Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Work Here is Done.............

My next door neighbor's wife just asked me if I would mind keeping his new large in my garage until Father's Day. Mwaaaaa-haaaaaa-haaaaa. He's had a POS electric Brinkman that he's been sheepishly using for the last 3 years in the shadow of my egg (and his other neighbor's too) We are now officially 3 in a row and one guy behind us has one too.  I'm turning the neighborhood against gassers and crappy smokers one slice of brisket at a time. My work here is done, but tomorrow it starts anew. For anywhere gassers or electric smokers are in use, there is no rest for the wicked.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Watermelon Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Good job Cen-Tex!
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • pwg56
    pwg56 Posts: 93
    I think you have more BGE's on your block then there are in my state.
    :(
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Hooked my next door neighbor and my dealer rewarded me for the sale! Working on 2 guys across the street right now
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    I'm a convert due to a coworker.  Now I'm working on the rest of the employees here by bringing leftovers all of the time.  I just happen to fan the plate as I walk by their desk after reheating my lunch.  Working like a charm so far.
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited June 2013
    Hey, sounds like time to do shots and go swimming!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Yep, same with my street. Have been converting one backyard at a time.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Hey, sounds like time to do shots and go swimming!

Threaten me with a good time......
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Strong work, indeed. We have duelling eggs in these parts - I spotted one in a yard across the little lake/pond in the subdivision. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • You my friend, deserve a medal of honor. All of those peoples' food intake has improved tremendously. Great public service!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Hey, sounds like time to do shots and go swimming!

Threaten me with a good time......
    I forgot about the watermelon toss lol.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Way to go Green Egghead! We can all sleep well tonight knowing you are on the job!
    Flint, Michigan
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    How cruel.  I couldn't wait and my wife got me mine 2 weeks ago.  Good news - We have been eating very well and I have met you fine folks.  Bad news - I'm not getting anything on Father's Day but I'm not complaining.  I store my platesetter in my gasser.
    Milton, GA.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    I haven't had anybody directly by me get one that I know of but I have had many people drive by and talk about and say that I have convinced them. But now that I have multiple Eggs people don't see me as often since my back deck isn't nearly as exposed as the driveway. In a way I enjoy the privacy but in another way I miss the people randomly stopping and asking questions.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I got two of my army buddies to get one.

I was golfing in salado this morning and spotted 3 at 3 different houses.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    There's an egg on the front porch of this house about a quarter mile from us...I'm always amazed no one steals it (kind of a dicey hood, but prolly not stolen because no one knows what the hell they are). 

Last week I actually saw it being used.  Some guy was lighting it up and there were big colorful flames coming out (lid was up).  Took me about 3 seconds to recognize the unnatural nature of the fire....yep, lighter fluid (or gasoline).
    edited June 2013
    There's an egg on the front porch of this house about a quarter mile from us...I'm always amazed no one steals it (kind of a dicey hood, but prolly not stolen because no one knows what the hell they are). 

Last week I actually saw it being used.  Some guy was lighting it up and there were big colorful flames coming out (lid was up).  Took me about 3 seconds to recognize the unnatural nature of the fire....yep, lighter fluid (or gasoline).
    No, say it isn't so.  You owe it to the egg to do one of two things.  Rescue (i.e. steal) the egg from it's abusive owner or educate the owner.  I hope to see a thread from you telling us the story.    :-SS
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DIXIEDOG
    DIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    I can't say I've seen another Egg up here....there are a few semi local dealers so they must be around but I haven't seen any or run into anyone so far with an Egg.
  • I haven't had anybody directly by me get one that I know of but I have had many people drive by and talk about and say that I have convinced them. But now that I have multiple Eggs people don't see me as often since my back deck isn't nearly as exposed as the driveway. In a way I enjoy the privacy but in another way I miss the people randomly stopping and asking questions.
    This is #7 for me  :D

I'm a bit of a product champion.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Lit said:

I have contributed to sell a lot of eggs. Not sure how many really but atleast 4 in my neighborhood. One of our GCs we work with always talked to me about the egg when he came in the office and he finally ended up getting one for his house. Then he bought one for the shop. Then last Christmas he texted me this. He bought one for each of his employees.

That is some employer
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited June 2013
    I finally converted my dad this week!! He's building an outdoor kitchen and was looking into some pretty shiny pricey gassers and charcoal built ins. He came over last weekend and used and ate off my egg. He's been hard as a rock against them ever since a buddy of his bought one and shouldn't even have been aloud to cook in a microwave.

Well, I just got off the phone with my dealer and have dad set up to pick up a large and some accessories this Saturday

<:-P

This is my second egg sale, my father in law is next!

XLBGE 
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    My next door neighbor's wife just asked me if I would mind keeping his new large in my garage until Father's Day. Mwaaaaa-haaaaaa-haaaaa. He's had a POS electric Brinkman that he's been sheepishly using for the last 3 years in the shadow of my egg (and his other neighbor's too) We are now officially 3 in a row and one guy behind us has one too.  I'm turning the neighborhood against gassers and crappy smokers one slice of brisket at a time. My work here is done, but tomorrow it starts anew. For anywhere gassers or electric smokers are in use, there is no rest for the wicked.

Guilty as charged.  Friends on either side of me have a BGE on their wish list.  I strive to follow in your footsteps - well done sir!
  • Lit said:

I have contributed to sell a lot of eggs. Not sure how many really but atleast 4 in my neighborhood. One of our GCs we work with always talked to me about the egg when he came in the office and he finally ended up getting one for his house. Then he bought one for the shop. Then last Christmas he texted me this. He bought one for each of his employees.

wow! That is awesome.

• I finally converted my dad this week!! He's building an outdoor kitchen and was looking into some pretty shiny pricey gassers and charcoal built ins. He came over last weekend and used and ate off my egg. He's been hard as a rock against them ever since a buddy of his bought one and shouldn't even have been aloud to cook in a microwave. Well, I just got off the phone with my dealer and have dad set up to pick up a large and some accessories this Saturday <:-P This is my second egg sale, my father in law is next!
    oooh- forgot about FIL- That's 8!

• SickEyeDiaz
    SickEyeDiaz Posts: 162
    I've had my experiences with crappy Brinkman smokers. They get the job done but it's a full time job keeping them hot and smokey not to mention the cost of coal and woodchips.

I think my friend may be getting a BGE too...even though he basically tried to talk me out of it less than a week ago!
  • Ha ha. Just saw this by the curb. Took him a while but the conversion is complete. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2015
    That's very admirable man. People helping people. I know my neighbors (although weren't not physically close in proximity like some intercity homes) smell the cooking and it'll spark conversation of Q and the BGE always gets a plug. 
    https://youtu.be/3iQTvJIGArc

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    My neighbors all love the food off of my Egg, at least they say so when we have them over, and every time I have it in the driveway firing it up they always ask what I'm cooking but none of them have any interest in buying one.  Most of them don't even grill that much themselves, unlike my wife and I who have been known to fire up the grill everyday of the week...  The one guy that does a lot of grilling is too cheap and has said a few times he can't believe how much I spent on one grill.  He also only really does burgers, dogs, and the occasional boneless skinless tasteless chicken breast on his grill.  I just smile, nod and ask him how many of the cheap gassers he's gone through over the years and tell him I spent the same one grill that will last longer than all those gassers.  He still doesn't get it, most don't and won't because they've gotten so used to seeing the grill as something disposable/easily replaceable.  All the neighbors keep asking when the next cookout is that I'm hosting though.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA