Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 EggHead Forum Rub & Sauce Exchange

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Just got back from the post office. Package from here to Peoria IL was 23.00.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

Just got back from the post office. Package from here to Peoria IL was 23.00.

What about a gift certificate?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    What a fun idea. 
    Kind of a drag being excluded though :(

Seems like if the participants were from this area they could include dizzy in their package....right? Oh well. 

Actually, for the first time in dizzy history, it is an honor to be excluded! hehe

Hope some BGE Dizzy Gourmet is flying around. Can't exclude that!

Happy cooking (and rub/sauce exchanging) to all.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013
    What a fun idea. 

Seems like if the participants were from this area they could include dizzy in their package....right? Oh well. 

Actually, for the first time in dizzy history, it is an honor to be excluded! hehe

Chris
    Chris, when I said "The majority of us have and love DP, so try to avoid it", I am speaking from 1st hand experience!!   :D

It should be an honor, cause your product is the best IMO!  However, there are some participants that have requested Dizzy Pig products in their Wish List.  I was unaware that you weren't available to some individuals so my mistake.

Actually, i'd love you to participate cause maybe there is a secret rub you haven't released.  lol  When are you getting into the sauce game?? haha
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    What a fun idea. 

Chris
    @Nature_Boy
    Further to what Cazzy said - There is a place on the Elfster profile where each member can indicate their "wishlist", many have and DP is on it. If anyone wants to try a specific DP product all they have to do is note it in their wishlist. I can get DP so I've asked for anything local, certainly not a shot at DP, I already have a bunch. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    What a fun idea. 

Chris

Yeah but you get that free.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    What a fun idea. 

Chris
    Sign up if you pick me you are welcome to send me your product ;-) seen as I dont seem to be able to find it locally.
    Lynnwood WA
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669

What a fun idea. 

Chris
    I would not mind receiving DP products... I live in Canada and the only DP products I can find are Dizzy Dust and Raging River. I also made a special order of Jamaican Firewalk but I had to purchase 8 bottles. I also managed to put my hands on an old bottle of cow lick and raising the steak but that's it... That being said I am not sure what I would send in return. The only local rub worth mentioning (pretty good actually) would be Schwartz's (Montreal smoke meat house).

I clearly made a mistake here...so anyone who would like Dizzy, PLEASE add it to your Elfster Wish List.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @paqman - I'd kill for some Schwartz's mustard or chip seasoning (fries for the Americans). Best smoked meat there is. I've used their chicken seasoning, but never the beef - you don't mess with perfection. Sign up, $25 of Schwartz's would be welcome. (I lived in Brockville for 16 years, Montreal was a quick 2 hour drive) 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    @paqman - I'd kill for some Schwartz's mustard or chip seasoning (fries for the Americans). Best smoked meat there is. I've used their chicken seasoning, but never the beef - you don't mess with perfection. Sign up, $25 of Schwartz's would be welcome. (I lived in Brockville for 16 years, Montreal was a quick 2 hour drive) 
    @Skiddymarker  Where do you live now?

@paqman - Delta, BC. Been here since '86. Two stops for an Expo or Habs game, the Bar-B-Barn and Schwartz's. One was on Rue Guy, can't remember which one. 
  • Wchapman74
    Wchapman74 Posts: 52
    I'm in as well.
    how do we know who to exchange with?
  • cazzy

I'm in as well.

how do we know who to exchange with?
    We will find out after the sign up deadline. Currently, it's set to May 27th, but I likely will extend it till May 31st so we get as many people in as possible.

I'm working with WPB at greeneggers to get it set as a Sticky until the sign up deadline.
  • cazzy
    Hey guys, I have changed the sign-up deadline to May 31, 2013.  I have worked with the webmaster at GE and they are going to make my thread a sticky until the deadline possibles.  That will hopefully help get us some more participants.  

Our ship date still is 6/28/2013 for US shipments.  Little Steven or any other Canadian participants, when should we ship your packages out?

• cazzy
    michael hawks

Please add your handle to your Elfster profile.  Your e-mail is not valid.
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    @travisstrick

Are you going to play with us bro??   Everybody is doing it...but no pressure.   :D
  • Little Steven
    cazzy said:
    Hey guys, I have changed the sign-up deadline to May 31, 2013.  I have worked with the webmaster at GE and they are going to make my thread a sticky until the deadline possibles.  That will hopefully help get us some more participants.  

Our ship date still is 6/28/2013 for US shipments.  Little Steven or any other Canadian participants, when should we ship your packages out?

I sent a package out yesterday and it was 4 business days. It was in return for a package I got and USPS told the guy 8 days and that is what it took.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    cazzy said:
    Chris, when I said "The majority of us have and love DP, so try to avoid it", I am speaking from 1st hand experience!!   :D

It should be an honor, cause your product is the best IMO!  However, there are some participants that have requested Dizzy Pig products in their Wish List.  I was unaware that you weren't available to some individuals so my mistake.

Actually, i'd love you to participate cause maybe there is a secret rub you haven't released.  lol  When are you getting into the sauce game?? haha
    Just funning with y'all. It is indeed an honor to have a product that ya'll appreciate. I do have a few new ones up my sleeve that are nearly ready. :-) Cheers!! Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Just funning with y'all. It is indeed an honor to have a product that ya'll appreciate. I do have a few new ones up my sleeve that are nearly ready. :-) Cheers!! Chris
    I think Chris should sign up and draw my name.  $25 limit is wholesale cost not retail cost :):).  Experimental new rubs are welcome.  

Of course, Chris would be hard to buy for!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    cazzy said:
    michael hawks

Please add your handle to your Elfster profile.  Your e-mail is not valid.
    Dammit Hoss!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    double said:
    Next group buy! Dizzy Pig
    Oh hell yeah!!!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    I think Chris should B.O.A.R. (Bust Out Another Rub)
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I think @natureboy should hook me up with some Dizzyfest tickets since I procrastinated  [-O<

I promise to spend prodigiously on rubs that already exist. No BOARs needed!
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I'm thinking (that don't happen often) about adding a bottle of one of our great local wines to my care package as a kicker. Does anybody know about the rules & regs of shiping adult beverages ? I assume that we are all old enough to drink. (burrrp) I'm not sure if I can do that to Canukastan or not if I get one of our northern friends.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    bud812 said:
    I'm thinking (that don't happen often) about adding a bottle of one of our great local wines to my care package as a kicker. Does anybody know about the rules & regs of shiping adult beverages ? I assume that we are all old enough to drink. (burrrp) I'm not sure if I can do that to Canukastan or not if I get one of our northern friends.
    I wouldn't claim it. I don't think it is Kosher with the USPS etc.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Send me a few and we'll see...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    So how does this actually work.  When do I send my $25 of goodness to someone and how is it selected who I send it to?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $