oz each of: 
    Triple Sec (Grand Marnier if you live where alcohol sales are not a provincial business); 
    Sloe Gin; 
    Vodka;
    Amaretto. 
    Shake 5-6 times, let chill for a couple of hours. 
    Originally I started making this with SoCo rather than Triple Sec, I liked it but the boss prefers the sweetness of the Triple Sec. Sort of a take on the Alabama Slammer cocktail. 

Never used my syphon for anything but whipped cream. You have just opened a whole new world. Never even thought of adding alcohol. Taking it to the family reunion in a couple weeks for sure. My sister says the Vanilla was the best gift she got last Christmas. Will have to do another batch. You got the last of the 2012 vintage. In addition to Absolut, I also made some with Jack Daniels - totally different taste but also fantastic.
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    #-o done @cazzy

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013

#-o done @cazzy

Hey, I have one more question!!!

Me love you long time!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Bump
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Bump x2

In addition, my package ships Monday. I went bat sh!t crazy.

That is all.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker, the ingredients we like is as a mousse or whip topping on peach slices (either right out of the jar or sometimes dipped in coconut cream then dusted with cinnamon and browned in a skillet)  Call it Wham Bam Mousse. 
    for a 1/2 liter syphon: 
    1 cup heavy cream
    2 tsp powdered sugar
    1/2 tsp @Tjcoley vanilla or 1 tsp of the store bought crud
    1/2 oz each of: 
    Triple Sec (Grand Marnier if you live where alcohol sales are not a provincial business); 
    Sloe Gin; 
    Vodka;
    Amaretto. 
    Shake 5-6 times, let chill for a couple of hours. 
    Originally I started making this with SoCo rather than Triple Sec, I liked it but the boss prefers the sweetness of the Triple Sec. Sort of a take on the Alabama Slammer cocktail. 

oh my.........yes please
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I wonder what a whippet hit with all that booze would do......I mean....never mind. Carry on.
  • Chubbs

I got arrested for doing whippets in the grocery store one time. The cop close lined me off my skateboard on the rub isle. My mom was pissed!

Funny this topic came up. My FIL busted me doing a whippet after putting whipped cream on my key lime pie the other night. By the end of the night he was hitting them.
  • Chubbs said:
    I got arrested for doing whippets in the grocery store one time. The cop close lined me off my skateboard on the rub isle. My mom was pissed!
    Funny this topic came up. My FIL busted me doing a whippet after putting whipped cream on my key lime pie the other night. By the end of the night he was hitting them.

and this is why I love you. #circleoftrust
  • Chubbs
    :D. Centex, I will be at Salado next year. Can't wait to meet you. You better be there
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    For someone who doesn't drink alcohol... What's a whippet?

Chubbs. He will show up late, mesmerize the crowd with a brisket. Then tfj will captivate everyone with her charm.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chubbs
    You don't want to know. Immaturity at its finest
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Chubbs said:

Get your **** ass home and check the mail already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Chubbs, you're goddam right CT better be there. Otherwise, I driving directly to his house and jumping off the deck into the pool.
  • Chubbs

Chubbs said:

Get your **** ass home and check the mail already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tomorrow my friend.
  • Chubbs said:
    :D. Centex, I will be at Salado next year. Can't wait to meet you. You better be there

i'll be there
  • Chubbs, you're goddam right CT better be there. Otherwise, I driving directly to his house and jumping off the deck into the pool.

it is unwise to threaten centex with a good time. He will generally take you up on it.
  • henapple said:
    For someone who doesn't drink alcohol... What's a whippet? Chubbs. He will show up late, mesmerize the crowd with a brisket. Then tfj will captivate everyone with her charm.

huffing the nitrous out of whipped cream cans or chargers. weeeeeee! 13 year old fun time :))
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    henapple said:
    For someone who doesn't drink alcohol... What's a whippet? Chubbs. He will show up late, mesmerize the crowd with a brisket. Then tfj will captivate everyone with her charm.

huffing the nitrous out of whipped cream cans or chargers. weeeeeee! 13 year old fun time :))
    Funny you say this, my local London Drugs store keeps the Nitrous chargers under lock and key....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I was so happy when our lab stopped running flame atomic absorption spectroscopy.  Griffin knows what I'm talking about.
    Bump

About 1.5 hours from my house. I can smell some rubs and/or sauces on my porch...
  • Chubbs
    Well folks, back from vacation and appears Santa dropped by the house. I believe Santa is none other than Travis Strickland!! Thanks for the badass assortment. You really went above and beyond and was pumped to get some tastes of Texas. Package included Franklins espresso BBQ sauce and Texas style sauce, Blues Hog Smokey mountain and honey mustard sauce, salt licks chipotle BBQ sauce and oiginal dry rub, some candy Krispy jalapeños and some jalapeño stuffed olives. Thanks so much for the amazing package. We are having my sone 1st birthday cookout next weekend and cannot wait to put them to use. =D>
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Bump

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Chubbs
    Bump
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited June 2013
    How 'bout this for a *bump*....

HELL YEAH!  My elf (Scott aka @scooter759 ) delivered!   Got all this fine stuff and he's dragging a couple more items.

Three Little Pigs BBQ Rub
    Cookies Bar "B" "Q" Sauce
    Fusion Vintage Merlot gourmet salt
    Wee Willy's Mongolian BBQ grilling sauce
    Braswells's Merlot Wine Sauce
    Bootleg BBQ Sauce
    Wee Willy's Cuban Mojo grilling sauce
    Colorado Spice Chang Mai Fish and Fowl seasoning
    and a foodsaver bag of his own creation

Awesome!  Thanks man! ^:)^

@MrCookingNurse Are you going to post pics finally? I know you got it already!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257

Glad ya like it NOLA! Sorry in the delay in posting my haul from you NOLA, got your treasure chest last Thursday but was busy prepping for a weekend contest. You did me right. Every one of these is new to my pantry. I am seeing blackened walleye in my very near future! Here's my haul from NOLA everybody.

Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Chubbs
    Some good stuff going across state lines in this thing.