Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nice Gift From Village Idiot

Gary 'Village Idiot' Willson knows how to do some really neat things and often shares them with others. Spring Hen and I were on the lucky end this time. He gave us this:

I love Vanilla so this is going to get used on something special.

Thanks Gary and Pam.

Spring "Plain Vanilla Is My Favorite" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Let it age a few months!
    Don't listen to Nola.  He'll have you meat glue the bottle to a live nutria and then put the result into the sous vide. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I give VI a hard time (just feel its my job). There is nothing I would not do for him. Gary and Pam thank you very much. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    Don't listen to foghorn - he'll an emergency tracheotomy on the vanilla extract, and suture the tracheostomy tube to a delicious bacon wrapped chunk of pineapple and shrimp. ;)

Delicious dish, my friend....and your son was a tireless and cheerful contributor!

"he'll an emergency tracheotomy on the vanilla extract, and suture the tracheostomy tube to a delicious bacon wrapped chunk of pineapple and shrimp"

You say that like it would be a bad thing. 

I'm thinking we could probably do something like that next year... especially with Fleurdelirious to assist me so she can get some mileage out of that second nursing degree.  We could take the culinary arts to a whole new level through surgical gastronomy.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Awesome concept, I think you're on to something here....

Also, thanks VI and C-T for the lovely gifts...

"he'll an emergency tracheotomy on the vanilla extract, and suture the tracheostomy tube to a delicious bacon wrapped chunk of pineapple and shrimp"

You say that like it would be a bad thing. 

I'm thinking we could probably do something like that next year... especially with Fleurdelirious to assist me so she can get some mileage out of that second nursing degree.  We could take the culinary arts to a whole new level through surgical gastronomy.

@foghorn As a cardiac nurse, I could offer my services to everyone when they undergo their post-fest angiogram or bypass.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

:))
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @fleurdelirious
    You work in a cardiac care unit? I'm a cath lab nurse. I love dropping patients off and saying "let me let your nurse get that for you"
    B-)

About to have to go back to the ICU for the schedule and not looking forward to call lights and bed pans at all. 5 years of that was enough.

XLBGE 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Thanks Gary and Pam for the wonderful gift.  It really smell wonderful.  I sorry Pam could not make it, she was missed.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • @MrCookingNurse As long as you don't leave me with a huge hematoma to deal with, I'm cool with that. Was offered a supervisor position a couple weeks ago, but turned it down. Three 12-hr shifts a week and no call vs. Five 8-hr plus shifts and 24/7 call .... No contest.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    nola- I see that a few lines of meat glue are missing...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

OK, if we can get past this and not get closed down.......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Awesome concept, I think you're on to something here....

This is greatness.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    How awesome is VI? Well, after finding out I couldn't make the fest, he went out of his way to ensure I received the gift he had for me.

Thank you so much for everything Gary! You're a awesome dude and I now realize everything Travis and Cen said about you is poop.

:D:D:D
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....