Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Registration Open Enrollment | Through October 6, 2024

13»

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,384
    @HannahGreeneEgg - Ace Hardware in my area is discontinuing Eggs.  These are being sold as-is, no warranty.  Is this accurate, a discounted Egg is not eligible for warranty?

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,305
    dbCooper said:
    @HannahGreeneEgg - Ace Hardware in my area is discontinuing Eggs.  These are being sold as-is, no warranty.  Is this accurate, a discounted Egg is not eligible for warranty?

Maybe they are misinformed and they intended to say they will nit handle any warranty claims.  They probably do not know you can go to any dealer and get warranty help.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• whldch
    whldch Posts: 127
    I had I believe 2 warranty claims over the 10 or so years I've had my egg. I had submitted bills of sale and had no problem with the warranties. Now, after reading these posts I am unable to find my bill of sale. I emailed BGE twice to ask if they had a record of the warranties I received and documented, and no response.
  • @HannahGreeneEgg

Hi Hannah. Any news on the forthcoming registration process for Canadians that you had mentioned? Thanks. 
  • I am sure @JohnInCarolina could whip something up in his free time that would last longer.
    “free time” - lol

But in principle you’re right, it’s not that hard to design a fire ring that would be more resistant to thermo-mechanical fatigue.  Now is it worth the extra production cost to the company?  That’s far less clear. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,994
    I was one of the procrastinators because I have been so busy these last couple months (Yes, Virginia, even retired people can be very tied up!). But I had given myself an absolute deadline of Sept 27th to register my four eggs and I made it! I even registered this little guy in spite of BGE not producing them anymore. My advice to other eggheads - is get'erdone and you'll sleep better!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,305
    RRP said:
    I was one of the procrastinators because I have been so busy these last couple months (Yes, Virginia, even retired people can be very tied up!). But I had given myself an absolute deadline of Sept 27th to register my four eggs and I made it! I even registered this little guy in spite of BGE not producing them anymore. My advice to other eggheads - is get'erdone and you'll sleep better!

My mini is registered too!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• dbCooper said:

Morning! Can you let me know what store this is? We'll look into this! 
  • whldch said:
    I had I believe 2 warranty claims over the 10 or so years I've had my egg. I had submitted bills of sale and had no problem with the warranties. Now, after reading these posts I am unable to find my bill of sale. I emailed BGE twice to ask if they had a record of the warranties I received and documented, and no response.
    Hey there! If you want to message me your email address, I can look into your warranties and make sure we have it on file. If you've filed a warranty claim in the past, you should still be in our system but happy to take a look to double check! 
  • @HannahGreeneEgg

Hi Hannah. Any news on the forthcoming registration process for Canadians that you had mentioned? Thanks. 
    Hey there - no exact date yet for Canada! Will make sure to keep everyone informed though as more information becomes available. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,384
    dbCooper said:

Morning! Can you let me know what store this is? We'll look into this! 
    Westlake Ace Hardware
    3800 Old Cheney Rd Ste B
    Lincoln, NE 68516-2710
    (402) 421-1912
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 77
    Bump--last day!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 then 1 Medium, and 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,113
    wwinnc said:
    Bump--last day!
    Thank You!  (damn I procrastinate)  

The Past, Present, and Future all walk into a bar.

It was tense.  

• whldch said:
    I had I believe 2 warranty claims over the 10 or so years I've had my egg. I had submitted bills of sale and had no problem with the warranties. 
    https://piktid.com/
    Now, after reading these posts I am unable to find my bill of sale. I emailed BGE twice to ask if they had a record of the warranties I received and documented, and no response. 
    https://kobilabs.com/
    me too