Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Road trip to Salado from NOLA!

Comments

• RoundTowner
    RoundTowner Posts: 125
    Mickey....I'm sure the pavilion will fill up quick ..,, should we bring shade?
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited March 2013
    Staying tuned for updates have a great time truly looks like eggfest heaven is going to occur.
    Seattle, WA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Yeah...you're jealous.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Cannot wait for a review on the mangrates. I want a picture of Mickey cooking with the Mangrates and giving a thumbs up or thumbs down for the official review. Do it. Now. Okay, thanks. \m/
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited March 2013
    @Hap, chug it, chug it.

Gotta love Guinness. I went to Ireland on my honeymoon and toured the factory. Cool place
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Is this going to be the official Salado Eggfest documentary thread?  If so,

:SUBSCRIBE:
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    It's about 7:10 there & I'll bet that none of them can stand up. Wish I were there.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    I'll Drink to that!!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Let the good times roll!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    @nolaegghead as we say back home "Las Bon Ton Roule CHER!!" Enjoy my friend wish we were there.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Dance like nobodys watchin...lol!!!
    Have fun!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414

Henapple - for your pass back through the state - Harps has restocked.  They've got Ozark Oak on two aisles now.  They had over fifty bags on the shelves tonight, and the price dropped a bit to $4.98.  Bring your trailer.

Have fun all! 

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @LDR
    4.98$ a bag??? What lbs??

XLBGE 
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    edited March 2013
    It's the 10# bag - I think that's the only size for it.  It seems Harps gets some kind of deal on it.  Ozark Oak is produced here in Arkansas, but Harps is the only place that carries for less than $10.  And this is a small grocery store - not one of the mega-marts.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    That is pretty cool. It's pretty pricey here. RO from Wally World is a few $ cheaper

XLBGE 
  • RoundTowner
    RoundTowner Posts: 125
    Get up early.....we're bringing guitars!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Was a great food and drink filled pre party. All the food was excellant. It was great to put face with forum names. Travis'sausages were the mighty tasty. Nola' s music mix was spot on. The fest made front page.
    For all who could not make it, pencil in next year. Mickey really knows how to throw a preparty
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Was a great food and drink filled pre party. All the food was excellant. It was great to put face with forum names. Travis'sausages were the mighty tasty. Nola' s music mix was spot on. The fest made front page. For all who could not make it, pencil in next year. Mickey really knows how to throw a preparty

Travis had sausage? Nola had music? What the hell party did I go to?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    edited March 2013
    Micky, you were "front page"!!!! ;;) Have fun, I'm enjoying the posting. Wish I was there.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Mickey left too early. The sausage was excellent. As of 9:30 when my son and I left everybody still had all their clothing. limbs, and red blood cells.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Got to come to the heart of Texas and join us. Would bet Nola, henapple and a few other are about to call it a night now (6:42a) and ready to get to the park for the Fest ( only thing standing in the way of the big party tonight).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Waking up to the sun rising over Stillhouse Hollow Lake, where we camped last night. Air in the mattress started giving out about 4am, and I've had to pee like a racehorse since about 5:30am. My molars are drowning. But I'm stuck in the car for a little while longer, coz its nice and snug inside.

See y'all in a couple of hours!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Well, I got a few hours sleep at least.

SWMBO made breakfast reservations at the inn, so I'm not gonna cook in the first wave.
    Was a great food and drink filled pre party. All the food was excellant. It was great to put face with forum names. Travis'sausages were the mighty tasty. Nola' s music mix was spot on. The fest made front page. For all who could not make it, pencil in next year. Mickey really knows how to throw a preparty
    Sorry just had to disagree w/ the X rated review of Travis
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Don't cook beside Travis. I'm sick of hearing this ****...Travis, that's the best tuna dip ever, Travis, i have to have some more, Travis, you a bge god, Travis sign my egg....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    We're HERE!!! 
    Thank you Lord, the highways of the southern USA are now safe (until the overfed, hungover return "migration" begins)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:

Don't cook beside Travis. I'm sick of hearing this ****...Travis, that's the best tuna dip ever, Travis, i have to have some more, Travis, you a bge god, Travis sign my egg....

Single ladies: Travis, will you be the father of my children?

Mrs. Travis: Nola! Get SWMBO over here with that knife! Someone needs to be taught a lesson!