Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Old Standby London Broil...

Options
Yes I know that is a cook, not the cut.  Quick, easy, and cheap.

Rubbed with McComack Montreal, done raised grid at 400-500 for about 7 minutes a side until the internal was a bit over 130.

Served with baked potatoes and salad out of our garden.  In violation of the it-didn't-happen rules I have no pics of the salad.  We ate it while Egging.

Very tender and juicy.  A touch salty, as I was too generous with the rub.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Pics

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    hapster said:
    I love the Montreal seasoning. It's great on popcorn as well.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That's some nice lookin' beef, Doc!  That jigger of Jamesons looks inviting as well.  Doing popcorn in your WS veggie basket?  Dammit!  That tears it!  Now I want one!  Your toys are costing me some dough.  I bought my SS platter from Sur La Table because of the one you had.  Nachos are great on that, but I like cooking pancakes on that the most!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Beef looks great
    +1 on the Jameson
    +1 on the WS veggie basket
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I bought my SS platter from Sur La Table because of the one you had.  Nachos are great on that, but I like cooking pancakes on that the most!
    I like cooking fish on the SS, but it has become stained.  Have you figured out how to bring the shine back?

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    That's some nice lookin' beef, Doc!  That jigger of Jamesons looks inviting as well.  Doing popcorn in your WS veggie basket?  Dammit!  That tears it!  Now I want one!  Your toys are costing me some dough.  I bought my SS platter from Sur La Table because of the one you had.  Nachos are great on that, but I like cooking pancakes on that the most!
    I was in a Williams Sonoma outlet on Monday, and they had the baskets in stock.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

I bought my SS platter from Sur La Table because of the one you had.  Nachos are great on that, but I like cooking pancakes on that the most!
    I like cooking fish on the SS, but it has become stained.  Have you figured out how to bring the shine back?

No. I just consider that seasoning. Otherwise it would drive me bonkers! I'm gonna order the basket tonight. Shhhh! Don't tell Wilma!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options

Better get two!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Why two? Small capacity?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options

Actually I was pulling your chain, but I do have two in case I want to do two different things.  They are big enough to hold enough veggies for 4+ good servings.

Only drawback is the lid does not fit tight enough to toss the veggies by shaking the baskets.  I use my big wok spoon to toss things in them.

After a cook, when they are cool, but them in water in the sink and they clean up easily.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Two will fit in an XL, one in a LBGE, and they will not fit in a MBGE.

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Two will fit in an XL, one in a LBGE, and they will not fit in a MBGE.
    Good info, thanks Doc, as always a fountain of information. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    How do you do popcorn without a secure lid? That would make it tough to shake like Jiffy Pop, wouldn't it?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    It is secure enough for that.  The problem with veggies is if you really try to shake it around they leak out the side.  It is easier to just stir them.  Worked just fine for the popcorn.  Go light on any oil you use, and be prepared for smokey flavor.