Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013
    Old Bay, sometimes forget it is in the cupboard - great on shrimp on the Bar-B. SWMBO always like it mixed in burgers, haven't done that for a few years. The great thing about this exchange is seeing all the stuff you know about, but haven't used for some time as you are too busy trying the new stuff out. 
    Skiddy, I made pulled pork for a office function and the wife told me "you better not take my Apple Butter BBQ Sauce".   =))

She said, "I have previously tolerated BBQ sauces, but I have finally found one that I enjoy".  

Thanks skiddy!  Homerun on your care package man!  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    cazzy said:

Old Bay, sometimes forget it is in the cupboard - great on shrimp on the Bar-B. SWMBO always like it mixed in burgers, haven't done that for a few years. The great thing about this exchange is seeing all the stuff you know about, but haven't used for some time as you are too busy trying the new stuff out. 

Skiddy, I made pulled pork for a office function and the wife told me "you better not take my Apple Butter BBQ Sauce".   =))

She said, "I have previously tolerated BBQ sauces, but I have finally found one that I enjoy".  

Thanks skiddy!  Homerun on your care package man!  

A happy wife is a happy life fo sho

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Mickey - you're welcome! I hope you enjoy everything! Something else that Old Bay is good on are potatoes, especially if you ever fry your own chips.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Acn said:
    Mickey - you're welcome! I hope you enjoy everything! Something else that Old Bay is good on are potatoes, especially if you ever fry your own chips.
    Got to try that. Thanks once more.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Old Bay really dresses up a standard tuna macaroni salad perfectly.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited June 2013
    @Cazzy - glad she likes it, the House of Q's is SWMBO's favourite. 

@Fred19Flintstone - Daughter uses Old Bay in her Tuna salad for sammies - never thought of using it in Tuna pasta salad or casserole - great idea. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited June 2013
    Old bay is one of my go-to spices for seafood.
    Old Bay is THE go-to spice for seafood. Steamed shrimp and crabs are one of the greatest meals on earth. All I need is laid-out newspaper and a butter knife for claw cracking. Heaven. 

EDIT: Well, unless you have a shellfish allergy. But that's sort of like being red-headed(no soul and what not)
  • pwg56
    pwg56 Posts: 93
    I actually love old bay on corn on the cob.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I've never used old bay either. Maybe I need to pick some up.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JaredMD
    JaredMD Posts: 59
    I was going to send some Old Bay in my package, but figured everyone had access to it.. up here in maryland a restaurant can put old bay on anything and people will go nuts for it.. there are a lot of questionable old bay combinations that we love but I can't see going over well outside of the state, but you can't go wrong with old bay on seafood or, like @pwg56 said, dusted on some corn on the cob that's been slathered in butter.
    XL BGE - Baltimore, MD
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    As a refresher, because it deserves it - @Tjcoley thanks again. 
    Tj's original package, contents pictured below, had a "not completely intact" bottle of Arooga's Almost Everything included. He insisted on sending another. Today, I received two bottles of Arroga's. Tom - you are a gentleman, thanks again!

BTW - the vanilla is extraordinary, used it with some adult ingredients in the syphon whipper, best whip cream we've ever had. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Pretty sure I might have to resend an item or two after the way I saw USPS throw the box like it was a bag of $hit
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

Tj's original package, contents pictured below, had a "not completely intact" bottle of Arooga's Almost Everything included. He insisted on sending another. Today, I received two bottles of Arroga's. Tom - you are a gentleman, thanks again!

BTW - the vanilla is extraordinary, used it with some adult ingredients in the syphon whipper, best whip cream we've ever had. 
    Details on the syphon whipper mixture?

I noticed in Philly they have "old bay seasoned french fries" in a few places.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• paqman said:

and the adult part. Tell it real slow...........

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

paqman said:

and the adult part. Tell it real slow...........

That's what I meant...

@Skiddymarker - in going through the thread, looks like my box was the only one that didn't come through intact.  I had to make it right.  Hope you enjoy.
    beteez Posts: 548
    2 weeks & no acknowledgment about the gift I sent
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    beteez said:

2 weeks & no acknowledgment about the gift I sent

I have messaged him bro
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    My stuff is going out via Fed-Ex tomorrow.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @cazzy, can you contact my elf that I have changed my address. What do I need to do?

XLBGE 
  • cazzy

@cazzy, can you contact my elf that I have changed my address. What do I need to do?

I'll let him know :wink::wink:
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
  • MrCookingNurse
    cazzy said:
    Your blowing my mind man.. but on a serious note, If it's not here by early next week I'll never see it.  If it hasn't been shipped, I need to update my address. 

XLBGE 
  • cazzy

cazzy said:

Your blowing my mind man.. but on a serious note, If it's not here by early next week I'll never see it.  If it hasn't been shipped, I need to update my address. 

I thought you were playing, you should have received your package by now...I think.
  • MrCookingNurse
    thats what I though too

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Pm'd you... @cazzy

XLBGE 
  • cazzy

Pm'd you... @cazzy

Answer your Elfster message Nurse Guy!
  • MrCookingNurse
    cazzy said:
    Pm'd you... @cazzy
    Answer your Elfster message Nurse Guy!
    Im way confused man

XLBGE