Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Video Review: The Grill Barrow

My YouTube Video Review of The Grill Barrow: http://youtu.be/HeWaXqFefCc

I think this table is a perfect solution for moving a ceramic Kamado around when you need to traverse uneven terrain or surfaces rougher than your deck or patio.  I am very impressed with its performance just rolling it around my yard!

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Did I just see this thing is $750? If yes, please ignore my previous post.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    For egg owners who need the portability of their egg, I think this rig is a good solution since it has large wheels to safely transport their egg around the property. The only issue I can see is SAFETY! Since it has three wheels, it is less stable than a four wheel table, so balance and common sense must be part of it's construction and use.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    $750? Pass.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • IrishDevl
    Kosko said:

$750.00 ? Instead of the grill barrow to move my egg to the other side of the house, I will buy another egg and leave it on the other side of the house!

That is the way to do it, when I drop my egg using my $20 wheel barrow I will just use the brand new one sitting next to it
  • JMSetzler
    JMSetzler Posts: 75
    For egg owners who need the portability of their egg, I think this rig is a good solution since it has large wheels to safely transport their egg around the property. The only issue I can see is SAFETY! Since it has three wheels, it is less stable than a four wheel table, so balance and common sense must be part of it's construction and use.
    The table only has two wheels but it is very stable.  I believe it would take a rather extreme measure of irresponsibility to turn this table over accidentally. 
  • IrishDevl
    Let me get this straight, nice wheels, some screws, a cutting board with a hole in it and some other stuff for $750? You sure they don't need to move the decimal one to the left?
  • I think that is a fair price. Those solid wheels are not cheap and there is some labor applying the coating to the tubing. Cutting the plastic to the right size with proper placement over the axle is another issue. If you have all of the tools, can source all the materials, and have a week of time that is worth less than $750 then it would be a good DIY project. But relative to the price of commercial egg tables I would say this is a great option.
  • The rig does look a bit top-heavy. I bet it could tip going around the side of an incline. I would use a second person to help until I was sure.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    No thanks for $750. I would rather throw some large wheels on my nest and add a nest handler. Use the rest o buy a small egg or some meat. To each his own. I guess
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    henapple said:

I'm in the buy another egg group. that white top will get trashed. I stopped in my old egg dealer to get some dizzy dust... she bombarded me with the kj. I explained to her I have a lbge... she wouldn't let up. I finally **** slapped her. I said, " do you know who I am...? I'm henapple". she cowered away.

Hahah. Had any PBRs today, Hen?
  • Chubbs
    @JMSetzler, what happened to your char broiler "egg". She didn't last too long I see. When did you go with KJ?
  • This looks like a fine product.  The price is off-putting.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    $750? That's a lot of mangrates!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Chubbs said:

henapple said:

I'm in the buy another egg group. that white top will get trashed. I stopped in my old egg dealer to get some dizzy dust... she bombarded me with the kj. I explained to her I have a lbge... she wouldn't let up. I finally **** slapped her. I said, " do you know who I am...? I'm henapple". she cowered away.

Hahah. Had any PBRs today, Hen?
    why yes... yes I have. >:)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    $750? That's a lot of mangrates!
    I think you may be on to something there. Perhaps the new currency of the forum should be mangrates, or mangrate equivalent (MGE).  So a thermopen would be about MGE1.25, while a starter swing grate would be about MGE2.1.  At close to MGE10, I'll bet the Grill Barrow would be hard to get by SWMBO.

Unfortunately this currency only takes into account the suggested retail price, and not it's true value relative to other egg-toys. 
    Mamaroneck
  • biznork
    biznork Posts: 112
    That price is just stupid
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    You could buy a used vehicle and an egg, cut the vehicle up and turn it into a mobile unit you can drive around with a radio and ac for that price
  • JMSetzler
    Chubbs said:
    @JMSetzler, what happened to your char broiler "egg". She didn't last too long I see. When did you go with KJ?
    I still have it.  It still works as good as it did the day I got it.  I got the Kamado Joes back near the end of the year...
  • Chubbs
    Good deal man. I like your videos.
  • JMSetzler
    Chubbs said:
    Good deal man. I like your videos.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited April 2013

With $750, I would buy the john deere trailer for the tractor, bolt the nest on it and wheel and deal in style. Its also Green. :D

Please.... Don't tell me you do not have a John Deere.

:D

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    The accessory for strapping down the egg for transit seems cool. Not $750 cool though. SWMBO saw me watching the video and said " what the heck is that it's ugly"
    Lynnwood WA
  • JMSetzler
    double said:
    The accessory for strapping down the egg for transit seems cool. Not $750 cool though. SWMBO saw me watching the video and said " what the heck is that it's ugly"
    It's definitely not designed to be a show piece on a deck or patio.  It's purely a utility product.
  • IrishDevl
    JMSetzler said:

double said:

It's definitely not designed to be a show piece on a deck or patio.  It's purely a utility product.

I like your reviews, but $750 for a utility is just plain ridiculous. Was there anyone thinking about the market when they designed this thing?
  • JMSetzler
    IrishDevl said:
    double said:
    I like your reviews, but $750 for a utility is just plain ridiculous. Was there anyone thinking about the market when they designed this thing?
    Yes.  They have put a lot of thought into that.  They have a very specific target market in mind.  That market is not made up of the average backyard kamado cooks.  Most of us have no need or desire to move our kamados off the patio or deck they sit on right now.  The responses in this thread, no matter how harsh they are, show that there aren't many here who understand the product or its target market.  I posted this video review here knowing what to expect.  Where I personally see benefit in it, other than the ability to move a heavy grill over soft ground, is with the mobility options it offers in the realm of competition bbq, tailgating, or cooking with your kamado at a remote location. 

Whether or not $750 is ridiculous is quite relative.  Most kamado owners aren't typically poverty stricken or they would be cooking on cheaper grills to begin with.  We all have our fascinations where we will spend money.. more money than the minimum required to get the job done.  As kamado owners, I think we all fall into that category.  I love my kamados but I can produce great barbecue and grilled food on a Weber kettle also.  Sure it takes a little more work, but the kettle costs a fraction of what a ceramic kamado costs.  So before you call someone ridiculous for thinking about spending $750 on a cart that they might like and find useful, ask yourself how ridiculous you might look in the eyes of someone else for spending what you spent on your kamado.  Does the relativity start to come into the light now?

It might be simpler to just avoid commenting on something like this if you don't think it suits you.  It's not really necessary to get up tight about it :)

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    I agree with what you say. Most folks on here probably have the skills to rig something up to do this job. And if you have to move it a lot and have the cash why not. It's definitely not something average joe is going to want to have in his backyard.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    I have a mini and a CARTen that travels very safely.  The mini and the small live on the back porch, just outside the breakfast room.  
    The small is in a nest, but it has never left the porch.   The Large in in a SS table on the lower patio.  The table has wheels but I have never moved it.  
    At  family gatherings I have no problem with any of the egg's location.. People always gather near the food. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx