Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Registration Open Enrollment | Through October 6, 2024

Comments

• @HannahGreeneEgg I am going through the motions. My egg was already registered in the system, sweet. snapped pictures of the broken bowl and submitted claim. good. Warranty was approved a few hours later.  easy peasy. 
      Select dealer pick up or ship. I select dealer pick up, put in my zip and it lists 2 dealers 75 miles (south) of me in Cincinnati with the part in stock. I try zips closer to Columbus which is 30 miles or so away, nothing pops up, so I click "show all local options" and alas Columbus dealers pop up with a (X out of stock) or Contact Store For Availability.
      So I essentially need to call the store, verify that they don't have the fire bowl and then try and convince them to order one for me because I was approved for warranty through BGE?  Is there a option to just ship it to the store?  I don't see this new system as beneficial If I still have to talk the dealer into ordering the warrantied part.   Also there is no option to price the shipping before committing (please note that your selection is final, and you won't be able to return to the screen once you proceed to checkout) to having it shipped.   
    Hey again! Apologies for the delay here. Every dealer should be taking ownership of warranty claims, there should be no convincing needed. They are all fully up to speed on the new process and are able to process any claims that you bring in, and are ready to do so. If you run into any issues where a dealer is not willing to fulfill a warranty claim, please reach out to support@biggreenegg.com so we can get this taken care of. We are working on getting the shipping prices prior to committing as well, so stay tuned for that update!
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,245
    Clause #13 in warranty info at biggreenegg.ca:
    13. VOIDING THE WARRANTY Any unauthorized modifications or alterations to an EGG will void the Warranty. This includes using any parts inside the EGG other than authentic BGE components; drilling holes or tampering with any of the parts; or using any internal components in any way other than as intended by the manufacturer. Modifying or substituting any internal components, including the fire grate and fire ring, will void the Warranty, and BGE expressly disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage which may result. The pouring of lighter fluids or any flammable mixture onto or into an EGG will void the Warranty. This practice is dangerous and may result in damage or injury. Please see Safety Tips.

Dumb question, can they deny claims due to use of aftermarket parts such as KAB?  
    or any of CGS's products. No matter how close to the EGG products they may be.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 223
    Welcome to @HannahGreeneEgg!!!
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof #TeamGozney
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,384
    13. VOIDING THE WARRANTY Any unauthorized modifications or alterations to an EGG will void the Warranty. This includes using any parts inside the EGG other than authentic BGE components; drilling holes or tampering with any of the parts; or using any internal components in any way other than as intended by the manufacturer. Modifying or substituting any internal components, including the fire grate and fire ring, will void the Warranty, and BGE expressly disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage which may result. The pouring of lighter fluids or any flammable mixture onto or into an EGG will void the Warranty. This practice is dangerous and may result in damage or injury. Please see Safety Tips.

Dumb question, can they deny claims due to use of aftermarket parts such as KAB?  
    or any of CGS's products. No matter how close to the EGG products they may be have copied CGS products.
    @Stormbringer - FTFY  :)

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 12,003
    @Stormbringer do a clean burn to break and replace any weakened ceramics before you emigrate ;)
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,122
    @HannahGreeneEgg I am going through the motions. My egg was already registered in the system, sweet. snapped pictures of the broken bowl and submitted claim. good. Warranty was approved a few hours later.  easy peasy. 
      Select dealer pick up or ship. I select dealer pick up, put in my zip and it lists 2 dealers 75 miles (south) of me in Cincinnati with the part in stock. I try zips closer to Columbus which is 30 miles or so away, nothing pops up, so I click "show all local options" and alas Columbus dealers pop up with a (X out of stock) or Contact Store For Availability.
      So I essentially need to call the store, verify that they don't have the fire bowl and then try and convince them to order one for me because I was approved for warranty through BGE?  Is there a option to just ship it to the store?  I don't see this new system as beneficial If I still have to talk the dealer into ordering the warrantied part.   Also there is no option to price the shipping before committing (please note that your selection is final, and you won't be able to return to the screen once you proceed to checkout) to having it shipped.   
    Hey again! Apologies for the delay here. Every dealer should be taking ownership of warranty claims, there should be no convincing needed. They are all fully up to speed on the new process and are able to process any claims that you bring in, and are ready to do so. If you run into any issues where a dealer is not willing to fulfill a warranty claim, please reach out to support@biggreenegg.com so we can get this taken care of. We are working on getting the shipping prices prior to committing as well, so stay tuned for that update!

Alright, I am building up to it. Ill let you know how it goes!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dannys
    dannys Posts: 165
    Wow!  What a chore! 

Since I don't have original bill of sale (or equivalent) I had to got to the open enrollment page. You only find out that after filling out all fields on the registration page. Then I tried 3 times to register on my iPad finally giving up and going to my PC. Lo and behold, the registration took. 

After working in the tech field for almost 40 years, I find it really frustrating when companies limit the testing of their web site to ONLY PCs. Not Linux, not iPhone, not iPad, etc.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,305
    I think all of eggs should be registered now.  I even submitted a registration for my Mini, which I clearly stated I am not the original owner, I bought it used a long time ago.  I stated it in the drop downs and in the notes section.  I am curious to see what happens with that one.  All my other ones were legit and I still have receipts.  I didn't trust the registration system so saved digital copies of the receipts.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,994
    Maybe this has already been asked and I overlooked it...I have 4 eggs (L, M, S and Mini)- all bought by me brand new and from a dealer in Peoria, IL named Hearth and Patio which quit selling them some time back.

Q. When I went to submit a form I believe I will have to submit 4 forms as I saw no way to make only one filing. Is that correct?

Q. When I bought my L and S back in the year 2000 I built a table to hold both of them and they still reside there. Back in 2000 I was only 56 years old and had a strong back.  I no longer have that strength here at age 80 - nor any one who can help me lift them out of that table in order to submit the required unobstructed pictures of their exteriors. So should I flip a coin to decide if the risk of a hernia at my age to achieve the mandatory submission of unobstructed pictures or simply chalk up no warranty in spite of submitting the registration cards for all four of my eggs back when I bought them? 

Q. I had a picture which I called my family portrait of all 4 eggs together which I used for producing my "business cards" initially for the 9 years when I was holding night cooking classes at my dealer's store on how to use the BGEs. These were not simple demo classes, but full fledged $45 per head classes which helped my dealer sell many more eggs and more eggcessories. Can I submit one of those cards by mail in lieu of submission via internet? And if so what is the mailing address I should use? If you don't want to answer here then send me a PM or you already have my email address. Thanks!
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,199
    RRP said:
    Maybe this has already been asked and I overlooked it...I have 4 eggs (L, M, S and Mini)- all bought by me brand new and from a dealer in Peoria, IL named Hearth and Patio which quit selling them some time back.

Q. When I went to submit a form I believe I will have to submit 4 forms as I saw no way to make only one filing. Is that correct?

Q. When I bought my L and S back in the year 2000 I built a table to hold both of them and they still reside there. Back in 2000 I was only 56 years old and had a strong back.  I no longer have that strength here at age 80 - nor any one who can help me lift them out of that table in order to submit the required unobstructed pictures of their exteriors. So should I flip a coin to decide if the risk of a hernia at my age to achieve the mandatory submission of unobstructed pictures or simply chalk up no warranty in spite of submitting the registration cards for all four of my eggs back when I bought them? 

Q. I had a picture which I called my family portrait of all 4 eggs together which I used for producing my "business cards" initially for the 9 years when I was holding night cooking classes at my dealer's store on how to use the BGEs. These were not simple demo classes, but full fledged $45 per head classes which helped my dealer sell many more eggs and more eggcessories. Can I submit one of those cards by mail in lieu of submission via internet? And if so what is the mailing address I should use? If you don't want to answer here then send me a PM or you already have my email address. Thanks!
    I’ll answer from my experience. 

1 - You submit one form for each egg. Sounds like you, like me, will submit four forms. 

2 - I submitted my pics simply in the tables or nests as they exist, and even submitted internal pics with them full
    of charcoal. All were approved. See my included example of what I actually submitted for mine ….

3 -  no idea my friend. The entire process to submit my eggs was under five minutes online, from my iPhone. Give it a try that way and proceed further, should they require. Good luck!!

These, as usual, posted out of order,  but they’re the actual pics I used. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 699

Weber did not fair well with their restrictive warranty.

The Federal Trade Commission is taking action against grill maker Weber-Stephen Products, LLC, for illegally restricting customers’ right to repair their purchased products. The FTC’s complaint charges that Weber’s warranty included terms that conveyed that the warranty is void if customers use or install third-party parts on their grill products. Weber is being ordered to fix its warranty by removing illegal terms and recognizing the right to repair and come clean with customers about their ability to use third-party parts.

“This is the FTC’s third right-to-repair lawsuit in as many weeks,” said Samuel Levine, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “Companies that use their warranties to illegally restrict consumers’ right to repair should fix them now.”

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2022/07/ftc-takes-action-against-weber-illegally-restricting-customers-right-repair
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    My receipt wasn’t accepted because it didn’t have a date.  It was the receipt written by the shop, all handwritten on their letterhead receipt pad.  Luckily, found a photo of the corresponding credit card receipt which has a date.  Will try again.  This one doesn’t specify the egg size and I can only submit one photo, so we shall see.

• alaskanassasin
    What is the point of all this if you still have to order warranty parts from a dealer? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Also why don’t they try and redesign the fire bowl? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,784
    Ever seen a KJ one @alaskanassasin? Seems like BGE could make something “similar”
  • alaskanassasin
    ColbyLang said:
    Ever seen a KJ one @alaskanassasin? Seems like BGE could make something “similar”

I have never seen one in the wild but I understand it is made up of individual pieces instead of one massive bowl.  Every large fire bowl ever manufactured by BGE has to have broken or cracked at some point. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    I am sure @JohnInCarolina could whip something up in his free time that would last longer.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    They tried with the slit
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    My receipt wasn’t accepted because it didn’t have a date.  It was the receipt written by the shop, all handwritten on their letterhead receipt pad.  Luckily, found a photo of the corresponding credit card receipt which has a date.  Will try again.  This one doesn’t specify the egg size and I can only submit one photo, so we shall see.
    Next time send a collage?
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 30
    2nd attempt was also declined for "no date", but there is a date on the CC receipt.  Maybe I just register it as "missing receipt". even though I have already had a successful warranty claim on this egg.

Taking @Canugghead 's advice, submitting a collage with a red circle and arrow pointing to the date.

• Canugghead
  • alaskanassasin
    2nd attempt was also declined for "no date", but there is a date on the CC receipt.  Maybe I just register it as "missing receipt". even though I have already had a successful warranty claim on this egg.

Taking @Canugghead 's advice, submitting a collage with a red circle and arrow pointing to the date.

just write the date on the receipt.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac

just write the date on the receipt.
    Lol, I like that thought.  Unfortunately, I only have digital photos of the receipts.  3rd time was the charm.  All my eggs are finally registered.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,692
    Adding this to help with the registration process:
    Originally posted by @Coastal_OReggON under the Cen-Tex alertment thread of a couple of weeks ago as the process is streamlined if you have the POP and use the below link:

"You can check your warranty status here https://biggreenegg.com/

At the bottom of the page click “warranty registration”

Click “begin warranty registration”

Enter your email address and click search to see if BGE shows your egg(s) registered or not.  If your egg(s) are listed then you’re all set.

If not, you have two options at least until the end of September 2024.  It depends if you have a POP or not.

If you have a POP https://biggreenegg.com/warranty-registration/

Our registration was approved within 24 hours. 

Without a POP go to the “open enrollment” https://biggreenegg.com/open-enrollment/There are a few things that are required, including “approximate date of purchase” as well as two pics of your egg.  There is a statement that mentions pre 2016 eggs might not have serial numbers so I’m not sure if you will be approved if you say you purchased it after 2015 or not, but the serial number is not required to try to register. 

I have no idea if BGE will approve warranty claims in the future without having your egg(s) officially registered (as we’ve done in the past) or if this information will be retained by BGE, but we can hope.

Sorry for the long post but hopefully it helps."

BTW- I had online registered my SBGE when purchased in 2014 but as of today the "system" had no record of it.  So resubmitted. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,855

the new fire rings don't have the indentations for the plate setter, which kind of sucks.
    NOLA
  • Canugghead
    buzd504 said:

the new fire rings don't have the indentations for the plate setter, which kind of sucks.
    Just curious, what's the height compared to the old indented ones with dual height?
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,692
    The BGE online registration at least with POP is on top of it.  I submitted two registrations Saturday, one was approved Saturday the other yesterday.  The online filters are dialed in.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @Retired RailRoader that is an excellent outcome!  Good on BGE and your dealer!