Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Blendtec pitcher and recipes?

2»

Comments

• I'm going to get smoothie goodies today. I've burnt through every piece of fruit and veggie in the house.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • I'll give it a shot.  Mangos suck to seed and skin.
    They are good. I go organic when I can but I'm not that picky about it. They are really bright and flavorful. I do it that way just why you say, they are a PIA to seed and skin. Also, you don't need to add ice when you add frozen fruit. As a matter of fact, don't, it will be way too icy. I nuke them for about 30-60 seconds and that seems to be the magic number for perfect frozen drink texture. Just add tequila............think I might tonight :)

When I do a full batch of smoothies, I do 8-10oz water and 1.5 cups frozen fruit and blend it up. Creamy, but not thick. can pour but clings to a spoon. Seems to work ok for me. Would need to adjust the water for amount Triple Sec and Tequila added. Think I'll try tonight and will let you know. I have a big bag of mango staring at me as we speak.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to get smoothie goodies today. I've burnt through every piece of fruit and veggie in the house.
    I buy the CM Organic Mixed Berries from HEB for my smoothies. nuke the bag for 60 seconds then add to 8-10 oz of water. Hit the smoothie button and it will be perfect. If you add powder, I do it in a few quick pulses after the fruit is ready.

Buy some frozen strawberries and frozen mango and do 50-50 strawberry mango smoothies (or margaritas as discussed above) the same way. Cash money.

• Dalla dalla bills, y'all.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Dalla dalla bills, y'all.
    that made me think of this

Dolla Dolla Bill Y'all!
  • Eggcelsior
    Throw in some spinach to everything, the only thing it changes is the color but it adds a ton of that "good for you" stuff. 

Vitamins and Minerals FTW!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    We buy the frozen mixed berries too.  They blend up nice, but never did like the grit from the seeds.  I can live with it. 

Mangos are probably our favorite in smoothies and dakkeries.

SWMBO does a smoothy with greek yogart that's really good.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Smoothies and baby food is our main use. We also have the twister jar which works really good when you dont want too much liquid. 
    Seattle, WA
  • I just spent $180 at HEB. Half wine and half frozen/fresh fruit. 

Thanks again everyone. 
  • I've done frozen and fresh, but never really got the results I wanted. I think if I would have added less mango and some Limeade, that may have worked. I've tried a mango reduction with sugar then made daiquiris from that, but the consistency was more of a smoothie than daiquiri. The more I think about it, I'm betting there was some sort of mango extract/concentrate added to the ones we had in Mexico, which is why it had less of a smoothie consistency.

Thanks again everyone. 
    $90 on adult beverage, $90 on fruit, nothing like a balanced diet. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Thanks again everyone. 

Hardly balanced if $45 of that fruit goes into adult bevs. More like 75-25.

Thanks again everyone. 
    Just dont tell the wife lady. 
  • Eggcelsior
    At 3:1, at least he's spreading the wealth. Less than half the calories will be empty, mind you!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I stay out of domestic disputes

Thanks again everyone. 
    Whoa. It is on a transaction basis, so $90 for wine (Adult beverage), $90 for fruit is balanced, the net result if you will, is $0, healthy vs "unhealthy". The next shopping trip might be $90 for adult beverage, $90 for Cheerios, fruit and brisket, still balanced and the result is still $0. You have to think like an accountant, it is not the truth it is what answer do you want?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddy, the wife lady is an accountant. She only wanted to know when I planed on drinking all the wine. I hit "smoothie" on the blender and pretended I couldn't hear her.